What Is This?!

Seoul Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A typical day with no schedule (to the girls of Red Velvet's relief!), Son Wendy is sprawled on her bed, scrolling through new, articles, random photos and notification under artist tag #Wendy. It's a habit SM Entertainment makes their idols adopt, to check for news of themselves individually as well as a group.

If there's a rumour of internal group members conflict, pretend (if it really is true) / show (if it's not true and there's a need to emphasise their bond) that the memebrs are close. If there's a dating rumour/scandal, alert the company and if necessary, avoid the other party involved. If there's a new... well OTP or ship, as the fans called it, created, check it out and keep it in mind. It can be good publicity and gain good media attention or it could be a nightmare. 

Well, that's what every idol, at least in SM Entertainment, needs to know.

So when the Korean-Canadian girl sees a notification of an OTP involving her, she nearly dropped her phone (and it nearly fell on her face).

"What on earth is... MARKDY?!" She exclaims, crossing her legs as she sits up and leans on the walls.

Yeah, she's heard of TaeDy/WenHyun (involving WINNER's maknae Taehyun) before because of their SBS Gayo Daejun performance. And boy, was she weirded out. It was the first guy she got 'shipped' with ever since her debut that might actually have a chance. She's been paired up with a few EXO members before, but everytime she thinks about having some sort of romantic relationship with her EXO sunbaenims, she laughs and chokes on whatever she's eating/drinking or even air.

Hearing Wendy's scream, especially in English, sent Seulgi running from the living room and into her room.

"What happened?!" Seulgi exclaims the moment she stepped into the room just as Irene makes it to the door to her room too.

"I would like to know what happened too alright!" Wendy replies, waving her phone dramatically in the air and... still speaking in English.

She pauses for a moment and quickly repeated that sentence into Korean for her members.

"Why? What's going on?" Irene asks as she sits on Wendy's bed, taking the phone from the girl who looks like she was probably fired up to swear in who-knows-how-many-languages.

As Irene attempts to make sense of what's on Wendy phone (which she probably won't understand, because when all that drama happened, Wendy had accidentally scrolled back to the top of the page and the actual notification about 'Markdy' is quite far below due to the large spam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter