No Such Thing As 'Normal'

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we returned to Sehun's car after dinner, I said, 'Do you want to go back to my house to watch a movie? I'm pretty sure my mother and Chanyeol will be out.'

'That sounds perfect,' Sehun replied. 

We stopped at a movie rental maching on our way, and arrived to a dark house as I'd anticipated. Not bothering to change, I just ook off my shoes and settled in under Sehun's arm. We kept the lights off. The action movie cast a flickering light in the dark room. 

Halfway through, we heard a car door shut in the driveway. I glanced at Sehun in surprise. 'They're back early.' 

That's when we heard the yelling. I tensed at the sound of my mother's elevated voice, not wanting Sehun to see her like this. I could hear Chanyeol calling after her. 

She rushed through the door. 'Then explain it. Go ahead, I want to hear it.' She held something in her hand. Sehun pulled me closer as my entire body went rigid. 'How the did her sweater get in your truck?'

Chanyeol stepped in and looked from my mother to us sitting on the couch. That's when it hit me. She was holding the sweater I was certain I'd left at Kai's. 'I thought it was yours,' he said in a low voice, shifting his eyes between me and my mother 

My mother turned towards me, realizing we were watching the entire scene. Her jaw was tight and her eyes enlarged, symptomatic of a full-out fit. I had a split second to evaluate her. If she was drunk, everything was about to explode. 

She shook the green sweater at me. 'I thought you said you left it at your ing ex-boyfriend's.' It wasn't a question. It was an accusation. 

I couldn't move. I had no idea what to say. I could feel Sehun looking at me, waiting for me to answer. Chanyeol kept his eyes on me as well, attempting o silently apologize. I was still trying to make sense of what was happening and how he could possibly have my sweater. 

'I know there's something going on,' my mother glared at us accusingly. 'I'm not stupid.' When we could only stare at her speechlessly, she screamed. 'You can all go to hell!' stomping up the stairs and slamming her door so hard I don't doubt it cracked. 

'I'm really sorry,' Chanyeol said. 'We had... we had a bad night, so she's not thinking clearly.'

My chest caved. He'd told her. He had to have told her he was leaving, and that was why she was so upset. It didn't explain the sweater, but it explained enough. Chanyeol disappeared into the kitchen.

'Do you want to go?' Sehun asked in my ear. I nodded. We stood and I slipped on my shoes while Sehun retrieved our jackets. He held my hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter