CHAPTER 44

LOVE IN VAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 44

Qri’s room

-Do you really want to know? _ Qri looked at Hyomin to confirm that the other really wanted to know the story behind.

- Of course. _ Hyomin showed that she was ready to share by holding the elder’s hand.

- You know that I don’t have any certificate, right? _ Hyomin said nothing but nod her head._ But I used to work as a painter for a famous company.

-Really? _ Hyomin got surprised because of this fact.

-At first, I thought I was so lucky that I could get a job without certificate, but I was wrong. My mother helped me that time.

-I guess your mother realizes your talent. Therefore, she wanted to give you a hand. _ Hyomin comforted Qri. She could feel the elder girl was miserable about her past.

-I want to live by myself, so I quit that job. After that, like you know, I just work some random jobs like this. _ Qri smiled bitterly. Suddenly, she felt something on her shoulder. Hyomin was leaning on her.

-I know you have to suffer a lot, but if you want you can share with me at anytime. I don’t know why you make distance with your parents, but I’m here for you to share everything. I don’t promise to remove your pain, but I can ease it. _ Qri’s tears slowly fell down. The younger hurriedly hugged the older.

-Cry, cry all of your pain. _ Hyomin just let Qri cry her heart out. She hugged the older tightest than ever.

Little did they know, Mrs. Lee heard parts of their story. She silently cried, and tried hard not to make any noise. Then, she went back to her room.

Back to the girls, after crying hard, Qri looked at Hyomin.

-Do you want to hear the rest of the story?

-I think it's enough for today. _ Hyomin couldn’t stand seeing the older cry like that._ Now, let’s take a sleep.

-You’re so cute, you know? _ Qri pecked on Hyomin’s cheek.

-I’m not your child. _ Hyomin slightly complained.

-Ok, if you said so, I’ll tell you the rest next time. _ Qri didn’t want to make Hyomin feel bad.

-Uhm. Then can I ask you a request? _ Hyomin carefully asked.

-Go ahead.

-Can you draw a painting for me? _ Qri didn’t show any reaction, which made Hyomin think she made a wrong move._ I’m sorry, if you don’t like… _ Her words were stopped by Qri’s lips.

-Of course, I would love to draw for you, but I’m not sure that I can draw well like before. It’s been a while.

-It’s totally ok about that. I’m glad that you agree to draw for me._ Qri just smiled how silly her girlfriend was.

-But I want you to evaluate it like a professor. I want to know about my drawing level. _ Qri had just made her own decision. Because of her love toward Hyomin, she had to put her pride down this time.

-Don’t be so serious, but if you said so. I will do it without any other feeling. _ Hyomin was so eager to see the other’s drawing skills._ Now, let’s do it.

-Slow down, my girl. I promise I will draw for you. but not now, ok?

-Wae? _ Hyomin didn’t get the reason. Her facial expression made Qri want giggle.

-Aren’t you hungry? _ Hyomin forgot that they didn’t have anything for their lunch. She was so worried, and now so eager to feel how hungry she was.

-A few second ago, I didn’t feel anything, but when you mention it, I feel so hungry. Let’s go out and have lunch_ Qri smiled at the younger.

-This is my house. _ Qri stopped Hyomin from going out the room.

-So …?

-I’ll cook lunch for us. Just wait here.

-But I want to follow you. I can help.

-Stay here and have some rest. You are not easy to sleep like me.

-But…_ Qri knew Hyomin really well, but Hyomin wanted to help the other

-No but, listen to me. _ Finally, Hyomin had to give up.

Hospital

-Boram unnie, where is Soyeon unnie? _ Eunjung asked while she was looking for someone.

-Why do you ask? _ Boram was too innocent to realize the implication behind EUnjung’s questions. Then, she felt something wrong._ Ah, you want to ask about Jiyeon, right?

Eunjung’s face became red. She didn’t know she was easy to get teased when it came to Jiyeon.

-Silent means what I said is correct. _ Boram knew the younger well, so she just smiled at the other. _ I don’t know either, but Jiyeon and my girlfriend went out with their mother.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter