Stolen Glances is all we can Afford

Seoul Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Watch this video, helps to understand this oneshot (was inspired by this vid btw haha)

 

 

He's been eyeing her whenever they both happen to attend classes.

It's easy since they sit next to each other.

But it's also not easy because they're idols, and what does that mean? Hectic work schedule where you miss out about 30-70% of school in each week (depending on what their respective groups are doing at that point in time).

The teacher had reasoned that since the two of them are the only idols in the class, making them sit together makes more sense since then everyone else can just sit together as a class if they're absent from school.

Yuju likes window seats, it helps her keep her sanity as she balances her work and school life. And DK didn't protest at all when Yuju picked the tables at the corner of the class by the windows, well, simply because he's kind-hearted DK. And the teacher didn't say much either because the two of them sitting at the far corner simply means that there will be no empty hole in the middle of the class when the two are absent (and if one/both of them are present, it minimizes distractions anyway).

It started off kind of weird. The first few weeks of school, they were in school everyday since they weren't promoting (but they had to go to the company to train and prepare for comeback and appearances almost every single day after school).

It was so very weird. They were used to bowing at each other at music shows and events that everyday they bowed to each other in school at least 6 times. And that was lowkey (okay maybe highkey) driving the two of them crazy because what classmate do that to each other?! After a teacher ends lesson and the class stands to greet, they catch sight of each other and bow before taking their seat. Just. How. Weird. And. Awkward. Is. That. They're the same age, '97 liners, and he's just about 2 months older than her, they both certainly didn't want this whole formal bowing thing to go on for too long.

"Nice notebook." He muttered randomly (and awkwardly, and nervously, and softly) during lesson one day. He's been looking at her the entire week and he really needs to have a proper conversation with her. Like really. "Sorry?" Yuju turns to look at him and it was the first time they look at each other properly in the eye.

Oh damn she's gorgeous, he thought.

"Your notebook," He says a little louder this time, gesturing towards the grey and pastel pink notebook on her table. Yuju looks down at her notebook and looks back up at him, still confused. "It's pretty." He finishes and she smiles politely. "Thank you. A fan gave it to me." She touches the cover of the notebook gently with a happy smile. They both turn back to look at the whiteboard to listen to the teacher.

"You can call me Seokmin." He says out of nowhere suddenly without looking at her. She turns to face him in surprise. "Sorry?" She heard him loud and clear but was just surprised by his sudden... offer?

He knew she was looking at him but he didn't turn to face her. He wanted to look as cool as possible infront of her. He tries hard to ignore her confused gaze and busies himself with scribbling notes in his book.

He looks really... handsome, she thought.

She quickly snaps herself out of it and awkwardly turns back to her notebook, muttering "Yeah... Seokmin..." as she grabs her pen quickly and starts to write in her book (even though she didn't even understand what she was writing.) She finds herself writing a note to him instead.

  you can call me yuna ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She tears the paper out of her notebook and passes the note to him while keeping her eyes glued to the whiteboard. He notices it and reads the note, unable to contain his smile. She plays with her fingers nervously as she tries to concentrate in what the teacher is teaching.

  you can call me yuna ^^

  hi yuna :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He passes it back to her while also pretending he's paying attention to the teacher.

  you can call me yuna ^^

  hi yuna :D

  hello seokmin :)  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter