I Don't Want To Do It!

It All Started With A Date

“NO! I don’t want to do it Heejin-Unnie, got it?!” You firmly said as your cousin keeps on bugging you about a certain dating reality show.

You were sitting on your bed while your laptop is on your lap.

You were both living in dorms at Seoul while your parents and relatives are currently living at Busan. Your family sent you to Seoul to study and your cousin Heejin who is a senior to you of six years, helped you find a good place to start with. She's been living the city life for almost 5 years now.

“But why don’t you try it?” Your cousin said while she’s standing at the front door of your dorm.

“Because it’s stupid and I don’t really want to do it.”

“Nah, let me guess. You’ll only date the man of your dreams.” Then she grabs the laptop from you. She saw Super Junior’s MV there.

“Oh man, you’re watching it again? I think you’ve viewed it a million times already!” Your persistent cousin exclaimed. “You really dream of dating Choi Siwon, huh?”

Silence.

“Ha-ha. I got ya!”

“Give back that lappy to me, okay? I’m not yet done watching it.” You rose from your bed and try to get it from her, but failed to do so because she’s few inches taller from you.

Frustrated, you sat again.

“You know that I’m not fond of those reality shows especially the dating ones, cousin.” You said as you crossed your arms.

“I know right? But can you at least try it this once?”

“You already asked me about it last time and I believed I made myself clear to you.”

“But I badly need a replacement right away because one of the contestants in our show got a terrible fever so she can’t do it, that’s why I’m asking you a favor.” She pleads. “Come on Sun Hee-yah, it’s just for fun anyway.”

You refused again.

“Aw, too bad, I already got myself VVIP tickets here for Super Junior’s Super Show already.”

“Really?! But I thought it’s already sold out?” You excitedly said making your eyes so wide in delight.

“Well, it is. But I already got two tickets reserved. Not bad as payment for a favor I’m asking you, eh?”

After a few minutes of thinking, you decided to say yes to it.

"She really knows where to hit me, eh.."

“Yay, thanks cousin. Don’t worry it’ll be just for a week or month so you bear with it, ‘kay?” She assures you.

“One month? That’s too long!”

“Well, that is if you get chosen by our main guest for the month. Naturally, you’ll advance to a second phase which is the “Dating Phase”.  It’s kind of similar to We Got Married but it’s all about dating, not marrying.”

“Only If I I’m chosen, right?” You asked.

"Uh-huh!"

“So if ever I happen not to be, then I’m out of that stupid idea of yours. And don’t forget the ticket, arasso?”

“Yes, and you don’t have to worry, cousin, because every contestant of our show gets a lump sum.” She winked.

“Oh, there’s talent fee?” You exaggerated it as if you were really interested.

“Ha-ha, Sun Hee-yah, why do I sense some sarcasm with that statement of yours?” She chuckled.

*--------------------------------------------------------------*

Your cousin told you to come by their studio next Monday for the rehearsal and taping of the said show. She told you to get dressed properly. When you asked who is the hallyu star for the month you're with, she just kept her silence.

“It’s confidential, cousin. Sorry, I cannot tell you about this one.” She then stared at you.

“Wae? Why are you looking at me that way?”

 "Getting excited, huh?” She grins. “Don’t worry, you and the others will meet him right after the ‘A Date With A Hallyu Star’s featured guest was announced.”

You frowned.

“And oh, never ever try to run away okay? Remember, your ticket is here with me.” She lastly said as she walks out of the door.