25

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I keep on glaring at Baekhyun who is slowly losing his anger,

 

"You didnt know ?" he said in disbelief. "Is it so important that I need to know that he was there ? Baekhyun, I am your wife. How can you doubt me like this ?"

He extend his hand to me but I push it away and turned away from him, "Sweetheart, Im sorry I was just-" 

"What happened here ?" he was cut by a voice at the door. We both turned to the door and see my personal doctor standing right there as he looking at the mess we just did. "Did I interrupt something ?" he asked and I sighed. "Please, can you leaves us two for awhile ?" Baekhyun said and the doctor obey to his words.

"But I just want to say that there is someone looking for Mrs. Byun just now" he said before closing the door and leaves. Baekhyun keep on staring at the closed door and I take the opportunity to grab the blanket and wrapped myself in it. I closed my eyes and take a deep breath, calming myself down and try to understand that Baekhyun is just worried. It is not his fault for getting mad and he didnt know the real story anyway. Plus, I still didnt tell him that I meet Seungcheol behind his back to talked about Chanyeol.

Meeting Chanyeol or not; I never thought of leaving him, I will never let Baekhyun go again. I wont, I cant. I started to learned to love him again, just like how happy we were before my family moved to Seoul. I really want to forget everything and go back to that moment when we were happy. 

I feels Baekhyun reached for my hand and gently holding onto it. His another free hand is caressing my long hair and I feel he kiss the crown of my head with a whisper of apology. He sounds so sincere that I feels guilty for shouting at him just now. I squinted my eyes and sigh secretly. I pulled down the blanket from my eyes and look at him as he softly gazing at me.

"Apology accepted" I whisper and put on a smiles that didnt reached my eyes. He nod with the same smile plastered on his face. I entwined our hands together and slowly pout, "Why ?" he softly asked as his hand never stop caressing my hair. "I want to go home" I said and he grinned. "We will, just not now"

"Cant we go now ?"

"No, sweetheart. Not until the doctor gives the permission for you to come home"

I sighed and we continue our staring battle. It stay like this for a very long time where none of us even speak a word to each other, just our eyes gazing to each other and smiles that crept on our faces.

Until a knock breaking our eye contact. Baekhyun turned to the door and the chair gives the squeaking sounds. I tilted my head to get a better view of the slowly opened door. A familiar guy get into my room and my eyes widened at the sight. I feels Baekhyun's hand tightened around mine as the guy taking his steps toward my bed.

My hands suddenly trembled when I see him infront of my two eyes, its like I am dreaming. No- I am literally drowning. Where the air suddenly go to ? He still didnt changed, just the way he is since the time when we part our ways. The tall guy extend his hand toward Baekhyun and they shook their hands eventhough the three of us know it is rather awkward to meet like this.

"Its been a long time" he look at me and I feels like the time stop. That eyes, that voice, its really him. Tears welling up in my eyes. God, I thought I have moved on from him but he still able to make me feels like this.

Chanyeol genuinely smiles at me, "Right, Jihae ?" he finished his words and I lower my head. Just to feels my tears fall on my lap. Baekhyun wipe the tears away and I turned to him, he softly smiles at me and mouthed, 'dont cry', but I cant help it. I suddenly feels scared if Baekhyun though wrongly toward my act.

"Im sorry for what happen" Chanyeol said as he put a bouquet of flowers on my lap. Sorry ?

 

Sorry for what ?

 

My broken leg ?

 

My purse that have been thieved ?

 

. . . us ?

 

 I just realised that he has been holding onto the flowers since he get in. "Thanks, she love this flower" Baekhyun said instead of me. I look at the flower with my trembled eyes, "I know" Chanyeol said and I changed my gaze to him. He look straight to my eyes, "I know" he repeated and I look away.

"Ofcourse" Baekhyun said before he make me faced him, "You okay, sweetheart ?" he asked and I want to say no, I am totally not okay right now, but no words come out from my mouth. Baekhyun break into a smiles as he turned to Chanyeol. "I guess he is too shock to see you, Im sorry but can you-" "I understand" Chanyeol said and I bit my lips. 

"I just want to see if you are okay, I was there when the accident happen and yeah.. Im glad you didnt hurt too badly" he said as he rub his neck awkwardly.

"I guess I will meet you later ? If you didnt mind of meeting me again.." his words trailed off and turning to mumbled at the last eight words. "Get well soon, Ji" he said as he make his way to the door. He stop on his track when he hold onto the doorknob.

I expect him to turn around and speak something, anything, because a part of me wanted something I cant even described from him. My heart drop when he continue to open the door wide and get out of here.

Baekhyun eyed him as he leaves. "You okay now ? Im sorry I should have chased him out earlier" he said as he look at me in worried. "No, its okay" I said, "Baekhyun, Im sorry.. I didnt meant to feel it this way" 

"Its okay, Im glad you are honest with me, sweetheart"

"I.. am not dreaming, right ? Is it because of the drug the doctor gives me to sleep just now or.." "Sweetheart" he carressed my cheeks and make me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter