24

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Who is it ?"

 

"No, no one. They come to the wrong house" I lied and see Baekhyun look at me in confusion. I acted like I am busy around my mum to avoid his eyes. "They can read the numbers on the door though.." Baekhyun mumbled. 

"Jihae"

"Yes, mum?" I turned to her and see her holding a small white bottle, "What is this ? Isn't this medicine for-" "Ouh! Thats mine" Baekhyun snatched it away from her and I frowned. "Baekhyun, thats rude" I said and he awkwardly rub his neck, "Im sorry, I was just startled"

"Are you sick, Baekhyun ?" My mum ask and he shook his head no, with a smile plastered on his face. "Just daily vitamin for me" he said as he quickly hide the pill bottle at another place. "Your husband is weird" My mum chuckled as she shake his head and I smile, "He has always been weird, mum"

"Are you sure you didnt taught him to be one ?" she joked, "Mummm, pleasee" I whined before both of us laugh as we finish preparing the food on the dining table. "Baekhyun, lunch is ready !" My mum shouted and Baekhyun respond to her from somewhere in the house. 

 

 

 


I bid Baekhyun and mum goodbye when they went out for Baekhyun's daily check-up. Its like Seungcheol knew when Baekhyun is not here when I got his message.

 


You free, today ?

 


I quickly typed yes, and he reply that we need to meet at a restaurant nearby. I changed to another outfit and went out to the destination. 

"Seungcheol !" I called out to him as I waved my hand. He look up at me and signalled me to come over. "Im sorry, I take too much time to be here" I said and he shrugged. "Nah, its not even 5 minutes since I reached here" I take my sit infront of him as he called a waiter to take our order.

The waiter come over and we ordered our drinks before we talk about each others news since the last time we met. "How about Chanyeol ?" I asked, "I thought we are here to talk about him" I said as I take a sip of my black coffee. "He is just fine, except for a few days after you left" he said, "He was devastated"

Me too.

"Like- he has no life" Seungcheol grinned,

I know how it feels like.

"But he is getting better since then" he smiles at me,

Thats great..

"I set him up for a few blind dates but it never work because he wont go to any of it"

I chuckled, "Do you, perhaps want to meet him, Jihae ?" he asked, making my heart skip a beat at the thought of meeting him again. I still remember vividly the memory when the last time he leaves me. Its like it just yesterday when he leaves me..

"Uhm ?" I raised my eyebrows. "You, Chanyeol. What happen ?" he asked. "You didnt know ?" I mumbled, "I know; what I mean is what are you, now"

I frozed as I stared at the thin air for awhile. "A.. friend, I guess ?" I said, unsure of what we are. We never said we want a break up; it is more like we are taking a break to faced the conflict in our life. "I am married, Seungcheol. You know that, right ?"

"I know that very well" he smiles, "I am not invited to your private wedding but Chanyeol and I was there" My eyes widened toward his statements. The coffee mug almost slipped from my hand, "You was there with him ?" I said in disbelief, "No way, they are guards guarding around the building and only certain people can get in"

"Hmm, lets say your father gives us a pass to get in" he said and this time, I almost choked on the coffee. "D-Dad let you in ?" "Yeah, he actually call us to come over and we did" 

"Did my dad say anything to you ?"

He shook his head, "Nothing, your dad invite us because he want to say thank you for making the promise come true" That promise. "What promise ?" he asked and I just smiles. "For me and Baekhyun to get married, our parents are bestfriends since they still small and we uhm.. kind of inherited their friendship ?" I said and he nod. 

"So, where is he now ?" I asked and he suddenly coughed like he is choked on something. I quickly handed to him his juice. "Thanks" he said after recovering. "No, its okay. Did I ask something wrong just now ?" I laugh awkwardly, feeling guilty for making him shock like this.

"No, its just; Chanyeol.. he is uhm.. where should he be right now ?" he mumbled to himself. "Is he perhaps at his halmeoni's house ?" I asked and he clicked his fingers. "Right, he is staying there" Seungcheol said and I raised my eyebrows at how his eyes moved wildly around the place.

"Stop acting like that, its like Chanyeol is here with us" I said and his eyes slightly widened. "T-thats nonsense" he said awkwardly and I find that he is acting really strange right now. "He is here.. isnt he ?" I asked and find his body stiffened. Gotcha.

"No ?. . . . I mean- no ! how can he be here when his house is so far from here" he scoffed and I rolled my eyes at how bad his acting is. I turned around and look around the restaurant for Chanyeol but he is nowhere to be seen. "He is not here, why dont you trust me ?"

I changed my gaze to him, "Because your acting in the worst and its obvious that he is here, Seungcheol"

"Okay okay. He was here"

"Was ?"

"Uh-hum. He just went out about.." he look at his watch, "Uhm, a minute and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter