Gastritis

Seoul Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNE 2016

On June 3, Pledis Entertainment wrote on SEVENTEEN’s fan cafe, “Wonwoo felt sudden pain in his stomach in the middle of the night, and he was diagnosed with acute gastritis when we went to the hospital. He is currently in the process of recovering,” announcing that he will not be attending the 2016 Dream Concert on June 4 and SEVENTEEN’s fan sign event on June 5. 
(taken from Soompi)

SEPTEMBER 2019

New broke out that SEVENTEEN's Wonwoo will not be attending SEVENTEEN's 'Diamond Asia Tour' Seoul Concert. The company then made an official statement hours later to confirm the news as well as give updates on the situation. They wrote on SEVENTEEN's fan cafe, "Wonwoo has been getting sudden sharp pains in his stomach for a few days, in which he tolerated and took medications due to his past medical history. However, it has gotten worse yesterday midnight and he was rushed to the hospital. He was diagnosed chronic gastritis and is currently kept under watch in the hospital. We will update the fans once we receive more information. Our artiste's health is our top priority and we sincerely apologise to fans who have been looking forward to seeing Wonwoo. We hope that fans will still have a good time at the concert."

Yesterday midnight...

"E-eonnie where are you going at this hour??" A confused Yeri walks out of her room, hugging a gudetama soft toy as she watches a frantic-looking Seulgi. They've upgraded their dorm and every member has their own room. "Hospital." She replies quickly and Yeri noticed she's in half her pjs, her pajamas top that is a large grey oversized hoodie is still on but her also-oversized long grey pants has been replaced with a pair of acid-wash denim shorts. She's wearing a black cap, her hair tied into a messy ponytail, and carrying a black leather tote bag. Seulgi didn't want to wake her members up and had only one light in their living room near the kitchen so she can grab some stuff but Yeri is a light-sleeper, extremely sensitive to light. Thank goodness her boyfriend Jaehyun doesn't need the lights switched on to sleep, how will they live together when they get married in the future? Yeri frowns with even more confusion when Seulgi suddenly walked into the kitchen and flung open their fridge. "Eonnie... are you hungry?" Yeri follows her into the kitchen. She sees her tote bag placed on the kitchen counter. Yeri puts her gudetama toy down for a moment and opens it. It's empty. Beside the tote bag is Seulgi's wallet, phone, dorm keys and car keys. Yeri looks up to see the main dancer grabbing a few bottles of chicken essence, a container of strawberries and a container of blueberries. Seulgi pauses for a moment to think as question marks pop up again and again on top of Yeri's head. Her fingers rest on a pack of salmon in the fridge and Yeri watches as Seulgi looks up at the clock on the wall, squinting a little before muttering "I don't have time to cook salmon fried rice now..." She closes the fridge and turns to face the counter, where all the food she took out are placed on. She carefully puts the bottles of chicken essence in a plastic bag before slotting in carefully (again) into her tote bag. She stops, however, when she touches the containers of berries. "Oh no," She mutters to herself again, "Can he take cold berries now?" She taps her fingers on the counter before putting the two containers into a separate plastic bag, muttering, "It won't be cold when I get there. Cold means fresh right?" "Er..." Yeri taps her shoulders and Seulgi looks up. "Eonnie, what's going on?" Yeri asks and Seulgi sighs, carrying her tote bag up. She sighs again, realising how awkward the things inside were placed. She takes the two plastic bag inside out and dumps her phone, wallet and dorm keys inside her tote bag instead, carrying the other two plastic bag on her hand. "Wonwoo got admitted to the hospital. I'm going over." Seulgi finally tells her and Yeri pauses for a moment. "Do you want me to tell the eonnies? So one of them can go with you?" Yeri asks, gesturing upstairs where Irene, Wendy and Seulgi's rooms all are. Joy and Yeri take the two rooms on the first level of their apartment. Seulgi smiles and shakes her head. "It's okay, let them sleep. We all came back late from schedule." "But wouldn't it be better if - " "It's okay, really, just let them know when they wake up and I'm not back yet. I'll drop Irene eonnie a text on my way too."

Seulgi walks over to the door and Yeri follows her. The maknae opens the door for her and she smiles. "Thanks Yeri. I'll get going." "Drive carefully!" Yeri tells her and she nods, walking over to the lift. Yeri watches her till she enters the lift before closing the apartment door. Seulgi goes to the car park and makes a beeline for her car. Wendy and her both learned how to drive early this year. Irene has a fear of it and Joy learned it last year (since she started a little during her We Got Married filming days). Yeri doesn't want to learn yet but expressed that she might in a year or two (or maybe never, she has Jaehyun anyway). Seulgi enters her car, putting her tote bag and the two plastic bags on the passenger seat next to her. She starts the car after arranging the bags and buckling her seat belt (important!) and leaves immediately for the hospital.

If you're wondering what special relationship Seulgi has with Wonwoo that she's rushing over at such a horrible hour, then yes they are dating. Though really, they do kinda look alike and can possibly pass of as siblings - many fans pointed it out since his early debut days (Seulgi debutted first). When news came out last month about Seulgi and Wonwoo's 11-months relationship, in Seulgi's words, it was "so scary". It hasn't been a month then when SM confirmed that Yeri is dating fellow SM Town member, NCT Jaehyun, and that the two have been dating for a year. It was a huge issue then because it has been only 3 years (only 2 years when he started dating Yeri - something many fans cannot accept) since Jaehyun debutted in NCT and Yeri, though she debutted a year earlier than him, is at a young age of 20 international age (21 korean age), also something fans cannot accept since that would mean she's only 19/20 years old when she started dating him. Jaehyun is only 2 years older, where the both of them are at a age where they can garner the most fans. It was horrible and Yeri stayed in the dorm for an entire week, fearing for her life the moment she steps out. So when Seulgi's dating news came out, it fell like all hell broke loose. SEVENTEEN, in their 4th year in the industry, has gotten very popular, with Wonwoo being one of the most popular ones. Though Seulgi has debutted for 5 years and her popularity is no joke too, fangirls of male idols can overpower them all anytime. It was so scary for Seulgi and there was like a double impact since there's the Yeri dating news too. Fans were just crowding around the area where their apartment is. There were even vandalism where fans wrote hate messages and death thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter