Chapter 25: The First Beat

My Twin Babysitter

Woojung’s POV

"Hey unni, today is your exams right?" Hyunmin messaged through kakaotalk. I sent a nodding emoticon in return.

 

"Goodluck! And of course, goodluck to Jieun and Minwoo oppa too!"

 

"Ok ok I'll them. Gotta go, the teacher's here"

 

I locked my phone and hid it in my pocket as the teacher placed her things on the table and passed the exam sheets by column.               

 

"Jieun, Nosey, Hyunmin said goodluck." I said to the two as the teacher looked at me.

 

"Ahem. Exams are about to start now, Miss Woojung." The teacher said while I rolled my eyes at her. The is pms-ing.

 

"As I've said, today is your exams. No talking to others. If you have questions, kindly raise your hand and I'll check up on you. You will only be given an hour per subject. You may now begin."

 

Everyone immediately started on their papers as I closed my eyes.

 

Please God, let me pass Math. Thank you.

 

XXXXX

 

3 days has passed and exams ended with a smile on my face. I tried my best to answer everything but I hope it's enough or it'll be goodbye to kwangmin's cooking. Damn.

 

It's our last day before christmas vacation and today, the exam results will be given. My classmates are all restless. They won't stop fussing about the results.

 

As for me, just keep calm and wait for world domination.

 

"Your report cards for the first sem are here!" The teacher yelled making everyone excited and nervous at the same time.

 

The teacher then started calling names, handing the cards one by one.

 

The teacher called minwoo and with a big gin, he went back to his seat.

 

"Guess what, I passed." Minwoo said grinning.

 

"Wow congrats Minwoo!" Jieun smiled while I just ignored the two of them.

 

Why is it so long for the teacher to call me?

 

"Jieun." Jieun then got her card with closed eyes. Upon opening them, the worried look on her face disappeared as she gave me a thumbs up.

 

Looks like she passed too, Lucky for her.

 

"I'm sure you passed everything Woojungie!" Jieun said taking her seat as a sudden realization came to me.

 

Jieun's the last student in the class list and the report card's being given alphabetically. Wait, my surname starts with K!

 

"Ma'am! Where's mine?!" I immediately stood up as the whole class stared at me.

 

"Ah yes Kim Woojung. You're the only one who'll have to retake a math exam so your card's still with your math teacher." The teacher said as my face fell.

 

Say what the .

 

"What the fu--"

 

"You topped all the exams actually but failed math. It's such a waste. Ok everyone, that's all. Class dismissed. Happy holidays! See you next year!" The teacher chuckled as everyone in the room happily cheered.

 

"It's ok Woojung, at least they will let you retake." Jieun said as I saw nosey nodding.

 

my World.

 

XXXXX

 

I returned home alone. Youngmin still has things to do at school so I just told him I'd go home first. I wasn't in the mood. I just wanted to go home and bury my math books and notes under this goddamn world.

 

As I arrived home, lots of curses escaped my mouth. Kwangmin and Donghyun who was watching a movie suddenly turned their heads and looked at me.

 

"What the are you looking at?" Kwangmin immediately waved his hands in front of his face.

 

"Woah, looks like someone's having a bad hair day." Kwangmin said as appa nodded.

 

" off--" I was about to respond when my phone suddenly started ringing.

 

I got it from my pocket and looked at the caller, Victoria. Nice. Just great.

 

"What do you want?" I answered irritably as I heard my mom's voice over the phone.

 

"How have you been, Woojung?" She asked as my eyebrows crooked even more.

 

"Fine without you."

 

"Well we've just arrive from Europe. Your uncle Nickhun and I are in Korea now."

 

"And so?" I asked sarcastically as I heard Victoria's voice turned more serious.

 

"I want you to go with me in a meeting--" before she can even finish, I immediately cut her off.

 

"No. I won't go. That's that." Victoria then sighed.

 

"Uncle Nickhun will talk to you--" before this talk can even go any further, I ended the call and sighed.

 

Appa and Kwangmin looked at me worriedly.

 

"Who was that?"

 

"Just a nobody."

 

XXXXX

 

It’s the Christmas holidays already and guess where I am.

 

Yes. I'm in this goddamn school retaking this goddamn math test. Curse this test, curse this room, curse this school and most of all, curse the proctor. Why the proctor? Well simply because the proctor who's supervising me right now is Mr. Jo '' Youngmin.

 

"Why the are you here?" I asked with a raised brow as blondie just smiled while taking a seat in the teacher's desk.

 

"Well actually Mrs. Kang, your math teacher and also the teacher I was helping, had to run an errand so she asked me to supervise you while you retake your exam." Blondie grinned as cold sweat ran down from my head.

 

I didn't tell appa or Kwangmin that I'll have to retake my math exam. What if he let me in on them?

 

"I didn't know that you failed the math exam." I looked at him and laughed awkwardly.

 

"Did you ask?" Youngmin shook his head.

 

"But kwangmin did." My mouth fell upon hearing Kwangmin's name. So he did tell them—

 

"But I didn't tell them since I'm such a nice kid and you're not." The smile on my face quickly vanished as it was replaced by a bitter look.

 

"Say what?"

 

"What." Youngmin said with a smile as I looked straight at him.

 

"What do you mean, what?"

 

"Well you asked me to say what?"

 

"That was an expression."

 

"I just followed what you said." Youngmin beamed making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

 

", you're so annoying.”

 

"I know."

 

“you know, you could’ve just asked Mrs. Kang to pass me if you’re so close to her.” I whined in a y manner, trying to solve these math equations that seems foreign to me.

 

“And let you take the easy way?  No way. Oh hey, that rhymes.” Blondie smiled as I rolled my eyes at him. Of course they’d rhyme you idiot. They’re the same words!

 

“Ok, to make up for what you DIDN’T do, just go here and answer this sheet for me.” I gave him a poker face as he did the same.

 

“You’d really think I’d do that?”

 

“You know we’d only waste more time if you keep babbling nonsense. Just come here and do this.” I said irritably making blondie smirk.

 

“Fine with me. As long as I’m with you, I can wait forever.” My face immediately felt hot upon hearing Blondie’s words. Whenever there are people, he would get all restless just by hearing cheesy lines and now he’s doing it himself?

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” I squeaked as I facepalmed myself, blondie just laughed like an angel.

 

Ok that was so wrong. Cross the angel part. God, I must be stressed out already.

 

Few minutes passed and I managed to solve plenty of questions. Almost half of the sheet was already filled by the genius me. Blondie would occasionally check up on my paper and snicker. I don’t know if he’s just being a bull or my answers are really wrong but I couldn’t care less anymore. I just wanted to finish this and go home.

 

Upon finishing another equation, I suddenly felt wet in my lower area. It wasn’t pee because I just went to the restroom but then it hit me. , why of all times would I have to experience this now?! God must be punishing me.

 

I looked at Blondie as I saw him smile back. Ugh, this is embarrassing.

 

Youngmin’s POV

“uhh… Youngmin.” Woojung called making me look at her weirdly. She rarely calls me by my name, it would either be Blondie or but hearing her call me like that is quite nice.

 

“yeah? Got a problem?” I asked, walking towards her. I noticed that her face is a little red. Is she sick?

 

“are you okay? You seem a bit flushed—“  I was about to touch her forehead when she slapped it away.

 

“I-I’m fine. It’s just that… can you do me a favor?”  Woojung averted my gaze as she struggled in speaking.

 

“ok. What is it?” I asked making her smile gawkily.

 

“well….”

 

……

 

“That will be 1,400 Won (1.23 USD)” the cashier said while giggling. I awkwardly handed her the payment as I heard few high school girls laughing behind my back.

 

“What a sweet boyfriend! He actually bought pads for his girlfriend!”

 

“If I were that, I wouldn’t be able to go out in public holding those.”

 

“Uhm, Noona, can you please hurry?” I whispered making the cashier chuckle.

 

“Ok, here you go. Sorry for the wait. Be quick now or else it might turn ugly.”

 

I quickly snatched the plastic bag while nodding to the lady.

 

I couldn’t believe that Woojung would really make me buy this… this… small diapers…well pads as they call it. It’s not that I don’t want to buy one but it’s not every day that a college guy like me will buy ‘pads’ in a convenience store where lots of girls go to.

 

This is just damn embarrassing.

 

Good thing the convenience store was just in front of the school. I hurriedly went to the girl’s restroom and looked for Woojung.

 

“Woojung? Where are you?” I shouted just beside the door as I heard Woojung’s call.

 

“Pass it over the door. I’m in the last cubicle.” My eyes widened as I realized what she’s trying to make me do.

 

“Are you planning on making me go inside a women’s room?!” I exclaimed.  In my 19 years of living, I have never entered a women’s room. Ok maybe when I was 5…

 

“Well, obviously? It’s not like there are other people here. Stop whining and just give me the damn thing!” Woojung yelled making me sigh in defeat.

 

“The things I do for you.” I remarked, tossing the bag over the cubicle.

 

“Did you say something?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

I waited for Woojung inside the classroom while looking outside the window. It has been a couple of minutes since I came back from the women’s room and Woojung’s still not here, seeing as she’s not coming anytime soon, I decided to check up on her.

 

Upon arriving there, all the cubicles were empty. No one’s in the hallway either. I tried to look everywhere and she’s still nowhere to be seen.  Where could she possibly be? I was walking back and forth when I saw the door of Woojung’s car was opened and a small girl was peeking inside with her behind sticking outside. That’s when it hit me.

 

“WOOJUNG! LET GO OF YOUR MATH BOOK AND GET BACK HERE OR I’LL TELL MRS. KANG THAT YOU CHEATED AND YOU’LL HAVE TO RETAKE THE EXAM AGAIN!”

 

XXXXX

 

“I’m done! I’m finally done! And this time, I’m sure I’ll pass!” Woojung yelled excitedly as she handed the test sheet to me. I patted her head and smiled at her.

 

“Good work. Tell you what, since you finished the exam earlier than expected, let’s go out and play.”

 

“J-just the two of us?” Woojung asked, her cheeks painted a flushed pink. She looks so innocent staring at me like that.

 

“Wait for me outside, I’ll just bring your test to Mrs. Kang’s table.” Woojung nodded and together we went out of the room. I hurriedly went to the faculty, good thing mrs. Kang’s table was just beside the door. After placing the sheet on one of the folders, I closed the door and ran towards our meeting place.

 

“What took you so long? It’s just a sheet of paper.” Woojung said, pouting. I chuckled at her expression as she moved from her place.

 

“Yeah yeah, so where do you wanna eat?” I asked. Woojung then looked at me as she started walking towards the stairs. My eyes widened upon seeing that she was just an inch from falling.

 

“Woojung!”

 

“Yes—“ Without any notice, I immediately grabbed Woojung’s waist making her hold tightly unto my arms from the shock. My heart raced upon the thought of Woojung falling. I couldn’t bear to let Woojung get hurt. My heart wouldn’t take it.

 

“Are you okay?!” I asked Woojung as she remained wrapped in my arms. She then nodded slowly while turning her head towards me.

 

I sighed in relief as our eyes met. We were only a few inches away when a sudden realization came to me making my heart beat faster.

 

So this is a back hug. 


THANK YOU FOR READING CHAPTER 25!

I, for one, am loving this CHAPTER. REALLY. 

HAHAHAHA! I love Youngmin here. I AM SOOOO LOVING HIM <3 especially when he said:

“Fine with me. As long as I’m with you, I can wait forever.”

IT WAS SO CHEESY. DAMN IT YOUNGMIN, Y U MAKIN ME FEEL THIS WAY?!! 

 

I LOVE YOU GUYS!