Straight in the Eyes

The Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNGKOOK POV

 

I groaned, clutching my stomach as the pain from the punch hit me like a truck.  I heard Tae hiss in pain as he gingerly touched his now split lip.  Jin regarded us with a disdainful look before slipping upstairs, probably to his own room. 

 

The agonizing pain in my gut occupied half of my mind, while the other half was on Jimin.  He had looked absolutely furious.  In all the years I have known him, I have never seen him so angry.  It was also the first time he physically hurt me or Tae intentionally.

 

“Jungkook…” spoke a low voice that sent chills down my spine.  Taehyung.  Angry Taehyung.  I gulped before turning my head to face him.  His busted lip and forming bruise on his jaw made him all the more intimidating.  Not to mention he was emitting a dark aura, quite different from his usual self.

 

“Why…did you do that to him?”  My eyes widened as I was caught of guard.  No second punch?  No cussing out?  I scoffed, not wanting to back down,

 

“Same reason you did,” I retorted sharply.  He only frowned and looked down.

 

“And what might that be? Because, I honestly don’t know why I did it…” He looked back up, staring straight into my eyes.  This was the thing about Tae: he always looked people in the eyes.  I could never do that, nor have I met anyone else who could.  I’d glance at a person’s eyes for maybe a second before looking elsewhere.  It was one of the things that made him easy to talk to; it was like he knew exactly what you were feeling.  But it also made him on of the hardest people to talk to.

 

When he asked me that question, it made me think.  Why did I do it?  Because I wanted to, obviously.  But why did I want to?  I did a sharp intake of breath, as the pain in my gut returned as I shifted my body.  Ugh, this, I’ll sort out my thoughts later.  I stumbled out of the living room, leaving a quiet, confused Taehyung alone with an unanswered question and his thoughts.

 

YOONGI POV

 

As soon as I saw the slight smirk on Namjoon’s face after I jerked back from him, my suspicions were confirmed.  Everyone in that damn house nextdoor thought I was some toy they could use to amuse themselves.  They were all in on it.  They must think it’s sooo funny to see me all flustered after pulling one of their moves on me.  And for a while, it worked.  Until now.  I will no longer let them have the satisfaction of witnessing my uncool unswaggish reactions anymore.  So if that’s how they’re going to play, I can do the same.  While I was being ‘subtly molested’ by Namjoon and J-hope – I pretended not to have noticed that boy’s hand climbing up my thigh – I had quickly glanced out the window, only to see an annoyed(?) Jimin staring into my room from his.  I pretended I didn’t notice him as well while NamHope continued trying to squeeze information out of me.  Why?  Idk, they’re all in on this prank anyways, right?  But once I finally told them the answer to their question, they exchanged strange looks before stiffly getting up and leaving without a word.  Wow. 

 

After they left, I proceeded to plan revenge on my neighbors, starting with my first victim who was still staring through the window thinking I hadn’t noticed him.  I smirked mischieviously as an idea came to mind.  This is sure to turn that brat into a flustered mess by the time I’m done with him.

 

I leaned against the headboard once again, arranging my lower half in a suggestive position, legs spread apart, giving anyone looking from the window quite a view.  I grabbed my phone from the side table, ready to put my plan into action.

 

JIMIN POV

 

I slammed and locked the door, storming into my shared room (Juungkook’s not getting in any time soon) and plopping onto my desk which was situated right in front of the window, giving me a perfect view straight into Yoongi’s bedroom.  (And no, I do not sit and watch him change clothes, that’s sooooo erted. ehem)  I was seething.  I can’t believe it was Tae and Kookie!  I don’t even want to imagine the sides of Yoongi they got to witness while doing what they did, the thought makes me burn with jealousy. 

 

I stared into Yoongi’s room, only to get an eyeful of Namjoon-omfg if that gets any closer to him I’m-my blood boiled as I clenched my fists hard enough to imprint crescents into my palms.  Suddenly, Yoongi sprung back; apparently Hobi said something.  I was about to mentally thank him until I spotted his hand oh-so inconspicuously land on Yoongi’s thigh.  Get.Your.Hand.Off.  NOW. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter