My new Family

Was it really fate, or just a plain mistake?

I started to calm down. I hated crying, but once I started, I couldn't stop. I was an emotional mess. I was weak and I hated it. I wiped my tears away.

 "Miinah, please tell us. What happened in your past?" Sungjong Oppa asked. I hated when people tried to get into my business, too. At least let me calm down. But he was right. There was no way I was getting out of this mess. I had to tell them. They needed to know. Minhee knew most of the story. I got up and went straight to the bathroom to wash my face. I took some deep breaths and reminded myself that they were my family now. CEO Appa still refused to make eye contact with him. I walked towards him and sat down next to him. He seemed shocked. I took his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I took a deep breath and felt him squeeze my hand back.

"Where do I start?" My voice was still unsteady. My eyes went to Minhee. She knew my story pretty well.

"From the beginning." She said. That didn't help much. I didn't know where the beginning was. My whole story was ridiculous anyway. I took another deep breath.

"The beginning? I don't know where that is." I said. There was tension in the air.

"Why don't you like your family? Start there." Hoya Oppa said. There were so many answers to that. My deep breaths didn't seem to help calm me down, but I still took one anyway.

"Well, that's the whole story." I said with a bit of a sarcastic chuckle. But it was a bit of a way to start in a way.

"My family was unsupportive. The judged me on everything I always did and they hated that I was different. They expected me to be like my brother and sister. They wanted me to have my brother's smarts and my sister's good looks. Neither came to me as I grew up. My liking for K-Pop didn't help either. That just made me even more different. We lived in New York. They expected me to listen to songs in English, which I did for a majority of my life and I still do, just not as often. It was hard. Their expectations weren't met so I was an outcast. Every time I did something good my brother or sister did something better in my parents eyes. It was impossible for me to be myself in front of them." I stopped talking. I felt the tears well up in my eyes. I remembered all the times these events took place. Too many to count, but I remember each of them so clearly, almost too clearly. There was silence in the air.

"My story isn't the worst story out there. I know that. There are children who don't have either of their parents or they don't have siblings. I don't have a tear jerking story like that, but my story scarred me for the rest of my life." I said. I knew it was true. My story would be nothing compared to some other people's.

"Why would you even think that?" Dongwoo Oppa said. I looked up at him in shock. Everyone else did too.

"You had to go through harder things than some people, yet I see you with a smile everyday. You say you're story isn't heart breaking, but seeing you in any sort of pain is. If it brings you pain, it is tear jerking." Dongwoo said. His eyes were locked to me. I closed my eyes to restrict myself from crying. 

"Miinah, you're one of the bravest people I've met." L Oppa said. I could tell it was him even with my eyes closed.

"You wear a bright smile everyday, no matter how hard each day is for you." His voice was strong and soft at the same time. CEO Appa squeezed my hand to let me know he agreed. The tears started flowing again. Except this time they were a bit happier. They were a bit more hopeful. CEO Appa pulled me into a hug.

"It's time to rewrite you're story now Miinah, with us. Its time to start anew and become a new person. That dark cloud of the past has vanished. Your present and future will be in good hands with us. It's time to start again." CEO Appa said giving me hope. I smiled in his embrace. He was right. The past is gone and it won't come back anymore. I won't let the past rule me. My present is with Infinite Oppas, Minhee and CEO Appa. They're my new family.