Love? Forget it.

The Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N this is supposed to be Sunday, the day before school starts]

 

ZELO POV

 

 

Today is the day I get to meet my mom’s girlfriend.  They’ve been together for a while now, and Umma’s been happier than ever, but I still haven’t met her yet.  I’ll admit, I was surprised when she told me she was seeing a woman.  Umma had me with my father, who had died in a car accident when I was very young.  I don’t remember him much.  But, I’m glad she found someone after all these years, as long as she’s happy.

 

After I dropped Yoongi-hyung off at his house, I went to the skatepark to pass time before I had to go to Umma’s house.  While I was there, I ended up sorting through my thoughts on a bench instead of actually skating.

 

Min Yoongi.  The one person who has been plaguing my thoughts since the day I met him.  Everything about him is just so…asdfghjkl.  His smile, his voice, his personality, and the way his eyes crinkle up when he laughs; he’s just so perfect.  I remember when he ran into me (literally) about a week ago [week ago…].  How he carefully treated my injury and asked if I was okay.  But the things is, when I see him with other guys, like Daehyun-hyung and those so-called ‘neighbors’, I get extremely irritated.  There’s a voice at the back of my head screaming: “Get the away from my hyung!”  At first it was strange, as to why I was thinking like that.  I’m not a violent person, I don’t swear, and I try to avoid conflict as much as possible.  Then I realized it was jealousy. 

 

Jealousy is a nasty feeling, I’ve never really felt it before to this extent, but when it comes to Yoongi-hyung laughing, joking around with others, or getting all touchy-feely with them, I turn green with envy.  And those neighbors…they’re shameless!  Especially that evil dark-haired boy who said Yoongi-hyung was his boyfriend.  I don’t think Yoongi even bothered introducing him because that’s how unimportant he is…that’s what I like to believe…

 

I’ve never been in, what people call love.  In school, I remember groups of girls squealing over their love for some guy, and then the next day they’re all crying and comforting each other over a breakup.  I’m pretty sure that’s not how love is supposed to be.  Love is when you are dedicated to one person, and that dedication can’t be broken through simple petty acts, just like that.  I’ve been thinking about Yoongi-hyung nonstop for the past few days; in the morning when I wake up, throughout the day, before I go to bed, in my dreams [A/N dun get any ideas you y readers, bby Jello is a pure being]…Everything he says, or does makes me fall deeper for him, deeper in love.

 

[A/N god im bad at writing this kinda stuff]

 

I got to the house a few minutes late due to my prolonged thinking and realizing session at the park.  Umma did mention that her girlfriend had two kids older than me who I’d also be meeting today.  I hope we get along, after all, if things continue as they have; they’ll become my stepsiblings.  I’m an only child, and Umma did a great job raising me on her own, but I’ve always wanted siblings.  I’ve always thought it’d be so cool to have someone to share your stuff with as well as your problems. 

 

Soon enough I’d reached the front door and rang the doorbell.  All of a sudden, I felt really nervous.  What if she’s mean?  What if her kids don’t like me?  Relax, I told myself, everything’s going to be fine.  If Umma chose her, she must be a great person, as well as her kids, right?

 

When the door opened, I was met with Umma’s smiling face.

 

“Ah, Junhong you’re here!” her smile grew

 

“Hi Umma! Did they get here already?”

 

“Oh just a few minutes ago, you’re fine.  Come in,”

 

I stepped in and looked around.  I haven’t been here in a looong time, but the place hasn’t changed much.  It’s a big house, and it had only been Umma and I for a while, but now the atmosphere seems…warmer.  Umma motioned me towards the living room where voices could be heard.  I trailed slightly behind her and entered.  There was a pretty lady,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter