Chapter 29: Confession and Depression

My Twin Babysitter

Minwoo's POV

Are they dating? Nah, that can't be seeing as Woojung doesn't even care about the boys around her. Yeah, unfortunately, even me. She's indifferent to everybody and as far as I'm seeing, she hates that new guy's guts. But why do they look so close to each other? Even Jieun knows him and I don't. Damn right, I don't. And why are they always together? They sleep together, and which whatever reason they have, I don't know and I think I don't even want to know.

 

"Ugh this is frustrating..."

 

"What's frustrating?" Jieun asked as I pointed to the two familiar figures closing in at the door of the room.

 

"Ah, but Woojung and Jeongmin are—"

 

"Good Afternooooooon!" The room was suddenly filled by that new guy's voice making me lose my focus.

 

Unlike Jeongmin who went to the girls, Woojung immediately went back to her seat beside me as I stared at her.

 

"Where did you go Woojungie? You were with Jeongmin oppa right?" Jieun asked as Woojung slowly nodded.

 

"Yeah, I toured him around the school including some places that I don't even know what it’s called." Woojung explained but then noticed the intense stare that I was giving her.

 

"What the ef do you want?"

 

"Uh Woojung, can I talk to you later after class?" I said as the nervousness in my voice slowly appeared. Woojung raised a brow as she looked at me weirdly.

 

"Why after class? Can't you just say it now—"

 

"It's something that can only be talked about when we're alone. Please... just this once."

 

If I were to know the truth between her and that new guy, then might as well tell her my true feelings.

 

WOOJUNG'S POV

What the heck could he want to talk about? I actually want to go home now because that of a Jeongmin kept on clinging to me. I was tired to death! him. Really. But I have a feeling that I should listen to what Minwoo has to say. Yeah I call him Minwoo now since I realized that I'm being too mean to him even though he’s kinda... ok not kinda but really nice to me.

 

I'm walking upstairs to our room now. I just came from the parking lot to tell Kwangmin that I'll be arriving late today. He kept on asking why so I had to force him to leave without me.

 

I arrived at the classroom with the backpack almost falling off my shoulder. I walk towards the figure seated on one of the tables while facing the window. Probably hearing my footsteps, the person turned his head and smiled upon seeing me.

 

"So what do you wanna talk about?" I asked with my hands clutching on my bag's straps as I stood by the windows facing him.

 

"What's your relationship with that new guy?" Minwoo asked making my eyebrows crook.

 

"That new guy? You mean Jeongmin?" I asked, slightly annoyed at how he calls thay . I mean I'm the only one allowed to call him names.

 

"Yeah, him."

 

"He has a name. And what about us? Why do you even wanna know? It's none of your concern—" I was about tell him off when suddenly, he looked more serious. His eyes fixed on mine and honestly, it's a bit uncomfortable with him suddenly being like this.

 

"Of course it'd be my concern." Still looking at him in confusion, Minwoo suddenly grabbed my left hand with both of his hands and squeezed it gently.

 

"I like you." Minwoo said in a rather loud but gentle voice, as if afraid to not be heard. My heart suddenly started racing from the nervousness that I’m feeling. I began to feel uncomfortable with looking at him straight in the eyes, but I had to.

 

"I really like you, not just as a friend but as a man. I've always looked at you, giving you hints that you, unfortunately, can't decipher. I don't know if you're doing it on purpose, acting like you don't know anything or you're just naturally dense but even so, I still like... no, I love you. Could you give me a chance to make you happy by being yours?"

 

XXXXX

 

"I'm back."

 

It was already 6 pm when I arrived at home. Upon entering the house, I saw the twins watching some random show with Jeongmin who was sitting on the floor while eating chips... which are mine.

 

"Is that my potato chips you're eating?" I asked, my eyes looking down at the damn eating MY chips.

 

"Err... yeah?" As if anticipating for a kick, Jeongmin immediately formed a shield with his arms. I was about to do it but it wasn't a big deal. I could just ask him to buy it for me. Tripling the amount.

 

"Why aren't you kicking me?" Jeongmin asked with a surprised look, even the twins.

 

"Just replace it, triple the amount." I said as I was about to walk upstairs when Youngmin called.

 

"Woojung, did something happen at school? Why were you late?" Youngmin asked, worry written all over his face. Beside him was Kwangmin, grabbing a glass filled with juice on the table.

 

Should I tell them or not? I think I should just spill everything. Well they're gonna find out about it sooner or later anyway. Especially that blabbermouth Jeongmin who just transferred to our school but already got so many sources.

 

"Minwoo confessed to me. He said that he likes me."

 

As if on queue, Kwangmin suddenly blew the juice he was drinking everywhere. Jeongmin who was eating awhile ago, suddenly laughed with the chips falling from his mouth. Yeah, it was gross.

 

And Youngmin, he just looked at me. I returned his gaze, causing the two of us to have a brief eye contact but not for long, he quickly looked away in silence.

 

"Wow Woojung, you're a lady now! But hey, I admire that nosey guy. He has more guts than from what I've expected. Seems like he took the initiative and went ahead of the race." Jeongmin explained as I had a hard time understanding everything he just said.

 

"What race?"

 

"It's nothing." Jeongmin said, shrugging.

 

"Well, what did you say?" Kwangmin asked, wiping the mess that he made on the floor.

 

"About that..."

 

“Could you give me a chance to make you happy by being yours?"

 

“Nosey—I mean Minwoo. Thank you for Uhm… liking me, but  c-could you give me some time to think about it? The truth is, I’ve never been into a relationship before, neither have I received a confession. All of these are my effin firsts. I want to think about this seriously so I hope you understand that.”

 

 “So what do you think should I do?"' As much as I hate to admit it, it's true. I don't know what to do at times like this. Given that they’re my babysitters, it should be included to their job to listen to me if I have a bit of a problem. They should be honoured if that were to happen.

 

"Well....Woojung—" Kwangmin was about to speak when Youngmin finally decided to talk.

 

"Do what you want to do." The three of us, Kwangmin, Jeongmin and I, turned to look at him. Upon seeing the hard look on Youngmin's face, my heart suddenly became heavy. It's like he doesn't give a damn about me at all. It's like he's saying: 'go and get a boyfriend for all I care.'

 

I tried to answer but no words were coming out from my mouth.

 

"I'm going back to our house, Kwangmin. I have homework to do." Youngmin then stood up without even looking at any of us. He walked out of the house leaving Kwangmin, Jeongmin and me.

 

"Looks like somebody's PMS-ing." Jeongmin commented as Kwangmin and I stared at him.

 

"What?"

 

NOBODY'S POV

"So where's Youngmin?" Donghyun asked as the four of them started eating dinner. Donghyun arrived just right after Youngmin went back to their house.

 

"He went back early. He said he has homework to do." Kwangmin explained. Donghyun then noticed the little interest of Woojung towards the food.

 

"Woojung, what’s wrong? Is there a problem? Why the long face?"

 

"Because Youngmin isn't here—" Jeongmin said but was interrupted by her sister beside her.

 

"Shut up ." Woojung glared at him as Jeongmin just chuckled before inhaling deeply.

 

"WOOJUNG and MINWOO sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N—" without notice, Woojung suddenly stood up from her seat and tackled Jeongmin causing them to both fall on the floor.

 

"Yah! What the —"

 

"I told you to shut up!" Woojung yelled as she topped over Jeongmin who was lying on the floor and strangled him.

 

"Hey! Stop it! Stop fighting!" Kwangmin stood up and immediately tried to seperate the two but failed miserably.

 

Donghyun just looked at the three as he tried to grasp the situation. Seeing that kind of situation wasn't new to him so panicking didn't even cross his mind.

 

"Jeongmin, What? What did you say?"

 

"Hyung, our classmate at school confessed to Woojung!" As soon as Donghyun heard 'confessed to Woojung', his mind went blank and suddenly choked on the food inside his mouth. Jeongmin and Woojung turned to look at him, still in the same position while Kwangmin tried to help him. It took Donghyun about a minute to clear his throat and comprehend what Jeongmin just said.

 

"What?!"

 

Kwangmin grabbed Jeongmin and Woojung by the back of their shirts and led them to their respective seats as he tell Donghyun the whole story. Woojung didn't stop glaring at the boy beside him, even kicking his leg every now and then. Jeongmin, on the other hand, was feeling proud and fulfilled. It was his duty to make Woojung's life miserable and he accomplished it quite easily. Why is he being like that? Well, let's just say that he enjoys it.

 

"Minwoo? The boy who ate with us before?" Donghyun asked as Kwangmin nodded.

 

"Wow our Woojung is finally a lady now" Jeongmin teased as Kwangmin chuckled making Woojung slap him. Donghyun, on the other hand was in a deep thought.

 

"But I really feel like I already saw that boy, even from before. I just don't know where... and his name is kinda familiar." Donghyun remarked as Woojung and the two boys just shrugged.

 

"oh well. Must be my imagination."

 

XXXXX

 

Minwoo was walking on the way home. As he was just outside his house, he stopped upon seeing a familiar black bmw parked on the streets. He suddenly remembered that today is the day that his dad and step-mom, arrives from their work overseas, somewhere in the west.

 

He continued walking and opened the door with his key.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm back." Minwoo greeted as two familiar figures turned to look at him.

 

"Welcome back appa, aunty." Minwoo smiled in a plain manner. He doesn't dislike his dad and new mother, neither does he like them that much. Even if the two were still in korea, they were never really close with each other. They wouldn’t ask about each other’s lives, except if its business or school related and Minwoo favors that. They only have average relationship which doesn’t really affect both parties. Just a regular family with not much closeness.

 

"So how was school?" Minwoo's dad asked to which Minwoo just nodded.

 

“Fine, I guess. Not much happened.” Minwoo replied, taking off his bag as his step mom motioned for him to sit down on the couch.

 

“Do you have any plans for tomorrow? It’s Saturday.” Minwoo’s step mom asked with a smile.

 

“Actually, yes, I do have. Why?” Minwoo thought about the two planning for a get-together but then realized that this was his parents that he’s talking to. They would only ask him such questions if it has something to do with his school or their business. Minwoo really doesn’t mind them being all business oriented people. He actually likes being free and independent but one thing that he doesn’t like is whenever they try to set him up with someone.
 

“Cancel it.”

 

“Why?” 

 

Upon realizing where the conversation is going, Minwoo shook his head and looked at them irritably.

 

“Don’t tell me it’s about—“

 

“Yes. Tomorrow, you will meet your fiancé.” His dad said making Minwoo heave a sigh. Minwoo stood up from his seat and grabbed his bag motioning for the stairs.

 

“I already told you for like a gazillion times that I won’t go to that arranged marriage meeting. I don’t ask or interfere about your work, neither do you for my studies, as well as when you, dad, remarried, right? So I hope you’d do it as well for my personal life. I have my own life so I hope you won’t try to control it.” Minwoo said irritably but still with respect in his tone as he took a step but paused halfway.

 

“Right now, my heart belongs to someone special. I already confessed to her and I’m just waiting for her response. I’m telling this to the two of you because in the future, in case that she says yes, I want the both of you to meet her. She is very special to me. What I’m holding for her is something dear that I don’t want to get ruined by anyone, not even you, my parents. I just hope that you realize that and let me do as I please. Good night.”

 

Minwoo walked upstairs with his bag hovering on his shoulder and went to his room, leaving his parents downstairs.

 

His dad sat down and sighed.

 

“I’m having second thoughts if we should continue this or not.”

 

His wife sat down beside him and patted his back with a smile.

 

“Don’t worry. He’ll give in eventually.”


THANK YOU FOR READING CHAPTER 29!

ok Midterm exams are officially OVER! but meh. Finals are already closing in. OTL 

It seems like our exams are endless. //3 

well, anyways, a HUGE REVELATION will be shown in the next few chapters! on chapter 31! but if you're an observant reader, then with only chapter 30, you'll be able to guess what it is :D I already gave you a hint here. MEHEHEHEHE >:D

and about the korea exchange student program, I already passed my application form. now me and my friends are just waiting for the response of the coordinators. wish me luck chingus! <3

SARANGHAE!