Social Life

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'SO, I JUST STARTED DATING THIS GUY,' MY mother blurted one morning while I was buttering toast. I paused before turning around, not prepared for the confession - especially after all the guys she'd hidden in the past month since my 'breakfast' with Jae-Hwa. 

I took a breath and turned to face her. 'Really?' I tried to remember the last time I'd heard a visitor and narrowed it down to about a week or week and a half ago.

'Except -' she hesitated with a breath - 'he's younger. A lot younger, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.' She appeared troubled, clearly looking to me for advice.

'How old is he?' I asked, attempting to fill the role. 

'Twenty-eight,' she grimaced, waiting for me to pass judgement. I didn't react. He was older than I'd expected, to be honest. 

'How old was Jae-Hwa?' I asked, without thinking.

Her face changed to a hue of red. 'He was.... young, but I had no interest in dating him.'

'Right,' I nodded, flushing uncomfortably. 'So, do you like him?'

'Yes,' she answered, her eyes lighting up. 'He's so nice, and smart, and amazingly hot and confident,' she gushed, 'but... he's so young, SooJi. I have no idea what I'm doing.'

'Who cars,' I offered with a shrug, taking on my role with a little more gusto. 'You obviously like him, and if the age difference doesn't bother him, then... date him. I mean, is it serious?'

'Not really,' she admitted. 'Not yet, anyway. We've only been on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter