27

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In my dream, I saw him lying unconcious on the white plain sick bed. I remember crying and calling out his name over and over again but he never respond to my words. 

 

"Wake up, wake up and say something !"

 

I remember how I shook his body endlessly but he never moved an inch. I remember how it felt like, its sickly hurt and the pain is unbearable. I remember vividly on how much I want him to open his eyes. The fact that he leaves me- I can never accept it. I love him. I love him more than everything, it cant even described with words.

 

I remember crying so hard until my body feels numb. Lying on the cold plain ground as I called out for his name as if he already gone from my life. 

 

I remember how I gasped as cold sweat running down on my forehead. I felt Chanyeol's hands holding onto my body. His eyes shows sign of worries as he search for my eyes. Its blurry, the sight, the voice- everything.

 

"Jihae.."

 

"Ji.. hae.. hear.. you.. hey"

 

I feels myself spinning until he pull me to his embrace and repeat the same thing- over and over again.

 

"He will come back, he will come back"

 

It sounds so clear and relieving. The fact that all of them was just a dream, relief me. I remember I finally smiles at his words- that Baekhyun will be back. I just.. I miss him to death. Chanyeol moved back and forth as his hand patting me at the back until I drift to that nightmare all over again, from the starting.

 

 

 

 


The next morning, I find myself wake up with my eyes feeling so heavy. Chanyeol immediately come over and gently wipe my face with a cold wet towel. I grab his wrist and put them down, "Why.. are you doing this ?" I said weakly. I guess my energy drained away during my long sleep. My body struggles to sleep again, but my brain insisted on waking up. I'd rather waking up feeling drained out than seeing Baekhyun on that bed again with his pale face, closed eyes, unmoved, un-breathing.

Dead.

"Lets talk later" Great answer, because I dont think I can even think straight. "Your fever is getting worst.. here" he handed to me plain water and I gulped them down in one-shot. The plain water never feels so heavenly like this. The way they run down through my dry throat, it feels like I am finally alive.

"Im okay" I said as I put the empty glass on the nightstand. "You was here since yesterday ?" I asked and he nodded. "I was here and never left, since the beginning" he said.

"Right.. thank you" I weakly smiles. His hand reached for my head and pushed away the bang from my forehead, he use his other hand to wipe my sweat using the wet towel. "You miss him, dont you ?" he asked and I look at him. God, why is my eyes feels so heavy. "You keep screaming and saying his name in your sleep"

"How can I not miss my own husband ?"

"A simple answer like- Yes, I miss him -will do" he grinned. "How are you feeling ?"

"Tired.. its.. fuzzy"

"Fuzzy ? Is that even a word ?"

"My brain is making a fussed and Im dizzy" 

"Fuzzy, that makes sense" he nod his head, "I will used that word later" he stands up and head to the door. "Where are you going ?" I asked and he turned to me, "Why ? Scared I might disappeared from your sight ? like him ?"

It hit me really hard. Cant deny that. "Where are you going ?" 

"I just want you to know that I wont leave this house, until he come back. Dont worry" he smiles at the last two words before turning around and grab the doorknob.

"Are you saying you are going to leave after he come back ? Like.. leaving me ?" I whisper the question, but I guess he heard me when he stop on his track. "I never leaves a friend" he look at me and give me smile that didnt quiet reached his eyes, "Never"

And he quickly leave my room, which I thought he wont come back in a short time.

Chanyeol brings along a tray with a bowl of porridge on it when he comes into my room. "But Im not hungry" I said when he put the tray on my nighstand. "Who said you're eating ? Its mine" he joked and I hit his arm. He grinned, "You need to eat, no matter what"

"But-" "Baekhyun is going to kill me if he know you didnt eat properly" he said and I gulped. 

Baekhyun, the person who I miss the most.

"Where is he ?"

"To be honest, I didnt cook this by myself" he rub his nape, "You buy it ?" I asked and he nod, "I promise it will be delicious ! Its from the well-known porridge restaurant"

He ended up feeding me the porridge when I insisted to not eating. I actually realized he is trying to changed the topic whenever I asked about Baekhyun, and.. I just acted along. There must be a reason.. and I hope it is a good one.

"Do you mind telling me about your dream ?" he asked, and the dream flashed in my mind in a split second. I squinted my eyes and slightly shook my head to erased it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter