Misunderstandings

The Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOONGI POV

 

I woke up to the horrible screeching of my alarm clock at 6 am.  Last night, I set it to the most annoying tone at full volume, and put it on the table across the room.  That way, the only way to turn it off was to get out of bed, walk to the table and turn it off.

 

After getting up too fast, causing all the blood to rush to my head, I turned off the alarm and stumbled into the bathroom.

 

I glanced at my reflection in the mirror.  I looked like .  My hair was a mess, even if I tried to comb it, there’d be no difference.  I had dark circles under my eyes and a trail of dried drool crusted across my cheek.  Ew. 

 

Last night I couldn’t fall asleep because I was really worried about Zelo.  He was acting strange yesterday, a bit…closed off.  I have a feeling he was avoiding me.  Why?  I have no idea.  He didn’t answer any of my calls or texts either; I hope he’s okay.

  

I forced myself to push all thoughts of Zelo aside and set my focus on the matter at hand:  First day of school and I looked like the equivalent of a crushed dead cockroach in an abandoned parking lot.

 

After doing the morning routine, I looked somewhat better.  The only problem was that I’d have permanent bedhead for the rest of the day.

 

Just before leaving, I checked my schedule.  First period was Anatomy with Mr. Kim Jonghyun.  I’ve heard quite a few things about him from students who’ve had him.  They say he’s a great teacher and all, but he’s known to get really touchy-feely with everyone, especially he students.  In our school he is nicknamed the “Skinship King”.

 

As I was locking the door, getting ready to set off, I heard someone call from behind.

 

“Hey Yoongi-hyung! Walk to school with us!”

 

I stiffened.  Park Jimin.  The perfect start to the perfect day.  //sarcasm

 

I slowly turned around and was met with the six faces of my neighbors.  I put my keys away then made my way down the steps to the sidewalk.  I passed them wordlessly and continued down the street as if I hadn’t seen them.

 

To be honest, I don’t really mind them anymore.  MOST of the time.  The reason I ignored them just now was because I know I’m tired.  And when I’m tired, I have a really y attitude.  I figured I was being a good soul by peacefully walking past so none of them would have to fall victim to my mood.

 

Once I was a good distance ahead of them, I suddenly heard running footsteps behind me.  Uh-oh, Victim #1 brace yourself…

 

“Hyung! How come you’re ignoring us?” It was Jimin, looking very cute in his school uniform.  .  Why’d it have to be him?  Why couldn’t it have been Jungkook?  I feel bad that he’ll be the first one to witness y Min.

 

“I don’t want to talk to you, go away,” Okay, that didn’t sound too mean…

 

“But hyung-“

 

“Get the away from me.”  Aw .  That came out harsher than I expected.  I wasn’t even planning to say that, it just came out.

 

His face fell, I winced.  He stopped, but I kept walking.  I refused to turn around, if I made him cry, I’d never forgive myself.

 

“Yoongi-hyung…”

 

I stopped and turned around, cursing myself as I did so.  Jimin was looking at his feet, hair covering his eyes.  , I made him cry.

 

“Are you mad at me?” he looked up with the most heartbroken expression.  Why, oh why, do I have to have a soft spot for this stuff?  This morning’s exterior started to crumble away, and I walked back towards him.

 

“No, I’m not. I’m sorry if I sounded too harsh, I didn’t mean it.  It’s just that I’m not exactly having the best morning…”

 

Jimin still looked like a kicked puppy.  All I wanted to do was give him a big hug.

 

“Hyung, can I hug you?”

 

Wow.  Did he read my mind?

 

“Uh-“

 

He didn’t wait for an answer and wrapped his arms around me.

 

JIMIN POV

 

Yoongi has a soft spot for aegyo and like that.  I noticed.  I also noticed his mood as soon as he stepped out of his house this morning; I’m good at reading people.  When he walked past us, I waited a few seconds before shooting a look to Kookie and Tae and running after him with full confidence in my acting skills.

 

Soon enough I had Yoongi trapped in the perfect situation.  I could practically read his mind, so I did him a favor by asking him so he would have to ask me.

 

“Hyung, can I hug you?”

 

I kept working my magic and within a few seconds I was hugging him.  I felt Yoongi hesitantly wrap his arms around me and I smirked.  The rest of them caught up with us while I was in mid-hug with Yoongi.

 

Kookie and Tae gave me knowing looks and my smirk grew wider.  The three of us had known each other since toddlerhood [A/N I made a new word], Tae and I even longer, maybe diapers.  The three of us grew up together and know pretty much everything there is to know about each other.  There was nothing to hide, and we could practically read each other’s minds.

 

So when we first met our cute neighbor, while we were subtly (okay, not so subtly) checking him out, we reached a silent agreement.  Whoever gets him has to share.

 

Namjoon and Jin-hyungs were staring at us with an unreadable expression, and Hobi was full on glaring.  I stuck my tongue out at him and he scoffed.

 

I slowly let go of Yoongi and adopted the kicked puppy look again.

 

“Y-Come on, we’re gonna be late for school,” He said hurriedly and turned away to continue down the street.  But not fast enough for me to not notice the slightly pink tinge in his cheeks.

 

YOONGI POV

 

Once Jimin let go, I quickly turned around before my face could betray me by blushing.

 

I kept a few yards ahead of them and continued to school.  Within a few minutes, I had reached the front gates.  Students were bustling around campus, teachers in a hurry, everyone was doing something.  I snuck away from the neighbor groupby blending in with the crowd.  I asked some random teacher running with a stack of papers the directions to Mr. Kim Jonghyun’s classroom.

 

Soon enough, I found the room, the teacher hadn’t arrived yet but there were several students who had arrived and claimed their desks.  I chose one near the back of the room, by the window, it was perfect for sleeping.

 

I settled into my desk, planning to catch some sleep since clas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter