Freaked

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I called sehun as soon as I got into my car after practice. He didn't answer. I was wrecked with worry by the time I got home, my stomach twisted into knots. 

'Maybe he's really sick,' EunJi consoled me when I called.

'Maybe,' I agreed, but I didn't really believe it. 

'Don't start overthinking like you do.'

'I won't,' I assured her, but I'd already gone there - replaying everything he and I had said throughout the entire day. I still couldn't figure out what whould've caused him to leave school so suddenly. Something must have happened in those few minutes I was away from him in the Art room. Maybe he got a text that I didn't see? Whatever it was, it was sudden, and he wasn't sharing. 

'We'll see if he's in school tomorrow. Text me if your brain hijacks you and you need to vent.'

After I'd hung up, I pulled my books from my bag. I needed to distract myself, and I was hoping homework would help. 

I was interrupted from the miserable depths of Political Theory by a knock at my door. Before I could respond, my mother stuck her head in.

'Hi,' she said, opening the door wider upon seeing me on my bed. 'I wanted to see if Sehun would like to come to dinner tomorrow night. I thought he might be up here with you.'

I'd opened my mouth to answer when she picked up the textbook EunJi had given to me that was peeking out of my backpack. I scrunched my face when she read the title out loud. 

'What's this?'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter