No Choice

It All Started With A Date

A crew entered again in the waiting room and said, “Okay, ladies we will be announcing the girls who made it into top five, so hold your breath. They’ll relay name and the number of the winner to me. And as I call out your names please remain in here and the other ones who were not called may leave.”

"Uh, okay sure. Finally, I’ll get a rest."

The announcement began.

“The winners are as follows in no particular order: Number three - Lee Hwayoung, then number six - Jang Myunghee, Number two -  Jin Ae-Cha, followed by Number eight – Yoo Seon Joo , and to complete the top five is.. ” the crew paused for a moment. “Kim Sunhee, number ten.”

“Mwo?” you said in shocked and disbelief.

“Yes Sunhee-yah, you’re in top five, too.” The crew confirmed it. “So girls, be ready for the next challenge. You guys, wait here, okay? I’ll be back soon.”

“Olmana? How can it be when I did something horrible, I think?”

“Wanna know why?” A girl named Lee Hwayoung said with her one eyebrow raised as if she can read your mind.

“Waeyo?” You asked.

“Because you look weird and babo. And, people here need a good laugh and you just provided them a good show. Perfect, isn’t it?” She chuckled.

“What’s your problem? Why are you saying those things to me?” You said calmly.

“Ah, forget it. Pretend you didn’t hear a thing.” Hwayoung laughs as she went back to her seat.

"Err, that girl’s a witch!”

*----------------------------------------------*

“For our next challenge, we have provided several dresses for our contestants and their task is to walk on this stage with that dress on like a model.  So, I guess it’s time for these girls to do their best and make our Sungjong fall for them.” The emcee goes to Sungjong.  “What do you think, Mr. Lover Boy?"

“They better be, or I’ll wear their dress and outshine them.” Sungjong laughs.

At the waiting room, a crew entered again and explained the mechanics of the next challenge.

“Alright girls, here are the clothes you are going to wear for the next challenge, you take your pick.” The crew said as she brought a pile of clothes and put it on a vacant seat.

As soon as the crew finishes her sentence, each contestant grabs their dress. You didn’t rush into it since you aren’t interested anyway. After all the other girls were done picking their dresses, you stood up and get the last one.

It was kind of crumpled.

Inspecting on it, you unfold it, and as soon as you did, everyone inside the waiting room laughed hard.

 *------------------------------------------*

“A teddy bear mascot?”

You looked around and found those girls still laughing.

“Omo, unnie look at what I chose! A pink dress with ribbons! So pretty, yay!” One girl exclaimed in exaggeration. It was Hwayoung, the witch.

“Ne, and look at mine here. A white fairy dress! Oh so fantastic. I bet it’ll bring the cuteness in me.” Seon Joo boasts.

“Here’s mine. A black y dress! What about you Ae-Cha?” It’s Myunghee.

“A perfect yellow spring dress matched with this cute hat adorned with a flower!” The girl said as she turns around wearing the hat.

“Good thing, we picked our dresses early on, that's why we got the best dress unlike someone here… Ooops!” Hwayoung again.

Hearing those statements, you decided to just ignore them. On the other hand, it favors you, you thought. You really don’t have any intention to win the contest anyway.