Fireworks

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EVAN LED ME DOWN THE LONG DRIVEWAY lined with limousines and town cars. We approached the parking lot, and I recognized Sehun's BMW.

'When did your car get here?' I asked suspiciously.

'I drove it here earlier,' he shared with a crooked grin. That's when I realized this was part of his plan, the surprise he'd mentioned when we left the hotel.

He opened the passenger-side door and pulled out a backpack. He ped it and handed me a pair of sneakers. I eyed him apprehensively, recognising the shoes that were supposed to be at EunJi's - which meant EunJi was in on this too. 

'I figured they would be more comfortable than the heels,' he explained, tossing his black dress shoes on the floor of the car, along with his tux jacket and tie, and lacing up a pair of sneakers. I sat on the passenger seat, switching my shoes.

I had tried to figure out his plans in the past with little success, so I'd learned just to go along with them without too many questions - unless he walked us to the edge of a cliff and asked me to jump. Then I would have something to say.

Sehun found my hand again, and we continued towards the cobblestoned street lined with lanterns. My shoulder brushed against him as we walked with the crisp air swirling around us. They sky was clear, allowing the full moon to follow us like a spotlight.

We hadn't walked very far when Sehun pulled me between to hedges that lined the bordering property.

'Sehun, where are we going?' I demanded in a panic, fearing we were trespassing and about to get caught. 

'They're not home,' he assured me, our feet crunching in the glisten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter