I Am You, You Are Me

Seoul Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: would be great if you can watch Zico 'I Am You, You Are Me' MV first (and optional: reading the lyrics too ahaha) before reading this so you can understand it a little better. there are references such as tattoos etc because this story is inspired by the MV! but it's okay if you don't wish to/have already watched the MV so let's get right into the story!! :) it's been a long time since i wrote a b.i x leehi story so i hope this is good enough! :)

He stares at her, brows furrowed and utterly confused. Just who is this girl? And why is she dressed up the same as him on a daily basis? He stares at her from across the class, absent-mindedly scribbling in his notebook dozens of question marks.

They're technically friends. Okay fine, acquaintances. Her name is Lee Hayi, transfer student from New York. Why did she transfer over? No one knows. It's not like she's going to explain anytime soon. After all, it's not like she's going to talk to anyone anytime soon. Now Kim Hanbin here isn't the kind of guy who jumps at girls (metaphorically) because girls are the one who throw themselves at him (again, metophorically). You'd expect him to be on playboy mode 24/7 but he really doesn't have an interest in them. And no, he's not gay either. "It's just, the girls here are so typical and unattractive?" He told his friend, Jiwon, who asked him why he hasn't dated any of those girls, or at least fooled around with.

Then fast forward to the entrance of Lee Hayi. Cold, silent, very very very very very distant. Her eyes basically scream "Stay away from me" that no one talks to her, other than the teachers of course. Hanbin is at least 80% sure that the teachers are intimidated by her too. But he now finds himself staring at her, thinking about her, looking out for her. It's not like Hanbin is immediately paying attention to her the moment she transferred to the school. But it's this weird (and hella creepy) thing that's going on between them.

Why is it that their outfits are so similar everyday? Why is she dressed up like him?

Why?

Yeah yeah sure it could be fashion. Tennis skirts, flannels, baseball jackets, etc. But after a few days of this whole creepy outfit matching thing, Hanbin has concluded it is not normal.

Monday, the day she first arrived ("Good morning class, we have a new student." "Hi, I'm Lee Hayi."), she came in wearing a quartz necklace, a plain white top, black ripped jeans, an army green jacket and Adidas superstar sneakers. Hanbin hadn't realised immediately that they were wearing similar outfits. It was only until word got out that the school has a new girl who is really cold and chic, and Hanbin's twin sister Kim Jennie from the other class asked him about her after seeing Hayi in the hallway, and subsequently pointed out that they kinda dressed similiar. Hanbin looked down at himself. Army green jacket, black top, black jeans and Adidas superstar sneakers. Maybe it was a coincidence, Hanbin thought, after all she wore a white top and he wore a black one instead. It's just coincidence, Hanbin tells himself

It's just coincidence... He's not too sure how true that is when the second day came. He saw her come into class wearing a plain black choker, long sleeve black top, a dark blue checkered skirt and black boots. He looks down at himself in his seat. Dark blue checkered top with black jeans and black boots. Again, he tells himself it's not similar at all until he suddenly remembers picking out a plain black choker to wear but had broke it accidentally. He shudders. It's probably coincidence... She's wearing dark colours, maybe it's just a similar preference, I'll wear something bright tomorrow...

And Hanbin swears he's about to go crazy when the third day comes and he sees her walking into class... wearing the EXACT SAME PULLOVER. "What the f***?" He mutters underneath his breath as the girl takes her seat from across the class. Bright red pullover with one white line across the chest which she paired with a pair of denim shorts. Hanbin is not going to look down to check what he's wearing for he knows very sure already what he's wearing. The exact same pullover, denim jeans and black converse. He leans back a bit to see what shoes or what other accessories she has. She's wearing black converse and Hanbin immediately felt a shiver run down his spine, especially after he noticed she's wearing a silver ring on her index and middle fingers. He looks down at his hands. Silver ring on index and middle fingers as well. He frowns. "Are you matching clothes with her?" Jiwon, who sits behind him, leaned forward in his seat and whisper to him. "N-no!" He replies immediately, not sure if he's offended or if he's flustered anymore. Jiwon chuckles and leans back in his seat, putting his hands behind his head and closes his eyes to sleep a bit more before the class starts. Hanbin forcefully removes the rings on his fingers and slipped them inside his pocket.

It's day four and Hanbin deicdes to only arrive in class 5 minutes before class actually starts. Perhaps she's a crazy stalker who saw what I wore and matched with me then entered class as if nothing happened. But he gets yet another shock when he walked into class and there she is, tapping her pen against her desk as she props her chin on her hand, looking out of the window. She closes her eyes and the autumn wind blows and she opens her eyes again. Hanbin looks at her outfit. She wears a pale pink loose three-quarter sleeve shirt, light grey skinny jeans, white Vans... and the exact MCM bag? Hanbin sighs in confusion as he walks to his seat. He's wearing a white loose three-quarter sleeve shirt that has the word 'airplane' in pale pink, dark grey ripped jeans, Adidas superstar sneakers and yeap, the same white with gold designs MCM bag. He frowns as he stares at her calmly enjoying the autumn wind.

The 5th day came and he's down with the flu. "Jennie, could you just drop by my class and keep an eye out for Lee Hayi's outfit?" Hanbin had asked his twin sister for help. Jennie stands at the foot of the staircase, frowning at Hanbin who popped his head out of his room on the 2nd floor and randomly asked her that. She shrugs as she grabs her Kanken bag and heads to the door for school. "Okay!" She shouts just before she leaves the house. She doesn't know why he wants her to do that but he probably has a good reason for it so she's just going to do it. That's what siblings are for anyway. Especially since Hanbin has been a great older twin brother to her. After his parents left too for work, Hanbin goes to his wardrobe and picks out an Acne Studios sweater, the Jarett Numbers Multi Jacquard (A/N: the first sweater that Zico wore and matched with the girl in the MV). He grabs a pair of black leather jeans and wears it. Probably not the kind of clothes you would wear at home but it's comfortable and Hanbin wants to test out if the whole clothes matching thing still goes on even if he's at home. Jennie comes home a few hours later about to complain about how her day at school when she sees Hanbin playing on his ipad on the sofa and screams, "Oh my gawd Hanbin! Hayi-ssi wore the same sweater today! It's the one from Acne Studios right?! The one that mom got you for Christmas?" Hanbin facepalms. Who is this Lee Hayi and why is she wearing the same outfit as him?

Saturday and Hanbin is still sick at home. He tries finding Hayi's social media account. But after hours of searching, he found no Facebook account, no Twitter account and the Instagram account that he found, her last post was half a year ago. But better than nothing right? He scrolls through her Instagram profile, careful to not like anything by accident. He assumed that she moved to New Zealand and grew up there. There's a photo of a cup of Starbucks coffee against a brick wall. A photo of an admittedly beautiful sunset. There's a photo of her back view in a traditional hanbok. A rare photo of her smiling with a minnie mouse hairband. Another photo of her standing between minnie mouse and mickey mouse mascots while wearing a I LOVE DISNEY grey sweater. "Well I guess she likes Disney, especially Mickey Mouse, as much as I do..." he mutters and then catches himself because that means it's yet another similarity and it's starting to scare him.

Sunday comes and Hanbin felt a lot better. "I'll just walk around for awhile." H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter