Waiting For Friday

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I kept Haeun and EunJi in between Analise and me during Sehun's game. But it was hard to ignore her gleeful yelps whenever he blocked a shot or rebounded the ball. EunJi cocked her head towards Analise after a particularly enthusiastic round of cheering. She looked to me, about to say something, but I shook my head with a roll of my eyes. EunJi laughed, reading my thoughts without a word. 

'Are you coming with us for pizza?' Analise asked me as we made our way down the bleachers. 

'I have to practice,' I told her, not thrilled that she was part of the 'we' Sehun had mentioned. 

'Don't worry, I'll be there,' EunJi gushed, her smile little too focused. 

'Oh,' Analise replied, her joy faltering slightly, 'great.'

EunJi turned to me behind Analise's back with a wide mimicking smile. 'Great.'

I laughed and swatted her arm. 'Don't be mean.'

'Yeah, you're right.' She groaned like it was difficult. 'I'll be nice, I promise.'

EunJi was the easiest person in the world to get along with, and most people loved her instantly. But if she didn't like you.... she could be vicious. She and I both knew that there was nothing particularly unlikable about Analise, but for some reason, we both found ourselves not exactly fond of her. I was actually kind of relieved that I wasn't the only one to harbour these inexplicable feelings towards the spritely girl who was eternally smiling. 

'Sehun, you were amazing,' Analise prais

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter