Early Christmas

Seoul Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jaebum what are you doing...? " Seulgi asks, baffled by the sight of her boyfriend standing outside her apartment with tons of balloons and gift bags. Her phone almost slips from her fingers as she stares at him from the window in her room. She was on the phone talking to him when he suddenly told her to check her window. She didn't know what he meant but went anyway, only to be greeted by a very smiley Im Jaebum.

"Hurry and open the door, I'm freezing." Jaebum tells her through the phone and Seulgi quickly snaps out from her daze, replying "okay!" and rushing immediately out of her room and to the door.

She opens it and the sight of him makes her freeze on the spot again. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, he exclaims, "Merry Christmas!"

"Wha - " Seulgi manages to mumble, surprised. She breaks into a large smile at her boyfriend and opens her arms for a hug. He grins at her and walks over, closer to her. But instead of a hug, he gives her a light peck on the cheek, again surprising the girl. Her eyes widen and she looks at him, blinking a few times in confusion. "I'm holding too many things so I can't hug you but I guess a kiss is a lot better?" He says cheekily and she hits his arm playfully, letting him in. It is indeed freezing outside.

Jaebum puts the bags down on the table, and lets the helium balloons in his hands float up to the ceiling of her apartment. They are still within reach anyway. Seulgi turns around from closing the door to see Jaebum now with his arms open. She laughs but walks over anyway, wrapping her arms around the guy. She hears him chuckle beside her ears and that sends a shiver down a spine. She likes it anyway.

They stand like that in each other's embrace for a while before finally moving away from each other. "Yah it's not Christmas yet. There's still a week." Seulgi says, stepping away from him and then gesturing at all the things he brought and filled her seating area. "Well my family is going on a Christmas trip so I won't be here to spend Christmas with you." He explains to her, patting her head and messing her hair up in the process. She slaps his hand away as she tries to save her poor hair. He laughs at her and she sticks her tongue out at him.

"Is that why you came here at 11pm?" Seulgi says, the look of bliss all over her face.

"Yeah, and in the cold." Jaebum adds with yet another grin.

"Come here." Seulgi says, offering a hug once more and he laughs, going over to hug her.

Once again they hug for a few more minutes. "You want to open the gifts now?" Jaebum offers. Still in his arms, Seulgi leans backwards and shakes her head with a pout. Puzzled, Jaebum his head and asks, "Why?" He her hair lovingly as the girl replies with a small grin, "I'm going to open it on Christmas so it feels like you're here with me."

Jaebum scrunches up his face, pretending to be grossed out by her cheesiness. She laughs loudly at his reaction, making him laugh too. They finally pull apart and Seulgi starts to move the bags of gifts he got for her into her room. He helps her too. As she walks up the stairs to her room, she suddenly frowns and remarks, "I don't have any gift prepared for you though."

"That's okay," Jaebum says, walking up too behind her, "you're the biggest gift."

"Oh my goodness..." Seulgi mumbles, cringing at his words. He uses a bag in his hands to hit her playfully and she shouts at him, "Yah! Hands off!" He shrugs and replies innocently, "Not my hand. It was the bag. The bag is naughty."

Seulgi rolls her eyes at him and he breaks into a smile, beaming at her. They walk into her room and Jaebum catches sight of a photo on her wall. "My gosh you still have this photo of me? This is so ugly." Jaebum comments, frowning at how his hair looks in the framed photo on the wall. It's a photo of him in the library sleeping in his final year in university. That was taken before they were dating. In fact, it was when Seulgi was crushing hard on him (and so was he).

"That's the first photo I have of you. Of course I still have to leave it there." Seulgi replies, setting the gifts he got for her on the floor by her bed. She takes the remaining bags from Jaebum as he continues to look at the photos in her room. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter