19

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I turned the doorknob and open the door, about to called out to Chanyeol but it never come out when I see him sleeping on his bed. Smiles slowly creeps on my face as I step in. I grab the phone in his hand before put it on the nightstand. 

"Thank you for today. Sleep well" I whisper with my broken voice as I run my hand through his hair and pulled the blanket up to his shoulder. He slightly stirred in his sleep and my body stiffened for a moment, worried if I make him wake up from his deep sleep. He must be tired after that long drive from Seoul and I am sure he didnt meant to forget to his promise for the night walk.

Well, we still have tomorrow. I watch him sleeping for a little while more before turning around, switching off the lights as I head out from his room. A sigh come out right after I closed the door and leaned on it. 


I will bring her back, I promise. Just for a few days.. and I will let her go. 


I squinted my eyes tight, trying to hold onto the tears but I fail. My knee weakened and my body slide down to the floor and I hug my knee as I started to sob loudly, didnt even care if Chanyeol heard to my cries. I should have known why he tried to do this in the first place. His phone screen was so bright just now, showing the message that he typed out to Baekhyun, saying he will let me go.

I should have known that I will never get to be with him forever no matter how much we loves each other. But still.. eventhough we know it will turned out to be that way, he should have atleast try to hold onto me. God, its hurt so much. Why should I know the truth to his doing ? Why now when I am about to appreciate his presence next to me ?  

Chanyeol.. is it just me or you didnt love me enough ? Why is it so easy for you to let go of me ?

Tears stained the hem of Chanyeol's shirt that Im wearing. I hate it on how the shirt smell so much like him but at the same time I love how his smell could comfort me like this. He is making me gone crazy. I dont even know anymore. All I know is I want to cry my heart out so when he wake up.. I could pretend that I never find the truth. So that I could pretend that Im okay. 

 

 

At the other side of the door, Chanyeol is slowly taking his steps closer to the sound of the familiar cries. His heart ache on how loud her cries is. He turned around and sit on the floor as he gently leaned back to the door. His hand moved to where his heart located and clutching onto his red shirt. His heart beating so fast that its hurt as he know that she is crying over their fate. How he hope he could throw the pain away from his chest. 

He extend his hand to the air and stared at the rings that he is wearing. One is supposed to be hers- it have been forever since he wanted to proposed to her- but he cant seem to find the perfect moment. But then again.. can he even say the words to her when he know she is not going to be his life partner ?

A tear run down his cheek after holding onto the pain for a long time. The sound of her cries making it worst for him. He cupped his face and run his hand through his hair in frustation. No, I cant be so weak. He thought but just for today, he want to let it all out, sharing the pain they have to faced with only the white door that separating them from each other.

 

 


I stared out through the window as I drink my morning juice. The sweetness fill in my mouth and I smile in satisfaction. "Morning.." my body stiffened for a moment when I feels Chanyeol snaking his hand around me from the back. "Im sorry I fell asleep" he whisper, inhaling my hair scent. "Its okay, you're tired after that long drive, right ?"

"Uhm" he hugs me a little bit tighter and peck my cheek, "Thank you for your understanding"

"Do you perhaps have a good dream last night ?" I asked, trying my best to act like everything is okay. Acting like he will never let me go in the future.. acting like I never know the truth. 

"Im not sure.. I cant remember"

"Then should I tell you what I dreamed of last night ?" I said as the smile on my face faded. Its like I am glaring at the view out there, "What is it, sweetheart ?"

"I had a frightening and scary dream.."

His hand loosened around me, making me scared for a moment at the thought of him letting me go. But all that thought faded when he turned me around to faced him, trapping me between his hands and raised his eyebrows, "Why dont you wake me up ? I could accompany you to sleep" he said as he leaned closer and closer, but I avoid it and turned my head to the other side,

"I.. am not finish" my eyes trembled and I bit my lips, "Im listening, go on" he whisper and I changed my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter