The SOPA Show

Seoul Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi walks down the SBS building in her yellow uniform, feeling a little out of place. It's been a year since she's graduated from SOPA (School Of Performing Arts Seoul) in 2015. She's lost a little weight but her height remained the same - she's given up on growing taller, it's impossible.

SBS decided to film a show where "all" (the more recognised ones... sad reality isn't it?) idols who graduated from SOPA gather together and talk and play games. Hayi is already pretty socially awkward but the fact that no one else from YG is attending the show because she's the only one who graduated from SOPA. Hayi sighs and spots a few fellow yellow colored uniform people in the building. Her manager hurries her and she quickens her pace, walking into the studio where they will be filming at. There's a group of people here already and at one glance Hayi knew who they were: the SM SOPA graduates.

            
(kai 2012 ; sehun 2013 ; sulli 2013 ; seulgi 2013 ; taeyong 2014 ; joy 2015 ; jaehyun 2016)

The first to recognise her is whats-his-name-idk-is-he-from-nct (Jaehyun) who greeted her with a polite bow and she immediately responded by bowing back. This gesture drew the attention of all of them and Hayi suddenly felt overwhelmed. They are all drop dead gorgeous people and though she's from YG, she does agree that the SM artistes have a charm and aura unique and special to them. Joy sees her and smiles immediately, walking over to her. They were classmates. She holds her arms out to hug Hayi, giving her a small squeeze. "It's so good to see you!" Joy tells her cheerfully and Hayi smiles. "Same here. How have you been Sooyoung-ah?" Hayi starts to talk to her. Joy is one of the only people she isn't hopelessly awkward with. She's cheerful and bubbly and steers their conversation but also knows when to cooperate and balance it out. She's thankful, at least she now has someone to talk to. She wasn't very close with her other celebrity classmates like GFRIEND's Yerin and Apink's Hayoung.

The show begins and Hayi was assigned to sit at the far end, beside Joy who had Seulgi on her right. Everyone was splitted up into the boys team and girls team, and they sat opposite each other, diagonally facing the cameras. The show barely started and Hayi was getting a little uncomfortable. There's that guy across that keeps staring at her and it's weirding her out. What does he want?

They first start of by sharing some school memories. "Because I was training when I was still schooling in SOPA, I didn't get to hang out with my friends after school much. I rush off to train at the company after school ends." WJSN's Exy, who graduated in 2014, shares. "I started training when I was korean age 13," Seulgi shares her story too, "I never told anyone I was an SM trainee until I started schooling at SOPA where there were many trainee classmates. So a few of them knew I was an SM trainee. And like what Exy-ssi said, it's really like that. Majority of the time, after I finish school, I rush to the company to train immediately."

The host asks how they manage their time.

SEVENTEEN's S.Coups speaks up, "It was really difficult. Because training timings are long and you still have school work to do, tests to study for in school and tests in the form of evaluations to prepare for in the company." A few of the other guests nod, agreeing to what he said. NCT's Jaehyun chips in too with his experience, adding on, "When you first prepare to enroll into SOPA, the procedure is slightly different from usual schools. You have to go through auditions when you sing, dance, act or play instruments, like an audition for a company, because we're a performing arts school. On top of that, if you are a debuted idol, like a singer or actress or just a public figure, you have to write it down in the documents that you submit to the school to apply for a spot here. If you're a trainee, you have to include it too. You have to say what company you are from and everything. The school has to know."

The host asks Hayi what her take was. Hayi sits up straighter, thinking a little before sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter