SIDE STORY!

My Twin Babysitter

4 years after Chapter 35/ 2 years after Chapter 36:

"Ok, 1, 2, 3 push!" Jieun said, her hands covered in Woojung's blood.

"Arrgg damnit! Where the is that Blondie?! ARRRGGHH!" Woojung cussed, grasping onto Hyunmin who was busy calling her cousin.

"Oppa! Where are you?! Woojung unni's being hysterical--oppa?" Hyunmin said but stopped upon hearing a different voice on the line.

"Yes this is your beloved oppa speaking." Hearing the voice, Hyunmin just rolled her eyes.

"Oh knock it off Jeongmin—" Hyunmim said but was interrupted by Woojung who pulled onto Hyunmin's arm causing the phone to fall just beside the patient’s pillow.

"JEONGMIN YOU TARD, WHERE'S THAT BLONDE ?! I'M GIVING BIRTH TO OUR DAMNED KID RIGHT NOW AND YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO ING GOOF AROUND?! ARRRRRRRGGGHHH!" Woojung yelled loudly, clenching onto Hyunmin's arm with solid force.

Hyunmim bit her lower lip for Woojung's grip hurts. The door to the operating room then opened as a nurse led a dark brown haired man inside.

"Oppa what took you so long?!" Hyunmin asked irritably as Youngmin ran towards Woojung and took her hand from his cousin.

"Well—"

"I DON'T ING GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE REASON WHY YOU’RE LATE! IF I ONLY KNEW THAT YOU WOULD BE THIS LATE THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN LET YOU ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Woojung yelled in frustration as tears and sweat covered her face. Hearing Woojung’s sentiments, the nurses inside the room stifled a laugh including the doctor, Jieun.

“Ok, ok I’m sorry Woojung.” Youngmin shushed, caressing his wife’s hair.

“Come on,Woojung! Only a bit more and the baby’s out! One last push!” Jieun yelled as the baby slowly came to her sight.

“Woojung, you can do this. I’m here now.” Youngmin said as Woojung inhaled deeply and tightened her grip on the husband.

“ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!” after a few seconds, the operating room was quickly filled with a child’s cry.

“Congratulations! It’s a healthy baby girl! You’re a mother now, Woojungie!” Jieun exclaimed in excitement as she slowly handed the baby to Youngmin and Woojung.

“She’s beautiful.” Woojung said, tears flowing through her eyes while Youngmin smiled at her in contentment.

“Yeah, just like you.”

XXXXX

“What the hell was that all about? You got locked up at the site?” I asked, leaving the transactions room and walking towards Jeongmin who was seated on the bench found in the hallway. Jeongmin just nodded while tapping on his phone as I just rolled her eyes at him.

“Are you seriously that stupid?” I said, fixing my bag in place. Jeongmin and I are in the hospital where Woojung unni gave birth to her and Youngmin oppa’s child, Minjung, a week ago. The two already went home. Seeing as there are still things to be fixed, they asked me to stay behind and finish all the transactions in place of them. They must be very tired having a newborn baby so this is the least I can do. Jeongmin who was also near the place, contacted and volunteered to accompany me.

Yes, I don’t call him oppa because I think it’s weird and besides it was fine with him.

“Ouch, I have feelings too, you know.” Jeongmin said pouting. Keeping his phone, Jeongmin suddenly stood up and walked towards hyunmin as the girl backed away with suspicion running through her mind.

“What the hell are you doing?” Coming in contact with the wall, Hyunmin stared at Jeongmin, who was towering over her in a dangerously close distance, with a flushed face.

“We’re going to a party.”

XXXXX

“Where are we going?” I asked while Jeongmin kept his eyes on the road.

“I told you that we’re going to a party right?” Jeongmin said, slowing down the car as the stoplight turned red.

“Why am I even going with you? You have plenty of girls that will definitely go with you.“ I said, watching as the stoplight timer tick down by the second.

Four years since Woojung unni and Youngmin oppa’s wedding, my heart became fine again. The treatments went well. I flew back to Korea to study in a university, majoring in Architecture. Ever since I came here, for some reason I was always with Jeongmin. I don’t have a driver’s license and he’s the older brother of Woojung unni, so those are a given but the real reason was something unexpected.

“No way. It has got to be with you.” Jeongmin said as I felt my face turn a faint shade of pink.

“What—“ I was about to make a reply when two girls suddenly called him from the sidewalks.

“Mr. Lee! Hi~” The girls squealed as Jeongmin waved back at them. The stoplight returned back to green signaling for the cars to accelerate.

“You saying something?” Jeongmin asked, taking a glance at me before turning to the road.

“Nothing. Isn’t it bad if one of your students see us together?” I asked, biting my lower lip as Jeongmin just chuckled.

“Why? It’s none of their business who I want to be with.” Jeongmin said making me heave a sigh.

Jeongmin’s a professor at my school. I know, it’s unbelievable. What’s even more unbelievable is, he’s my arts professor. Damn him.

I don’t hate him. That’s true. The things I only dislike about him is how he acts all cool, how he’s such a carefree person and…

… how he always gets my hopes up high.

“I remember how awkward you look like when we fetched Woojung back from Victoria’s place. Ah, the memories—“

“Who wouldn’t be awkward in meeting someone for the first time? I was only fourteen back then...” I trailed off as he grinned at me while parking the car in front of a familiar house.

“And you’re eighteen now huh. Actually, I felt comfortable at that time.” Jeongmin said going down from the car and picking up something from the compartment.

“Well I wasn’t… after experiencing love at first sight.”

“What’s that, Hyunmin? Sorry I didn’t hear.” Jeongmin came back with gifts in hand as we rang the door bell.

“I was asking why we’re here at Donghyun ahjussi’s house.” Jeongmin just gave out a smirk.

“I already told you, we’re gonna go to a party.”

The door opened as I was surprised by the sight before me.

“Happy Birthday Hyunmin!”

Everyone in the house cheered as balloons and confetti’s filled the air. Aunty Minah, Donghyun ahjussi, Kwangmin and Youngmin oppa, Jieun and Woojung unni and lastly, Minjung were there celebrating what seems to be my birthday.

“Oh it’s my birthday?” I blurted out as everyone roared in laughter.

“Babo. Since you and Minjung were born on the same month, would you mind being her godmother?” Woojung unni said as she and Youngmin looked at me with big smiles on their faces.

“I would love to.”

XXXXX

“Hyunmin, I’ll go ahead now. Kwangmin will drive me home. Happy birthday again! Take care, sweetie.” Jieun unni waved goodbye as she and Kwangmin oppa entered the car and drove off.

Woojung unni then walked towards me, about to whisper something when Youngmin oppa suddenly grabbed her shoulder.

“No, you are not drinking beer and that’s final.” Woojung unni then rolled her eyes at her husband.

“You’re such a geek, Youngmin.” I just chuckled at the two’s cuteness.

“Oh and hey Hyunmin, Woojung and I will just be upstairs. Minjung’s asking for milk—“ Youngmin oppa said, carrying Minjung in his hand but was interrupted by Jeongmin looking at the two with a sly smile.

“Is it really Minjung asking for milk?” hearing Jeongmin’s remark, Woojung unni immediately kicked him on the knee.

“Ow! Are you even allowed to move that much?!” Jeongmin exclaimed while Woojung unni only made face as Youngmin oppa led her to their room upstairs, chuckling.

“Now you know the reason why blondie and I were late? We were buying party decorations.” Jeongmin said, staring into the midnight sky. The two of us were outside the house for Donghyun ahjussi and aunty Minah’s friends were still inside the house, partying.

Taking a seat on the bench near their garden, I copied Jeongmin and looked up in the sky.

“Why did you hold the party here?” I asked.

“Well aunty Minah thought that it’s best if it was held here, in case you suddenly decided to go home today.” Jeongmin explained making me chuckle.

“That’s just like aunty Minah.”

“So did you enjoy your surprise party?” Jeongmin asked, taking a seat beside me as I gave him a wide grin.

“It was the best.” Jeongmin smiled, facing me.

“Everyone was present, even Minwoo oppa though he only attended the party through skype.” I said, remembering everything that happened awhile ago. I was really surprised with the sudden events that I even forgot my own birthday.

“Come to think of it, you never call me oppa or even seonsaengnim.” Jeongmin said, raising an eyebrow as I blew a raspberry.

“Seonsaengnim? As if and the only ones I’d call oppa are Youngmin OPPA, Kwangmin OPPA and most especially Minwoo OPPA.” I said, emphasizing the word ‘Oppa’. With a smirk, I looked at Jeongmin who was staring at me with a serious face.

“What’s with the face?”

“You know, you keep talking about that nosey since awhile ago.” Jeongmin said, still staring at me.

“Don’t call him nosey and what’s it to you?” I asked as Jeongmin moved closer to my face.

“Don’t you know, I’m really jealous.” Jeongmin whispered then blew on my ear after, making my eyes wide and my face red in surprise.

“What the hell was that about?!” I exclaimed making Jeongmin roar in laughter.

“That was a punishment for not passing your last homework in time.” Jeongmin said, standing up. He then walked inside the house as my phone’s alarm tone suddenly went off.

“I’m your first subject tomorrow right? Come to my class on time or else I’ll give you a zero on the next exam.” 

Scrolling down the page, a follow up message appeared.

“But I did mean what I said earlier.”

XXXXX

“No way! So does that mean he likes you?!” My friend Eunjoo exclaimed making the whole class look at us weirdly.

It’s currently our first subject, arts, meaning that our professor who’s looking at Eunjoo and me right now is none other than Mr. Lee Jeongmin.

“I hope you don’t mind, Ms. Jo Hyunmin and Ms. Kang Eunjoo, but please pay attention to my announcement.” Jeongmin said with a smile making the girls seated beside us squeal in delight.

This little, he only wanted the girls to squeal over him.

“We’ll have an exam by Friday. Please make sure to arrive in class on time or else I’ll give you a zero. Got that Ms. Jo?” Jeongmin said winking, as the whole class started laughing at me. He knows that I’m always late that’s why he’s picking on me. Jerk.

“Ok class dismissed.”

“I’ll go ahead now. I got work, so see you on Friday!”

Jeongmin and the rest of the class started walking out of the room as Eunjoo hurried off too.

Grabbing my bag, I was about to exit the room when I saw another professor talking to Jeongmin. Is that my dance teacher? As far as I know, that teacher is famous within the school. She’s got great figure matching with her doll-like face. Is she in a relationship with Jeongmin?

“So, my place tomorrow after class.” The dance teacher said as Jeongmin gave her a smile.

“Okay, got it.”

“It’ll be exciting. Can’t wait.” The dance teacher then walked away as I saw Jeongmin entering the faculty room.

What the hell was that about?! The dance teacher’s place tomorrow after class?! Don’t tell me they have that kind of relationship?! I know Jeongmin’s a bastard but I never thought that he’d do it with another professor, much less my dance teacher!

Lots of thoughts circled my mind. Unable to process everything, I walked out of the building and sat down on one of the benches near it.

My head’s in a mess. I knew it. I knew that Jeongmin was a cassanova and it was perfectly obvious that he does it with every possible girl but hearing him saying that he’ll do it in actual, I just can’t. My feelings, they’re overflowing.

I don’t want to cry. I don’t want to waste my tears on him. But it’s easier said than done.

I was wiping my eyes when two guys suddenly approached me.

“Hey, you okay there? Is there something wrong? If you’re sick then we can take you to the nearest clinic.” The first guy said as I politely decline their offer.

“Nothing’s wrong, I just accidentally scratched my eyes.” Hearing my response, the second guy moved closer and held my forehead.

“If that’s so, then allow me to at least check on it. Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing, I’m a student in the medicine department.”

“No, it’s really okay. It doesn’t hurt anymore—“ I was about to decline when the second guy in front of me suddenly flew backwards making my and the first guy’s eyes widen in shock.

Everyone near the place started looking at us. I turned to see who the person responsible for this was but was only shocked even more when I saw Jeongmin staring at the two guys in a scary manner.

“If the girl says no, then no. you don’t have to force her to go with you.” Jeongmin said, about to grab the second guy’s collar when I grabbed his hand.

“They weren’t forcing me into something. They were just concerned to see me crying.” After blinking at me for about 5 seconds, Jeongmin suddenly bowed down to the two guys and apologized.

“I’m so sorry for jumping into conclusions, please forgive my act.” Jeongmin said as the two guys just chuckled.

“It’s fine Mr. Lee, everyone makes mistakes.”

“Mr. Lee? You know them?” I asked Jeongmin as he started rubbing the back of his nape.

“Well, they were my students last semester.”

Jeongmin apologized again as the two guys left us, laughing at the incident.

“So why were you crying?” Jeongmin asked, kneeling in front of me as he placed his books on the bench beside me.

“Nothing. It’s none of your business, anyway.” I said, wiping the excess tears on my eyes as Jeongmin looked at me worriedly.

“It IS my business. How could I just stay calm when one of my students is crying? There is obviously a problem.” Jeongmin said as I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up.

“YOU are the problem. I’m only your student right? Then why are you being like this?!” I said, tears swelling up on the edge of my eyes as Jeongmin stood up to face me.

The sun setting, the trees dancing, I decided. I’ll free myself of these secrets feelings.

“Always getting my hopes up high, always making me expect, always giving me false feelings, I’ve had enough!” I yelled as I noticed the passersby looking at us weirdly but I don’t care. I just wanted these feelings of mine to end, once and for all.

“Hyunmin—“

“Don’t you know that for four years, for whole four years, I’ve been secretly in love with you?! Ever since I met you back at Woojung unni’s wedding, I’ve always wanted to see you! When I found out that my heart was working well again, I was overjoyed cos finally, I’ll be able to go back to Korea. I’ll finally be able to see you again…even if I had boyfriends during these past four years, you were the only one that I’ve longed for…” I cried. Jeongmin stared at me in surprise as my tears fell on the dry ground.

“I arrived here last year and after knowing the true you, I thought that my feelings would disappear cos you were such a jerk! A cassanova! A bastard! You always go and sleep with other girls but whatever you do, I just can’t forget you! I’m tired! I’m really really tired! I’m tired of having these feelings for you! If only I could just stop loving you—“ Without even letting me finish my sentence, Jeongmin suddenly sealed my lips with his.

“Don’t. Don’t stop loving me.” Jeongmin said, wiping my tears with his thumb.

“If all of the things you said were true, then it’s probably fine to say that I love you more than anyone could ever do.” Jeongmin then continued with a smile as all the things I’ve started hearing were hovering in my mind.

“The first time we met, you were fourteen, I was eighteen. I admit that I thought of you as just some little girl that was a friend of my sister. It didn’t bother me much when you went back to America but when you came back here, it’s like... unintentional imprinting.” Jeongmin said as he bit his lower lip before continuing.

“The moment I saw you, I said to myself that I’ll definitely make you mine. Before I always slacked off and depended on my dad but because of you, I became a professor. It’s like years whenever I don’t see you, so by doing this job, I’ll always have the chance to be by your side. I can see how you do in school, how you act in front of friends and who you truly are. I wanted to know you. I wanted to know the real Hyunmin… and have her all to myself.” Jeongmin said as my mind slowly processed everything that went out of his mouth.

“Are you serious?” I asked, still having a hard time believing everything that Jeongmin was saying.

“Even the message I sent you, everything that I say or tell you, I’m definitely serious with it.” Jeongmin said before closing in on my ear again.

“And for the record, I’m still a .” Jeongmin whispered as he grinned at me.

“The thing you heard awhile ago was an engagement party of my co-teacher. She just got engaged to one of my friends and we’re celebrating it at their place.” Jeongmin explained as I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment.

“You saw me at the room?” I asked as Jeongmin just nodded and held my face close to his.

“So are we gonna work this out?” Hearing his inquiry, my lips slowly curved upwards as our feelings slowly connected with one another.

“This will be a shocker for Woojung unni but yes, we’ll definitely make this work out.”


THANK YOU FOR READING THE SIDE STORY!

So this is the end. T.T I seriously wanna cry T.T 

TOLD YOU! IT WAS AN UNEXPECTED COUPLING! NYAHAHAHA! XD

Meh, If you want more stories from me! Then subscribe to my new story!

"Gay and Byuntae"

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT THAT YOU GAVE TO MY TWIN BABYSITTER! SEE YOU ON MY NEW FANFIC! 

 

 

SARANGHAE!