Fireworks

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun pulled me to my feet and met me with a kiss that set off a thousand fireworks through my entire body. Wait. Those were fireworks. I turned to witness a sprinkling of red sparks in the sky. We stepped out from under the terrace to watch the brilliant spectacle. 

'Happy New Year,' Sehun said into my ear, pulling me around to kiss me before I could say the same.

It was the most dazzling fireworks display I'd ever seen; I could feel my heart beating in my chest with each explosion. The sparks felt like they were going to sprinkle down upon us. Every so often, I'd glance up at Sehun to find him watching me adoringly. Then he'd redirect his attention towards the fire in the sky.

When it was over, my toes were numb from standing in the snow and I was shivering. The fireworks had been so mesmerizing, I hadn't registered that the temperature had dropped until now.

'Let's get going,' Sehun said, rubbing my arms when he noticed me shaking. 'You're about to freeze into a lawn ornament.' I followed him to the terrace where the fire had become a heap of glowing embers. Sehun walked to the side of the house and returned with a couple of gallons of water to douse the remaining heat in the fireplace. I packed up Sehun's package and speaker system when he put the fire out.

When we neared the front of the house, Sehun's black BMW was idling in the driveway.

'The limo driver?'

'Is awesome,' Sehun declared in pleasure. When we ducked into the warm car, I pulled off my gloves and thawed my hands in front of the blowing heater vent. 'Now where?'

'Hotel?' I suggested, trying to sound nonchalant.

Sehun grinned knowingly. 'Mine or yours?'

The question suddenly mad my think of EunJi. I wondered how her night had gone, and where she and Luhan were right now.

'Where do you think they are?'  Sehun asked, as if reading my mind.

'You don't think they.....' I questioned.

'He was excited to see her again,' he said with a shrug, 'and she looked incredible tonight....'

'I know, right?!' I agreed emphatically. 'But you don't think they would... do you?'

Sehun shrugged again. 'Let's just pick a room and hope it's empty.' He leaned over and found me waiting. What started as a soft kiss pressed into a more urgent one, coated with want. The nervousness that shot through me at the thought of going to the hotel room was quickly replaced with a need to get there as fast as we could.

Sehun pulled back, breathing heavily, 'Yours.' He buckled his seat belt and put the car in gear, speeding out of the driveway. That's when we met the line of slow-moving limos pulling out of the mansion's driveway and were practically forced to stop. 'No way,' Sehun groaned, banging his head against his headrest in frustration. I laughed.

While we patiently waited to move more than twenty feet a minute, Sehun stated, 'I think this is going to be a great year, SooJi-ah.'

'I hope so,' I squeezed his hand that rested on my lap and thought, It can't be any worse than last ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter