22

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I cant believe it last much more longer than I thought.."


"What ?"


One year and a half have passed since the day Baekhyun and I got married. Both of us moved and live together in Incheon instead of living in Seoul due to our parents decision. It is for our own good- they say when in fact I know they dont want me to stay there and get the opportunity to meet Chanyeol again.

Baekhyun consumed his daily vitamin after having our breakfast. He caught me staring at him and he raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean it last much more longer than you thought ?" I asked and he coughed like a startled person. I handed him his plain water and he drink it until he recovered.

"Y-You heard that ?"

"So what if I heard it ?.. Do you mean our relationship ? This marriage perhaps ? That.. it wont last.." I asked and he stared at the thin air for a moment until it hit me, "Are you doubting on me, Baekhyun ? Really ?" Suddenly I feel teribly upset on him for his doubting on me after all of the sacrificed that I made for him.

"Jihae.. its not what I mean.." he mumbled as he eye-ing the mug in his hand. "You always say that silent mean yes, Baekhyun"

He opened his mouth to say something but he closed them again and shook his head as he sighed. He changed his gaze to his vitamin's bottle and grab it before leaving me to put the small bottle in the drawer. "Baekhyun-"

"Im tired.." he said weakly as he head to his room and slammed it close. He didnt even turn or look at me when he said it, "Baekhyun-ah.." I mumbled and look at the empty mug that he left. I realised he is acting weird this few days. I didnt even know why..

I still remember when his office called me- saying that he is not there and ask me for the reason. I turned speechless because he go out like usual but he never reached his office. It happened for the rest of the week. I never ask him for the reason and I acted like it never happened instead. I want to find the reason from him himself but as time goes on I slowly lost my trust on him.

I stands infront of our room and knocked on the door, "Baekhyun.." I called out to him and knocked on his door for a few times but never received any answer from the inside. "Baek, open the door. I promise I wont ask you nonsense anymore, alright ?" I said as I hold the doorknob and twisted it around.

"Baekhyun ?" I whisper as I peak to the inside and find him leaning on the bed. Is he trying to sleep again ? At 9 in the morning ? He wrapped himself tightly around the blanket with his eyes closed. I sit on the bed and run my hand on his soft hair. "Are you mad.." I whisper as my hand slowly moved to his cheek, I stop right there and frozed.

"B-Baekhyu-" He grab my hand tightly, his face written with pain at the moment. "You're burning!" I said in panic when I find him feels hot and sweaty. "Jihae.. its hurt.." he mumbled in pain. "H-hurt ? What hurt ?! W-wait I will call the ambulance-" 

"No.. t-the pills in the drawer" he managed to speak despite the pain he's having right now. I quickly open the drawer next to the bed and grab the pill that he point out to me. I help him to put the pill in his mouth and gives him a small bottle of water to drink. He leaned on the bed as he catch on his breath, the sweat endlessly flow from his forehead and I wipe them away with my sleeves. "Baekhyun.." I cupped his face and he weakly opened his eyes. He met with my eyes and smirk, making me confused before he pull me to his embrace.

"Im okay.." he whisper as he snuggled to my chest. He said he's okay as if he know what I am going to say. "But you have a fever and you need to meet a doctor.."

"You are my doctor, Jihae"

"A real doctor, Baekhyun.. the one who can healed your fever"

"You can heal it"

"Dont be stupid, Baek" Im about to pushed him when he pulled me back forcely, "Y-you can" his voice broken. "Something is wrong.. isnt it ?" I said and wait for the answer but it remained silent as he keep on sleeping with his hand around me.

 

 

 

I open my eyes and find that I was sleeping too. I turned my head and look at the time. 1 in the afternoon. I grab Baekhyun's hand out of my way and stands on my feet. He was trying to hold onto me whenever I tried to moved even an inch but I guess he has completely fallen asleep now. 

He need to go work by now.. but why should I care when he wont even reached his office once he step out from this house ? I looked at his sleeping face for awhile and find that he is still sweating. I extend my hand to the air and feels the coldness from the A/C but why..

I pushed his hair out of his face and he frowned a little in his sleep. His bang is slightly wet like he just went out for a jog. I rest my palm on his forehead and my eyes widened, "Baekhyun.." I mumbled before cupping his face and examined him a little more closer. Baekhyun looks paler than before.. "Hey, wake up" I gently slap his cheek but he didnt respond. Instead, he keeping on frowning and groaning weakly like.. like he is in pain. "Baek, its not funny. Open your eyes and look at me" I searched for his eyes as he trying his best to open his eyes.

His hand reached mine and he grab them weakly, "T-that pill.." he mumbled and I slap his hand away. "No, stop consuming that pill. I will call the doctor" I said but he hold onto me, tighter this time. "Baekhyun" I said sternly, "You are sick and need a freaking doctor instead of that white pill. Fullstop" I determined and leaves to take a call with our private doctor.

"Uhm, yeah he is sweating a lot since this morning. . . . . .Pills ? Ahh that pill ? Yeah he eat them a lot though. . . . .Okay, please be fast" I hang up and turned around just to see Baekhyun looking at me with his pale face and weak eyes. My heart drop at this sight of him. He used to smiles and laugh to his own jokes but not anymore..

My hands fall to my sides before I slowly head to him. He keeping on staring at me until I feel his hand, again reached out to mine. "You are weird. You know that" I said and he nod. "Im sorry" he whisper. "No.. just recover and sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter