A Boy's Heart

Seoul Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNGKOOK

"The girls have suffered minor injuries from the car accident and are recovering in their dorm. We will be stopping promotions temporarily to prioritise the Seulgi and Yeri's health first. Thank You."

Jungkook rolls his eyes as he reads the article on his phone. "I call this bull." He says, closing the webpage and leaning back in his sofa. "Your language!" Jimin yells, throwing a cushion at him. "I'm adult now!" Jungkook protests, about to throw the cushion back at the guy. The '97 line maknae indeed became adult in 2016, turning 20 korean age. "Still the maknae." Jimin shuts him up, getting up from the sofa to go to his room to take a call. "Hyung!" Jungkook whines but Jimin ignores him, already talking on the phone.

Fine.

Jungkook looks up at the ceiling. "Minor injuries my ." Jungkook mumbles underneath his breath. He knows that Seulgi is pretty much okay but is fully aware that Yeri isn't and is in fact hospitalised - not in her dorm recovering like what SM had said. How does he know? Let's just say he has his ways. His friend's brother's girlfriend's friend works in SM. It's some administrative work but that's not the point? The point is she's hospitalised. And he really really wants to see her. But the thing is - he isn't even friends with her.

He's just this pathetic diehard oh-save-me-please fanboy who might have a teeny weeny small crush on her.

Okay, maybe not teeny weeny small. It's pretty bad.

He gets tongue-tied the moment she's somewhere near him. Like sure, he generally doesn't know how to face girls properly but boy is he crying and dying when it comes to the cold resting face maknae of Red Velvet - Kim Dammit Yerim.

Why the heck is she not giving a damn about him? Like hello? He was literally standing there, hands together, head slightly bowed shyly, sweating nervously, heart running at least 10 marathons, gulping, stealing small glances at her as she walks in his direction wearing a large black oversized tee and dark blue ripped jeans (with her signature pastel pink blanket in her hands). And she just walked past him. Like whoosh goodbye. She didn't even glance up at him. And he's Jeon Jungkook!

Jungkook questions himself repeatedly. Why on earth do I like this person? He doesn't feel confident around her. He feels like a small lost child and not the charismatic y member of BTS. Heck he even has her number. Has her number and yet never called or texted her. He got it by begging and begging but when he finally got it, he starts to hyperventilate just by staring at the contact saved in his phone.

So maybe it's not a teeny weeny small crush. It's probably like a mega-gigantic-enormous-huge-large-great-massive-epic crush on her. Bless your little heart, Jungkook.

He finds himself staring at the contact saved in his phone again. The contact was saved as 💜 because the poor boy couldn't even type her stage name out without sweating and trembling. He sighs. "Screw it." He mumbles and taps on the number, opening his messenger app.

 

YERI

Yeri is lying on the hospital bed, her head feeling heavy and shivering slightly. For some reason, after the taxi she was in with Seulgi had collided with a rubbish truck, Yeri developed a really high fever and was immediately warded. The doctors have been speaking to her and she just woke up from a nap. It's been hours since she got warded and she doesn't like it. She was the one who told the managers to tell the company to not mention anything about her dangerously high fever. She's warded into one of the higher class wards where she gets her own individual room so it's boring and kinda scary. Seulgi was with her awhile ago. Both of them were sent to the hospital but Seulgi didn't have to be warded. However, the older girl stayed with Yeri until the nurses told her to leave as visiting hours are over. Yeri sighs. It'll be hours before visitors are allowed in again.

Her head is still spinning a little as she heard the little notification sound her iphone made. She glances to the side and reaches for her phone. "Okay wow that hurt." Yeri muttered, massaging her stiff neck a little with her phone in her other hand. She looks down at the screen and sees it's an unknown number. Strange. She opens the message and reads the content.

 Unknown Number
Hi, Yeri right? How are you?

Yeri frowns. She thinks for awhile. She knows of idols whose number got leaked and fans tried to contact them. However, Yeri and her other Red Velvet members had never encountered such a situation and experience it first hand yet. Yeri looks at the message skeptically just as another message pops up from the same number.

 

JUNGKOOK

Jungkook stares at his screen nervously, his hands gripping on his phone so tightly his knuckles are turning white. Why is the girl not replying him? He mustered up all the courage in the world to type those 6 words and 3 punctuation marks and the girl is not replying? Jungkook inhales deeply. She's must be creeped out because suddenly this unknown number is texting her. Or maybe... she's just resting?

Heck, whatever, he's gonna send her another text. He's 100% sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter