28

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since the day I find out about Baekhyun's secret,

 

Since the day I screamed at Chanyeol,

 

I feels like killing myself due to.. everything. My phone suddenly buzzed around on the nightstand and I flip it over so I could see the one who is calling.

 

Baekhyun

 

That was unexpected. He never called me since he leaves. I quickly hit the green button and put the phone by my ear,

 

"Sweetheart ?" I can feels my breath hitched when I hear his voice. How long has it been since the last time I heard his voice ?

 

"Jihae ?" I look up and see Chanyeol calling out my name as he hold onto the doorknob, "Dinner is ready" he point to the kitchen, "Who are you talking to ?" he asked and positioned himself next to me.

 

"Hello ?" Baekhyun's voice from the other line can be heard and I gulped, "Yes, its me" I said as I look at Chanyeol.


"Who ?" Chanyeol mouthed and I could feels my eyes trembled, "Baekhyun, where did you go ?" I asked calmly and Chanyeol looks like he is taken aback when he heard Im saying Baekhyun's name. "Im sorry, how are you ?"


"..Fine, I guess"


"Thats great, I was worried sick" I hear him sighing from the other line as Chanyeol keep on staring at me. "Where did you go ?" I asked again, "I have some work.. uhm, theres a good news though !" his voice turned happier this time. 


"Let me guess, you are going to come home ?" I said and hear silent from him, "Baekhyun ? Are you there ?"


"Y-yeah" he chuckled, "Arent you happy ?"


"Ofcourse, I have been missing you" I turned away from Chanyeol's gaze and stands up. "I wait for you everyday.." I mumbled as I run my hand on Baekhyun's picture. "I wait for your call, I wait for your good morning, I wait for your good night but they never came.."


"Jihae.. Im sorry. I will be there by next week, alright ?"


I bit on my lips and find a tear fall from my eyes right on his picture, "Okay"


"Okay ? Thats all ?"


Then what are you expecting from me ?


"Jihae ?"


"Im still here"


"I love you" he said and I could feel my heart skip a beat. I shut my eyes tight and grab my hand into a fist as the tears threatend to fall again. "I love you too, Baekhyun.. so much" I said before I burst into tears and the next thing I knew is when Chanyeol pull me into his chest. The phone slipped from my hand and it fall to the floor. My trembling hands unconciously cupped my face as I ended up crying my heart out in his embraced.


"Shh, stop crying. He's coming back, isnt he ?" Chanyeol whisper as he pat my hair. 


I look up and he look straight to my eyes, "You wont leave me, do you ?" I ask and he smiles, "I told you I never leave a friend" he pat my head and pull me into his chest, "Now, cry your heart out. Baekhyun are going to beat me up if he find you crying later"


I nodded and hug him tighter, feeling the warmness of his body. "Thank you, Chan. I dont know what to do to pay for your kindness"


"Just stay happy with him, its more than enough to me"


How long has it been since the last time I feels so happy like this ? I faintly smiles in his embraced and he ruffles my hair as he let go. It doesnt matter when is it, what matter is what I have now. 

 

"I guess I make a right decision" Baekhyun mumbled as he smiled from the other line.

 

 

 


The next morning

 

"Chanyeol, what are you doing ?! Hey !" I screamed when he suddenly pick me bridal style. He just grinned with his infamous smile as he run to the living room with me in his hands. "Shht, trust me" he take out a kitten blindfold and tried to put it on me.


I take a step back and slapped his hands away, "Seri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter