When Nervousness Attacks

It All Started With A Date

“This will be the last phase of tonight’s challenges.” The emcee cued the staff at the waiting room to tell the remaining three contestants to go to the studio. He also said that you all need not to change clothes as the challenges will be starting right away.

“Should I just leave here?” You thought but came something into your mind.

Super Junior’s Super Show. VVIP ticket.

“Grrr, why can’t she just give the ticket for me for free? And why this bear costume is so heavy?” You keep on complaining as you step your feet on the stage. 

Meanwhile, Sungjong was in all smiles. And the audience, too.

Paranoia seems to attack you this time. “Is he making fun of me? Are they laughing at me?”

You erased the thought and shrugged your shoulders.

“Okay, ladies as I’ve said earlier, this will be the final challenge to all of you.” The emcee looks at the three of you with a smile on his face and then turns to the audience.

*--------------------------------------------*

“Since we all know that Lee Sungjong is a member of Infinite, a group with amazing voice, the task is related to it.”

“Oh..” The audience exclaimed.

“Our contestants here will choose one of Infinite’s songs and give their own rendition. However, Sungjong cannot vote this time around. Rather, the audience, yes you guys, will be the judge this time.”

The challenge is similar to KBS’ Immortal Song 2 format. The first singer will take her performance then another challenger again to get a head to head against the previous singer. After that, voting begins by pressing 1 or 2. Then the next challenger again, until only one survives at the end. Winner indicates a light on while a loser will have her lights off.

“OK, this one here,” points at the bowl resting in a shelf with few rolled small papers in it, “will determine your order number.  So, ladies, get one from here.”

After picking the number, the emcee told you to show it to them.

"Yoo Seon Joo, got number one, while, hmm.. Let me see who got number two.. Oh, it’s you Kim Sun Hee!” The emcee uttered. “So that means Jin Ae-Cha will be the last to sing.”

“Aigoo, why do I have to go through all of this? Heejin-unnie where are you?”

“The audience looks like they’re anticipating to this. So let’s now begin with Yoo Seon Joo.” The emcee then told you and Ae-Cha to take a seat for a moment at the vacant chairs at corner at the studio.

*---------------------------------------------*

“So what Infinite song will you sing for us Seon Joo-yah?”

“I’m going to sing 'Voice Of My Heart'.” She gave a sweet smile at the audience then on to Sungjong.

“Acting cute, eh?” You silently commented.

“Ladies and gentlemen please welcome this sweet girl on stage again, Yoo Seon Joo!”

The audience applauded and the girl started to sing.

You bite your lips for you to hold your laugh upon hearing her sings.

“Err, is she reciting a poem?”

On a second thought, you think about how you are going to sing. It’s been a long time since you sang. That was way back… Two years ago? You can’t remember already.

Seon Joo’s performance soon ended and you heard your name was being called by the emcee.

Gathering your thoughts to reality again, you stood up.