Just Not Right

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at the ceiling, waiting for the sun to make its appearance, listening to the wind screech against my windows and finally succuming to the realization that sleep had evaded me once again. I pulled the covers up to my chin, wishing I were in Seoul, not stuck in this never-ending winter and this ice box called a house.

I finally threw the covers off, resigned to starting the day, despite the lack of sun. I slid on a pair of socks and rifled through my drawers, pulling out clothes for the day before dragging my feet towards the bathroom. I paused outside my door when I noticed the kitchen light was on, creating a soft glow in the dark foyer. The coffee maker gurgled, and the robust aroma drifted up the stairs.

Chanyeol emerged from the kitchen with his hair wet and brushed back, creating smooth dark waves. He was dressed in a shirt and tie. His professional attire made him appear older. This mature look made me grin. He looked so.... grown up in a GQ sort of way. Chanyeol stopped abruptly when he spotted me, startled.

'Sorry,' I said. My cheeks flushed with colour at being caught watching him.

He held his finger to his mouth and pointed to my mother's door. 'She's still sleeping.' I nodded in understanding. 'Did I wake you?'

'No,' I whispered in reply.

He continued to the closet to remove his jacket and set the strap of his computer bag over his shoulder. He raised his hand in a wave before slipping out the front door. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter