CHAPTER 23

LOVE IN VAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 23

When Eunjung, Jiyeon and Gyuri went out the police station, Eunjung told Gyuri to leave first because she wanted to talk with Jiyeon.

- Why? You want to talk with her but you don't want me to know. Are you two that close?

- Gyuri ah, don't be like that, just leave first, my mom was in the hospital now. Please, take care of her for me._ Eunjung tried to persuade her friend. She also curious that Jiyeon just left her mother and went here like that, but she thought that Jiyeon had noo responsibility in taking care of her mother, so she wouldn't say anything.

- That girl is really...! Ok, I do this because of my aunt not you, got it?

- Yes, I know.

In the other hand, Jiyeon was talking with Seung Ho.

- Thanks a lot for calling me.

- Nothing, but can I ask you this question?

- Of course.

- Why do you care about this girl so much? I mean that how can you meet this girl, you nevaer go to bar.

- I've gone in bar once with my colleages. I know that you worry about me because she was in jail three years ago, but I'm sure she's a good girl._ Jiyeon felt uneasy when Seung Ho asked her a question like that, even she knew that he just cared about her.

- Ok, I got that.

Suddenly, Eunjung approched them.

- Jiyeon shi! Can we talk?_ Jiyeon nodded to the other.

- Seung Ho, I leave first, good bye.

In a cafe

- Ah, don't worry about your mom, I had my friend there stay with her._ Jiyeon didn't want the other to worry about that._ By the way where's Gyuri shi?

- She went first. Thanks for taking care of my mother. Now, I think I shoud go straight to the point. I know It's rude if I say this but I think we should make this clear._ Eunjung's firm and coild voice made Jiyeon feel nervous. Jiyeon had never felt like this way before because she was a prosecutor, it meant she was used to making other nervous. Even though, she had much pressure in the court but not like this way.

- Why do you help me? In the other words, what do you want from me?_ Eunjung didn't want ask these question, but this was her instinct to defend and protect herself from being hurt. As a child, she was taught that "Don't trust anyone but yourself:, but there were 2 people that she trusted besides her that was her mother and Gyuri. About Jiyeon, she wanted to trust this girl, but she didn't want to be  blind and got hurt later. Eunjung did know that many people wanted to get close to to make use of her. They wanted money, fame, and se knew this girl didn't need that. The only reason she douted about this girl was whether she approached her to solve a case, because her father was a gangster, so she couldn't eliminate that thinking.

As for Jiyeon, after hearing that question, she felt disappointed and "hurt". She even didn't know why she had that feeling. However, she held back that feeling, she knew she had to make it clear today.

- We're friends, remember? I know you doubt about me, but I just want to help as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter