4

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Im awake to my mum's scream right in the morning.

 

I groaned and grab a pillow before hug it tight to my head, preventing my ear from listening to her high-pitched voice. "Ji Hae. Ji Hae, Ji Hae, Ji Hae" "Mum, can you not ?" I shoved the pillow away and sit up on the bed as I looked at my mum who grinning at the door. "Good morning ! Its school day two ! Im sure you're excited !"

"Im not- wait what ?"

"What ?" She walk over to my closet and grab my towel before throwing it to me. "Get ready, dont let my husband waiting~" she said. Okay that was cheesy.

"Wait mum-" I said and she stopped right away, looking at me in questions. "Its the second day Im going to school ?"

My mum suddenly gasped and run over to me before cupping my cheeks. "Oh god, did you cried all night long ?" My eyes widened. So everything that happened before-.. was just a dream ? I didnt missed the second day to school and went to Incheon with Chanyeol ? I never met Baekhyun in the first place ? 

"I didnt cried" I lied. "I ate ramyun last night thats why-" "Ouh please, you didnt eat anything last night" she said in worried. I lower my head and bit my bottom lip. I hate it when my parents find that Im crying.

"Is it about B-" "Yes, mum.. yes" I admit and sighed. "Can you please dont mention his name infront of me" I said slowly and feels her hand on my head. "Its still too early and-" "Do you want to skip today's school ?"

"Huh ?" I looked at her and she smiles "Im asking whether you want to go to school or not, dear"

"Ofcourse I want.. I mean- I need to. I just started yesterday"

"In this condition ? You should mirrored yourself" she slightly grinned "Just like a panda"

Panda ? 

My heart skipped a beat at the word panda. It reminds me to Chanyeol's word in my dream last night. "I.. am going to get ready" I said, ignoring her and head straight to the bathroom with the towel she throwed to me just now.

 

 

 

"Mum, can I borrowed your spectacles ? The one without lens on ?"

"I dont have such things, Jihae. I though you bought one before" she screamed from the outside. I sighed and hit a small pillow that is lying on the floor. I just get out from my room and go to the dining room.

"I think I lost it when we moved here" I scratched my head. "I cant find it anywhere"

"Just buy a new one then" She said as she put a cup of plain water infront of me. "Buy a new one what ?" My dad put his bag on an empty chair and take his sit next to me.

He suddenly laughed and I rolled my eyes. Knowing what he is laughing at. I lower my head and let my hair hide my bruising eyes. "I cant remember that I live with a panda before"

"Oww, not you too" I whined. "Im joking, Jihae" he tap my back gently. "Eat your breakfast, you dont want to be late on your second day of school ,right ?"

"Yeah" I said and drink my plain water one-shot. 

"Im sorry for last night, dear. I shouldnt have push you to answer to his call, right ?" My mum suddenly said as my father nodding his head. I blinked my eyes as I stared at the empty mug on the table.

"Can we not talk about him ?"

"Ofcourse, anything for you. Just know that Im always here listening to your problems" "Me too, anyway you look pretty without tying your hair today" my father ruffles my hair and I finally smile for the day.

"Thanks dad" I grinned. "Changing your style ?" My mum asked. "No, Chanyeol told me that I shouldnt have tied my hair-" "Chan- who ?" I turned speechless for awhile before come to my sense. "Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol. A friend I met yesterday" 

"Its good to know that you has meet a friend" he said and I just smiled. "But dont let him hurt you just like what happened between you and you-know-who, alright ?" 

My smile faded in less than a second.

 

 


"-and when its happened, the country turned chaos and-" I keep on listening to my history teacher, he keep on explaining things since half an hour ago and read what is written inside of the book- like we cant even read it ourself. I wonder is his throat hurts because his voice is so loud that I cant even sleep whenever I tried to. Unlike me, Chanyeol who is sitting next to me already sleeping soundly with his head rest on the table.

His hair was black-in-colour yesterday, but it turned to silver today. I rest my head on my palm as I stared on his sleeping face. Its fascinating to find someone with silver hair, I though it looked like an old man's hair but the longer I stared at him- its actually looked good on him. They looks so soft and.. I feel like touching it.

Omg- what am I thinking about ?

Wait- my eyes widened at what Im seeing right now. Its a pendant. An exact pendant I find in my dream. I can see it hang around his neck. How can this even-

"Nam Jihae ?" I quickly changed my gaze to the source of the voice and find my teacher staring at me. I smile awkwardly and bow my head. "Im sorry" I said slowly- more to a whisper. "Dont mind him sleeping, he has been always sleeping during my class- or should I say- every classes. So mind to focus on me instead of him ?" he said and the whole class whoo-ed at me.

"Love is in the air~" Someone sing and the teacher hit his table with the book he's holding. The whole class turned silent in a second. I ended up just nod my head and keep my eyes on him instead of Chanyeol.

But no matter how hard I tried, I cant keep on focusing. My mind keep on thinking about the pendant. Is it even possible to find the pendant he wearing is exactly the same as in my dream ?

Or is it just a coincidence ?

The bell rings and everyone started to leave the class. But I remained on my sit as I look at Chanyeol who is still fast asleep. I wonder if I should wake him up, and asked him about the pendant. But before I could do anything, he already opened his eyes and stretched his hands. Its so long that I need to move a bit from him.

"Wheres everyone ?" He mumbled. "Its recess time, Chan" I said and he looked at me with his sleepy eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter