All Over Again

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loud banging caused me to bolt upright with a start. It was silent in the dark. Perhaps I'd imagined it. Then the banging erupted at my door, making me jump. My heart beat in panic. 

My room was so black, I couldn't even see the door, I blinked but still couldn't focus on a thing. I remained frozen in my bed. 

A frantic voice yelled from the other side. It sounded like a child, a little girl. I fumbled with my blankets at the sound of her panicked voice. I stepped into the dark and felt the cool boards beneath my feet. 

I couldn't make out what she was saying. Her pounding blocked out her words. I thought she was saying, 'Get me out.' She sounded so desperate. I needed to get to her. 

I blindly searched for the door, my hands reaching out in front of me. I felt the hard surface with my fingertips. The wood shook violently beneath my hands as her small fists slammed agaisnt it. That's when I heard her scream, 'Get out!'

I gasped. My eyes shot open. The television was on, and I was lying on the couch. My heart pounded in my chest. The fear in her voice still reverberated in my head. I sat up with my hands shaking. 

I eyed the stairs, considering going to bed, but knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. I picked up the remote and started flipping through the channels, though her plea still echoed through my head, sending a chill throughout my body. I warpped the blanket around me tighter. 

I picked up my phone, not really th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter