Back to Class

The Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOONGI POV

 

“Good morning everyone! I’m Kim Kibum, your history teacher this year.  By the way, do not address me as ‘Mister’.  It makes me feel old. In order for you all to understand the seriousness of this rule, whoever calls me ‘Mr. Kim, Kibum’ or something of the sort, you will receive a detention. Call me Key.”

 

I had nearly been late to class, due to my earlier cough occupations cough.  As soon as I set foot into ‘Key’s’ room, I slid into the first empty desk I saw, which happened to be next to Daehyun.

 

“Hey Yoongi,”

 

“Hi,” I smiled

 

“Where were you for the last two periods? I saw you running out of first period, but I haven’t seen you after that.” He informed with a worried expression

 

“Oh, well  you see, uh…”  I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as I thought back to the events of earlier.  The thoughts weren’t helping the current semi-hardness down in my pants that I couldn’t do anything about at the moment…

 

“And what’s with the, uh…collar?” he asked, eyeing my neck getup.

 

“What?” I said, tugging the collar up, “I’m trying out a new style.”  New style? Seriously? If that’s the best thing I could come up with, I need some serious help.

 

“Yoongi, your lying skills are just as bad as they were two years ago,” he replied

 

I groaned inwardly.  Daehyun could always read me.  Even if I was an expert liar, he’d be able to tell I was lying.

 

“Okay class, since it’s the first day, we won’t really be learning much. Actually, we probably won’t be learning anything till next week.”

 

Key stood up and gestured around the classroom. 

 

“As you can see, the desks are arranged in pairs. The person next to you will be you partner for the rest of the year, if you don’t like the person sitting next to you…” he stared at us pointedly, “I don’t care, you’ll have to learn to like them.”

 

There were a few groans heard around the room.  I was perfectly comfortable working with Daehyun, the only problem was, the guy could practically read my mind.

 

“So, real quick everyone turn to page fifteen of your textbooks so I can give you and overview of the first unit-OH.MY.GOD. Hold up! Everyone turn back to page twelve immediately!”

 

There was a frantic tuning of pages as all the students quickly turned to page twelve.

 

“EW! Just look at that robe! It’s hideous! And with that mustache? It nearly reaches his stomach!” Key shrieked with a look of utter disgust

 

The class was dead silent for a few seconds.  Then everyone erupted in laughter.  Key had been referring to a picture of some old emperor or king from an Asian dynasty.

 

“Well,” chuckled Daehyun turning to me, “This is going to be an interesting school year.”

 

“No kidding,” That’s when I remembered, “What did we do in first period?”

 

“Well, the teacher never bothered to show up, so it was a free period.”

 

That’s one less detention I have to worry about.

 

“Okay younglings, so as I said earlier, your desk partner is permanent, if you have any problems…” Key eyed us playfully, “I’m giving you the rest of the class period to talk with and get to know your partner! You are not to get out of your seats,” He returned back to his desk and settled into it comfortably as if he was planning to observe us for the next half an hour or so.  Within seconds, the room was filled with voices.

 

“So,” Daehyun turned back to me, “Where were you for the past two periods?”

 

I sighed.  No matter what I say, this guy will see right through it.  And I wasn’t planning on telling the truth.  Yet again, I felt a blush rising to my face from the thoughts.

 

“You don’t plan on telling me, do you?” he smirked, eyeing my reddening face

 

My eyes were drawn to his lips.  They were so pink, and plump, and…kissable.  I shook my head.  What are you thinking Yoongi?  You broke up with him two years ago!  But those lips-

 

“What are you thinking right now Yoongi?” he interrupted my thoughts; smirk still present and a mischievious glint in his eyes.

 

This er.  He probably knows exactly what I’m thinking and wants to embarrass me by making me say it myself.  But nevertheless, my face flushed and I turned into a flustered mess for the nth time today.

 

“U-uh whaaaaat? I’m not thinking anyyyyything,” I replied smoothly.  //sarcasm

 

I blamed this whole mess on the war of hormones [see what I did there? ;)))] going on inside me that started way back at the infirmary.

 

“Hmm…you know if you want to kiss me, you can. I won’t be mad or anything if that’s what you’re worried about.”

 

My eyes widened.  What…?   Daehyun had always been a straightforward person, and I knew this.  But nothing prepared me for what he said next.

 

“You know Yoongi, I still love you. I actually never stopped loving you, even after we broke up. So there’s no way I could ever be mad at you.” He revealed

 

My breath caught in my throat.  “…” I laughed weakly,” You’re joking, right?”

 

His smile faltered for a fraction of a second and an uknown emotion flickered through his eyes.  But then, as if nothing happened, he laughed.  “Yeah, I’m joking. You’re just so fun to tease, I couldn’t resist,” he reached out and ruffled my hair

 

I felt slightly sad when he said he was joking.  I scolded myself inwardly; I have no right to feel like this since I was the one who ended our relationship.  I can’t be that selfish.

 

Daehyun’s face turned serious, “Have you noticed anything different about Zelo lately? Yesterday he came home and ever sonce then, he’s been kind of…closed of.”

 

Suddenly all my worries about the cute curly haired boy came rushing back.

 

“What happened? Is he alright?”

 

“I don’t know. We tried talking to him, but he just brushed us off. This morning he kind of avoided everyone and left for school before us. Do you know where he went yesterday?”

 

Wait, does this mean they know nothing of the whole family situation?

 

“I do…”

 

“Really?” A wave of relief washed over Daehyun’s face

 

“Yesterday we both found out th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter