Social Life

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I was walking into school alongside with Sehun and EunJi, my mother texted me. Going out with him again tonight! So excited! I couldn't help but laugh. 

'What's so funny?' Sehun asked. 

'My mother's dating,' I explained with a shake of my head, 'and she's more nervously excited about it than most girls at our school.'

Sehun raised his eyebrows. 'That's got to be interesting.'

'You have no idea,' I responded, rolling my eyes.

'She has more of a social life than I do,' EunJi added, having heard my spiels about my mother's late nights and the sleepovers she'd hosted.

'Does she go out a lot?' Sehun asked, not knowing any of it. I shot EunJi a wide-eyed glance. 

'Sometimes,' I replied casually.

When Sehun was out of earshot, 'EunJi stated, 'I didn't know you hadn't told him about how much your mother goes out.'

'I was afraid of how it would sound to him,' I explained. 

'Who cares,' EunJi countered. 'It's not like it's you who's bringing home strange men.'

'Yeah,' I explained, 'but I don't want him worrying about me being in the same house as the strange men.'

EunJi nodded, understanding how that would rouse Sehun's protective side. 

'Besides,' I continued, 'she really seems to like this guy. So maybe the string of one-nighters is over.'

'SooJi-ah, you never saw the guys. Maybe it was the same guy each night.' 

I flipped my eyes towards her and shook my head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter