The Park

The Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOONGI POV

We spent the next hour catching up with each other and filling Zelo in on my relationship with his hyungs.  I learned that the rest of the guys were all sent to different schools, but the schools were located in the same area, so they all happened to meet each other on the bus.  That’s also where they met Zelo.  They decided to live together, and Zelo later joined them for family reasons.

 

I told them I recently moved into a new house alone, and they immediately offered to come live with them.  I declined, even after a lot of begging from the maknaes.  I didn’t tell them about my neighbors, because, no one needs to know about them.

 

Yongguk and Himchan-hyungs graduated highschool.  The other 3 will be attending my school along with Zelo.  Jongup in his second year, Youngjae in his third, and Daehyun in his fourth along with me. 

 

We all exchanged numbers, then Yongguk suggested we go out somewhere.

 

“Oh there’s this really nice park not far from here! It has a basketball court and skate rink and everything!” exclaimed Zelo

 

“We can go there, you okay with that Yoongi?” asked Yongguk

 

“Sounds good,”

 

Just then I got a call from another uknown number.  This might be the one of the neighbors again…  I picked up,

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey hyung~”

 

It was the voice of a certain Jeon Jungkook.  I was right.

 

“What do you want?”

 

Everyone looked at me curiously.

 

“Do you really wanna know hyung?”

 

“You’re right, I don’t,”

 

“I’ll tell you anyway, I want you,”

 

I could feel my face flush, just as it did this morning with Jimin.  “If you don’t have anything to say I’m going to hang up,”

 

“Didn’t you hear what I have so say? I overheard Jimin talking to you this morning, and I’m not gonna lie, I felt quite jealous…”

 

“…That’s not my problem, you brat.  I’m hanging up now,”

 

I ended the call before he could say anything.

 

“Who was that?” asked Daehyun

 

“Uhh…my…cousin,”

 

They gave me questioning looks, but soon brushed it off and we made our way to the park.

 

 

Zelo was right, it was a really nice park.  There was a basketball court, a tennis court and a skate rink.  There was also a playground but there weren’t any kids at this time of day.

 

The basketball court was occupied by a group of guys, one of them missed a shot and the ball rolled towards us.

 

“Hey! Can one of you pass that back over here!”

 

I picked up the ball and threw it back to the guy. 

 

“Hey Yoongi-hyung, wanna see me skate?” asked Zelo

 

“Sure,” I thought back to the day we met, when I crashed into him on his skateboard.

 

“Come on, the skatepark’s this way,”

 

While we were walking to the park, Zelo had been on his skateboard.

 

At the rink, Zelo immediately sped off on his board.  He entered this large bowl-like thing and started skating inside it.  He was really good.  Others on the side gathered to watch him.  I felt extremely proud, he’s like my little brother.

 

After a few minutes he stopped, when that happened everyone around the rink clapped.  He smiled bashfully before speeding towards us.

 

“How was I?” he asked

 

“You were great!” I exclaimed, “Where did you learn to skate like that?”

 

“Practice!”

 

“Aigoo, our little maknae trying to impress the Almighty Yoongi,” cooed Himchan while ruffling Zelo’s hair

 

“Don’t mess up my hair!” he frowned while pushing his hyung’s hand away

 

“Haha, Zelo-ah you’re so cute,” I laughed

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter