All Better

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Looks like you'll get to watch the game after all,' I noted after Chanyeol returned from the pharmacy. 'Where are you going?'

Chanyeol hesitated. 'Actually. I told Hyun-a I'd stay here with her.'

'I'm not going anywhere,' I offered. 'I can take care of her if you want to do something else.'

'I'd rather stay here, if that's okay.'

'Sure,' I answered in surprise.

'Where are Sehun and EunJi?'

'Sehun's visiting his broher, and.... I don't know what EunJi's up to.'

Chanyeol looked over at me, hearing the change in my tone upon mentioning EunJi. He didn't ask; he just nodded.

I offered to pick up football food while Chanyeol tended to my mother. Especially since we were running low on... everything. I'd pretty much assumed the role of grocery shopper in the house. My mother would shop when she wanted to prepare a specific meal, but with our conflicting schedules, that wasn't very often.

I didn't mind too much. She'd leave me a twenty and a small list of things she needed. The list was actually more than twenty dollars, but whatever. I covered the rest with the money that was deposited into my account each month. Money I hadn't had access to for years, but was now in my total control.

I'd gotten to know the aisles well enough to get in and out of the store quickly. Except for today - it was insane.

'I think every person in three towns was at the grocery store today,' I complained to Chanyeol,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter