Social Life

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we arrived at the concert, there was a long line on the sidewalk. We walked to the back, awaiting entry with everyone else. Sehun stood behind me, wrapping his arms around me to help keep me warm while we waited. I hadn't noticed the cold, too distracted by the anticipation. We continued to shuffle forward until we finally reached the guys in the bright yellow jackets checking IDs. We recieved large black 'X's on the back of our right hands, branding us underage. After they'd scanned our tickets and we'd been frisked by blue-gloved hands, we were finally released into the rolling energy of the venue. 

Sehun held my hand tightly, steering us through the crowd. I let the bottled-up excitement seep in, accepting it with a grin on my face. Sehun looked back and smiled when his eyes connected with mine. I knew he'd been concerned about how I'd react to being engulfed by so many people.

This was different. These people didn't know who I was, nor did they care. We were instantly bonded by the music blaring on the stage as the opening act continued its set. They were pretty good, although I'd never heard of them before. A group leaning against the metal barriers along the front seemed to know exactly who they were as they rocked their head and hollered out the lyrics.

We excused our way to the front, continuing along the perimeter and stopping at the steps that descended into the pit. Those standing directly in front of the large stage were already sweating.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter