Social Life

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sweat had barely dried from my skin, and my tank top and hair were still damp from the exertion when I ran into the house, slamming the door behind me and flying up the stairs. Of all the nights for Coach to torture us with sprints. It's not like we lost in that much in yesterday afternoon's game.

I glanced at the clock as I pulled jeans from the closet and a long-sleeved shirt from the dresser,tossing them on the bed. I had twenty minutes to get ready. From the quiet, I could tell I was alone in the house. She was probably on her date.

I kicked off my sneakers and tore off my socks, then pulled my shirt over my head and dropped my shorts somewhere along the way to the bathroom. My urgency didn't help cool my skin. I the shower and made myself calm down long enough to wash - and hopefully stop sweating. 

Wrapped in a towel, I scampered out of the bathroom towards my room, and I heard the front door open. . I hadn't been fast enough.

'I'll be right....' I started to holler, peering down the stairs. At the same time, the guy at the bottom hollered, 'Hyu-'

We both froze and stared at each other. Neither of us had anticipated seeing the other - especially me in just a towel. It didn't seem to faze him that I was standing in front of him half . 

'Woah,' he exclaimed in surprise. 'You're not Hyun-a.'

'Uh, she's not home,' I answered, but he'd probably already figured that out. I remained still. My ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter