Boundaries

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'FEELING ANY BETTER?' EUNJI ASKED AT breakfast the next morning. Her parents had already left for work, so it was just the two of us. 

I shook my head, still haunted by the compromising position I'd caught my mother and Chanyeol in the night before. 

'I don't know how I'm ever going to look at either of them again,' I groaned. EunJi laughed, overly amused by my trauma. 'EunJi, I saw his , his   - on top of my mother! I may seriously need to go back to therapy after seeing that.' I flopped my head onto my folded arms. 

'I bet he has an amazing ,' EunJi mused dreamily, the smile consuming her entire face. 

I peered up at her, appalled, with my cheeks scarlet. My reaction only made her laugh harder. 

'I don't think I've laughed this hard since you tripped in front of those college guys back then.' EunJi held her stomach. 

'You love seeing me tortured and humiliated,' I sulked. 'Great friend you are!' 

'Stop,' EunJi chuckled, unable to hide her smile. 'It is funny, really.' 

'Walking in on my mother and her boyfriend, sure, it may be horrifyingly hysterical. But he was supposed to break up with her. This is so not good.'

'They made up,' EunJi offered with a shrug. 'Couples fight and make up all the time. What's the big deal?'

'He's leaving to go to school at Seoul,' I explained. 'My mother's in love with him.'

'Does she know?'

'Yes,' I told her, 'but she wants to be wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter