A Bear Who Cannot Bear?

It All Started With A Date

“Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give a round of applause for Miss Lee Hwayoung.”

The girl walks confidently at the stage making her turnarounds. The emcee then called the other contestants.

Surely, everyone on the show admired those girls. You know, you must admit, they’re really pretty.

When it’s your turn, you walked in but unfortunately you stepped onto something and then you tripped bouncing forward to the stage.

A boom of laugh came next.

Sungjong can’t help but laugh too but suddenly stop laughing and get out of the seat and walks right to you to help you up.

“Gwaenchanayo?”

“Ye, gwaenchana. Komawoyo.” You said without even looking at him because of embarrassment.

“Ah, Sungjong-yah, our contestant needs to walk her way on this stage now. So, you may now take your seat there.” The emcee said pointing at the booth.

“Anio, I’ll help her walk on the stage.” Sungjong sweetly smiled.

“Is that OK with you, Sunhee-yah?” The emcee asked you.

As you were about to speak, Sungjong held your hand and guided you in walking at the stage. You did nothing but just follow his steps. You couldn’t even utter a single word.

Was it because of embarrassment or something else?

 *---------------------------------------*

“Omo, looks like your teddy bear at Sesame Player that just came to life, Sungjong-yah.” The emcee comments as soon as you both finished walking arounds.

Then, you shyly exit the stage after the emcee dismissed you.

As you go back the waiting room, you can still hear the sounding laugh those of you already know who.

Not minding them, you went back to your seat.

“I know I don’t want to win this contest anyway but why this situation embarrassed me? Lady Luck is turning against me.” You frowned at the thought.

“And now for the announcement of three winners for this round, may we call on Lee Sungjong again to hear his decision. Join me here on stage, please.” The emcee said as he calls on the attention on the audience.

“Ah, yes. The first winner is Jin Ae-Cha. The yellow spring dress suits her very well and plus my favorite color is yellow. ”

“Kuraeyo? I think you’re right there.” The emcee interferes. “So, who’s our next winner?”

“Next is, the one who wore a fairy dress, Yoo Seon Joo.” Sungjong stated

“And for our last winner?”

Sungjong smiled first. “The third one to complete the top three for this round is… Kim Sun Hee.”

 *----------------------------------------*

The crew in the waiting room also announces the winners. All the smiles in Hwayoung’s face disappeared as soon as she heard the results. She just cannot believe it. All the while, she thought that she’ll get into top three and had the feeling to earn her victory as the final winner, but all those vanished in an instant. In her dismay and embarrassment, Hwayoung dashes off quickly out of the waiting room.

On the other hand, you, in disbelief again cannot speak anything.

“This must be a dream and I don’t know if it’s good or not.”