10

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I feel lifeless.


Lifelessly, I slowly get into my house and find it dim. Just like how I am right now. I find everyone have gone to a deep sleep. One, two step and I walked to upstairs. Drip. Drip. Drip. The tears endlessly flowing out from my eyes against my will. Crack. Crack. Crack. My heart broken to a deeper pain. 

I get short of oxygen due to my hiccuped. I have never cry so hard in my life. At the fifth steps on the stairs, my legs give in and I fall on the edgy floor. My hand held tightly to the white steel as if my lifes depend on it before crying even harder tonight.

The pain. The pain he gives me is so deep, its like Im bleeding.

I never thought the way Im trying to help him will make him go further from me. If only ..if only I knew. I would never let him go in the first place. I leaned my head on the cold steel before shutting my eyes closed, trying to make myself stop. But I failed miserably, because I ended up crying harder.

Like a guardian angel he is- I feels his warm when he started to s his hand around me. Baekhyun gently pulled me to his side and make me let it all out in his embraced. I clutched my hand onto his shirt tightly and snuggled to his chest as I cried. Baekhyun run his hand on my head repeatly before humming to a sweet lullaby he used to sing to me when I was his, when he was mine.

Tonight, it feels like I am his again.

 

 


The sunlight ray shined into my room from the open window. I extend my hand to blocked the sun ray from my sight, seeing the curtain dancing around with the wind. I slightly groaned and tried to move but a pair of hand stopping me before that hands pulling me tighter to his.

I looked up and see Baekhyun's flawless face. It's so early in the morning but he still look so good looking. How can this even- I find myself hard to opened my eyes. I sighed and give in, realizing that I have bruised eyes again. I feels Baekhyun warm kisses on my forehead before changing my gaze to him. I met his sparkling eyes and his soft smile. His bang looks so adorable on him, especially when he blinking his eyes while looking at me. God, how much I miss this view of him.

"I miss you" he whispered, giving me goosebump but I put on a small smile to him anyway. Out of billion words in this world, it should be that word that making me feels guilt. He gives me loves, but I gives him pain. I gives him love, but Chanyeol gives me pain. . . .Huh ?

"Why did you come find me again ?" I mumbled to his chest.

"Uhm ?"

"Im the pathetic one who sent you away" I continued.

"Its okay"

"But Baekhyun.."

"If you say it because you feels bad for me, dont worry about hurting me.. just stay as it is. Im okay" he said softly. "Just dont leave and forget me, Jihae. Thats all Im asking for"

I nod and put my hand around him, just like how I used to. "Im sorry, B" I said and feels him smiling. "Im sorry too, for not holding you back when you're leaving. For making the farewell hard for you, Im sorry" he whisper and kissed the crown of my head before we nap for a little longer in each others hands just like old times. This is the Baekhyun that I know. The Baekhyun that I loves. But no matter how Baekhyun is here comforting me, my mind keep wandering thinking of Chanyeol. I am physically to Baekhyun, but I am emotionally to Chanyeol. I just cant help myself.

"Lets skip today's school, I dont feel like I want to go" he mumbled and I uhm-ed to him. "Baekhyun ?"

"Uhm ?"

"Do you locked the door this time ?"

"Dont worry, none of them are going to find you sleeping with me today" he grinned and I break into a small smile, a silly accident flashed to my mind when Baekhyun and I was sleeping together on that one night, just to find our parents gasping in shock in the next morning. 

Now, it was just a memory of me and Baekhyun's loves story.

"Jihae ?"

"Uhm ?"

"Just want you to know that I still feeling the same" he said as he run his hand on my head. I softly smiles and nod my head, "I know. I wont forget" I said as I close my eyes tightly, trying to appreciate the one who stay by my side instead of the one who leaves me for good. 

 

 

"Wait- dont move. Stay here" Baekhyun stopped me before he peaked his head out to outside to look for our parents presence. "They are not here, they must be in the kitchen" Baekhyun said and I am about to follow him before he stopped me again.

"Just in case they see us get out of this room together, can you take a few minutes before I leaves ?"

I chuckled, "Baekhyun, you're way too worried about this"

"Ofcourse I am, you dont want them to forbid me from meeting you again, right ?" he frowned. "Or you're the one who dont want that to happened again" I said and he m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter