18

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Honey Bunny Gummy Sweety wake up"

 

Chanyeol's lightly carressed my cheeks with the back of his hand and grinned infront of my face, "Wake up, we are here" he said as I rub my eyes and look around the view. "Where are we ?" I asked in bewildered, I have never seen this place before. It looks like a countryside, so far from the city. 

"Its my parents house, my real father house I mean" he said as he grab a thin sweater at the back seat, Im sure my eyes is blinking when I see the veins in his neck, "The house is empty for a few days and we can stay here for awhile, are you okay with that ?" he raised his eyebrows and handed to me the sweater. "As long as you're with me, everything is okay Chan" I said and softly smiles. 

"Great, lets go" he ruffles my hair and we get out of the car. The sun is slowly setting up to the sky and hit me- did he just stay up all night to reached here ? The last time I remember was when it is dusk before I asleep. "It is a lot more refreshing here than the city, right ?" he asked and I just nod. I examined his face as I follow his step to god-know-where. Isnt he sleepy after that long drive ?

"How long are we going to walk ?"

He turned to me as he tucked his hands in his pocket, "About 200 metres.. the road is too small for cars and I get used to it by times. You need some help ?"

"No.." I mumbled when he suddenly get on his knee infront of me, I stop on my track and eye-ing him in bewildered "W-what are you.." "Get on my back" Chanyeol said as I faced his back, "What ?" 

"Come on, I have been wanting to do this" he said and a smile creeps on my face at the thought of him imagining me doing sweet things with him. "Okay.. but Im heavy"

"Its alright, just get on my back" he insisted and I slowly s my hands around his neck and he piggyback me to his house. "Feeling okay back there ?" he said and I could feel the vibration of his voice through his back.

I snuggled to his neck and nodded, "Super, I want to stay like this forever" I really hope I can. He laugh to my words, "Youre going to break my back, silly" he said ,still laughing. "I dont care" I joked and kissed his cheek from the back. "Thank you, Chanyeol"

"No no no, thank you"

"Why ?" I said, trying to look at his eyes. "Im not sure, just thank you for everything" he said and I nod, "Uhm, me too" I smile as I back-hugging him tighter. "You're going to choke me to death but I am totally okay with that" he said and I loosened my hand around him in a second, "Uh-oh- Im sorry" He slightly grinned, "Cute" I could feels myself blushing at his word. Ugh its just a word and he already make me feels like this. "Are we there yet ?" I asked, "Nope, almost"

"Okay..."

"Sleep on my shoulder if you're still sleepy"

"I dont want to" I mumbled and just leaned my head on his shoulder. Why should I sleep and let this precious memory go just like that ? I might regret it later. "I want to accompany you" I said and feels him smiling. "I would be thankful for that, sweetheart" 

I swear he is the sweetest thing alive.

 


"So you was there since the beginning of the story ?" I asked as I scoop the dark chocolate ice-cream he served to me. He sit infront of me as he too, enjoying his dark chocolate ice-cream. "Uh-hum, I followed you when you get out from the house.. I just feels like something is going to happened and Seungcheol just happened to be there" his expression turned sour as he looked down on his ice-cream, 

"Im sorry, I should be the one who help you back then but I just thought of something crazy"

"Something crazy ?" I frowned. "This. Running away" he looked up and our eyes met. The ice-cream suddenly tasted sweeter than usual. "All this plan just hit me in a second and it just happened with his help"

"Dont be sorry then, because Im happy with your decision." I smiled at him and scoop a spoon of ice-cream before extending my hand to feed him, and he happily eat it. "Is that mean you know about our past ?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows. "What past ?"

I turned dumbfounded for a moment and just grinned, "I guess it is just a coincidence" I mumbled, "What ? I dont catch what you're saying" he said as he feed me some of his ice-cream. "Long story, Chanyeol"

"Then, make it short"

"I saved his life when we was 12th" I said and his eyes widened, "Do you mean Seunghceol ?"

"Uhm" I slightly nod as I scoop the last bit of the ice-cream. "But he never tell me anything about-" "Chanyeol ?" I said and pouted. He stop talking in a second and looked at me with his wide brown eyes, "What ?" his hand frozed in the air as he look at me in bewildered. I raised my small bowl and show it to him, "I finished my ice-cream.." I whined, "I want more" I blinked my eyes and he suddenly laugh as he shook his head slowly, "Sure, wait a minute" he grab the bowl in my hand and head to the kitchen. 

I happily swing my leg back and forth as I bite the spoon, looking at the countryside view through the opened window. "Here, eat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter