The Promise Remake

Hate vs Love

Tiffany’s cottage

 

‘Thanks for the dinner…’

‘You’re welcome…’

‘So I guess… I’ll be going now…’

‘Yeah…bye…thanks for today…’

‘You’re welcome…’ Yul smiles at Tiffany. The two seems to be so hard to say goodbye to each other.

‘Umm…can I ask you something?’ Yul asked.

‘Yes?’

‘I wonder if I could come back again some times to spent time with Juhyun? Well…if you don’t mind…’

‘Seeing that Juhyun likes you so much, I can’t stop you from seeing her right? So you may…’ Tiffany gives her words.

‘Yeah…so…goodnight…I’ll see you tomorrow.’

‘Yeah…’ Tiffany nods, but a part of her does not want him to leave.

Yul stood there for a moment before he makes a daring move. He kissed her on the cheek before dash to his car and leave.

 

‘Did…he just kiss me?’ she asked herself and her hand slowly touching her cheek at where Yul kissed earlier.

‘Why are you feeling like this Tiffany ah? Why does he remind you of Yuri? Yuri is dead…you saw her body. He can’t be Yuri…’ she tried to reassure herself.

 

 

The next day (Taeng’s apartment)

 

‘You what?!!!’

‘I’m sorry Yuri…I had too…sooner or later, she will know the truth anyway…and I hate seeing her getting hurt every time that she was thinking of me…’ Taeng lowers his head to apologize.

‘…I am not ready to face Tiffany yet…I still can’t remember anything about her…I just can’t…’ Yul exclaims.

‘Yuri…’

‘I don’t want to talk to you Taeyeon!! We’ve agree to keep it secret until the time we’ve got our revenge!!’

‘Jessica promised me that she won’t spilt it out to her sister…trust me Yuri…apart from getting my revenge, you are my top priority too…I want you to be happy and have your own family.’ Taeng tried to reassure his cousin

‘……I’m…I’m going out to meet up with Tiffany and Juhyun for breakfast…we’ll talk again later…’

‘Yuri…I hope you understand why I did that…’ Taeng voiced out before Yul steps out from the apartment.

Without saying any words in exchange,Yul steps out and leaving his cousin feeling distasted and guilty over his act.

 

Once Yul got in his car, he slams on the car steering and scream out his frustration. ‘AAH!!! Why?!! Kwon Yuri!! Please remember something about Tiffany…please….’ He cried while had his head laid on the steering.

‘I can’t go on like this…this feeling so painful for me to go through…’

 

His phone suddenly ring, he gets his head up and answer it as he clears his throat too.

 

‘Hello?’

 

‘Ahjussi!! You promised that you would come to have breakfast with me but where are you?’ Juhyun grumps on the other side of the phone line.

 

‘Aah…Juhyunie…mianeh…ahjussi will be a little late because I’m stuck in traffic, but as my apology I will buy you something on my way there…’

 

‘Ok~apology accepted! Ahjussi ah! Omma missed you so much and she wants to talk to you through the phone!!’ Juhyun giggled on the other side after she finished her sentence.

‘Yah!! Juhyun! Don’t simply spread slander!!’

‘But omma it’s true!!’

 

Yul could hear them clearly over the phone ‘Umm…excuse me?’

 

‘I’m sorry Yul…Juhyun gets kinda hyper this morning and I would blame if for too much adrenaline release from yesterday activity…’ Tiffany sighed.

 

‘Ahahaha…I see…well…I’m sorry for the kiss last night, I don’t know what came into me and…’ before Yul able to finish his sentence, Tiffany cuts him through.

 

‘We could pretend like it never happens…’

 

‘Ah…I really hope you weren’t mad for that…’ Yul stutters over his own words.

 

‘I don’t really mind…so could you come quickly now? Juhyun won’t eat until you come and I’m hungry now!’

 

‘okay…I’ll be right away!!’

 

 

Jung Family Mansion

 

Jessica stands in front of her former house. So many sad memories came back to her as she steps inside the mansion compound.

‘I hate to be here after all that happened…’ she sighed, but she had too.

She had to face her father and tell her about her marriage. She is still a Jung no matter what.

She hesitates in pressing the doorbell she was having a second thought.

‘Miss Jessica??’ one of the Jung servants notices her while she was taking out the trash.

‘Young Miss!! What are you doing here?’

‘I need to talk to my father…is he home?’ Jessica asked.

‘Oh he is!! Please come in and I’ll make your favourite scones!’ the servants open the door and invite her in.

Jessica returns her kindness with a warm smile.

 

‘Mr.Jung…Miss Jessica is her to see you!’

‘Jessica??’ Yunho’s eyes blurted out when he heard his daughter name.

‘Hi…dad…’ Jessica greets him with painful and hateful tone.

‘Jessica…what are you doing here? Do you need financial help or you need a place to stay or…’

Jessica cut her father through before he could even finish his words ‘I came here to ask for your blessing dad…I’m getting married…’

Yunho’s face turn red when he heard what she said ‘With whom?!’

‘With Kim Taeng…the automobile CEO…the one that you met at the KIA party a few weeks ago…’ Jessica explains.

Yunho’s frown for a moment and then he remember the dashing young boy that he met at the party and he’s glad that finally Jessica come to her sense and starting to forgetting that midget Taeyeon.

‘You have my blessing my daughter! It’s about time you forget that Kim girl and live like a normal women as your age should be!’

Jessica nods with nonchalant face.

‘When will the wedding take place?’ Yunho asked with enthusiasm, he was happy that finally Jessica willing to come back to him.

Although, he didn’t know that it’s all was Jessica and Taeyeon’s scheme.

‘Next week…’ Jessica answers in monotone voice.

‘Why so rush? Are you pregnant with his child?’ Yunho asked while teasing.

Jessica blushed, she blushed not because of Yunho but because she imagined that she’s pregnant with Taeyeon’s child.

‘No…we’re not…it just that…we don’t wanna waste any more time…and I’m not getting younger dad…’ Jessica comes up with an excuse.

‘I see…well…let me know if there’s anything that you need…’

‘Yes dad…’ Jessica answered with a nod but her expression is empty.

‘Bring him over sometime to meet with me sometime…’

‘Sure…I’ll go now dad…I got a meeting with Taeng this afternoon.’

 

Tiffany’s house

 

Ding Dong

 

Juhyun rushed to the door to get it and once she opens the door ‘Ahjussi you’re late!!!’ she scolded the tall tanned man.

Yul smile awkwardly at the sulking Juhyun.

‘Why are you late? I almost die of hunger while waiting for you…’ Tiffany scoffs.

Yul bows and apologizes ‘I’m sorry so I bought this…’ he handed Tiffany a box of cake.

‘Cake?’

‘Yeah…strawberry cake…’

‘I love it!! Ahjussi come in and eat with us!’ Juhyun invite Yul in.

Yul smiles sheepishly at the frowning Tiffany and mutter out sorry to her.

Tiffany sighs and welcomes her guest in.

 

While having their quiet silent peaceful breakfast, Juhyun suddenly ask out of the blue the question that make the two adults gag on their food.

‘Ahjussi when are you going to marry my mom?’

‘Guh!!’ both Yul and Tiffany gagged on their sandwich and their glances exchange in between each other and Juhyun.

‘What are you saying honey? I mean me and Yul we are barely even friend…there’s no way you know that we’re getting marry to each other…’ Tiffany explains while stumbling on her own words.

‘But…Juhyun want a father…’ Juhyun pouted and she pushes away her cereal’s bowl.

Tiffany glances to Yul for help and the tanned man sigh before he speaks up ‘Alright Juhyun I will be your father with a condition…’

Juhyun was happy while Tiffany frown deeply at Yul ‘What is he thinking?’ she thought to herself.

‘I will be your father without me having to marry your mum~’

‘Eh?’

‘It’s simply~ since your mom hates me so much I don’t wanna force her into marrying me right? And she probably still loves your dad….’

Tiffany lowers her head because Yul strike the jackpot, no matter how hard she tries, Yuri’s memories are everywhere she still hasn’t got over her death yet.

‘I don’t mind that as long as ahjussi is with me!!’ Juhyun exclaims with happy grin.

‘You’re still calling me ahjussi? How about appa from now on?’ Yul suggests with one of his eyebrow lifted and cheeky smile on his face.

‘Can I?’

‘Of course!! Come here give your appa a kiss and a hug!!’ Yul opens up his arms to welcome the little girl into his embrace.

Juhyun happily buried herself in Yul’s embrace, Tiffany who was watching the two interaction quietly felt jealous toward Juhyun and at the same time Yul too.

She felt jealous at Juhyun because she got to hug Yul and she’s jealous toward Yul because as a mother she was unable to make her own daughter smile and laugh like how Yul make her.

‘Omma?’ Juhyun’s voice brings Tiffany back to her sense, when her eyes met with her daughter’s glistening eyes, she smiles at her ‘Yes honey?’

‘I’m sorry…’ Juhyun apologizes.

‘Eh? Why?’ Tiffany was perplexed by the sudden apology.

‘I didn’t mean to make you sad…I wasn’t trying to replace appa’s place in your heart or mine…but I don’t like seeing omma getting all the slander from people out there…at school, all of my classmates said that you are no good woman. It hurts me omma, so I started to hate it when you’re going out with other men…I know some of them wanted to be with you because of your money…but when we met with Yul ahjussi…somehow I saw something in you changes omma…you’ve become like the old omma that I used to know when appa is still around. But if you don’t like all this…I’m sorry omma! I won’t meet Yul ahjussi if you wanted me too!! Please don’t cry!!’ Juhyun cried and she buried her face in the crook Tiffany’s neck.

Tiffany was touched by what her daughter had just told her. Actually without her knowing when she was watching Yul and Juhyun hugging each other, her tears dropped and Juhyun saw that. She thought that her mother was deeply hurt inside so decided to apologize.

Yul walks toward the mother and daughter, he kneels on one of his knee, lifted up Tiffany’s face and he wipes her tears with his thumbs while flashing his gentle smile at Tiffany.

‘I’m sorry…I won’t disturb Juhyun or you anymore after this…I didn’t know that you hate me so much inside…but I just wanted to be her father…being with her is the happiest thing I ever feel…but I understand that you’re against it…so…I’ll go.’ After he finished his sentences, he stood up and wanted to leave the place but Tiffany stops him.

‘Idiot! You make a promise with Juhyun that you will protect her and be her father didn’t you? Even if I hate you…Juhyun doesn’t…she likes you very much and I don’t mind having you around…please don’t go…’ she said in between her sobbing.

Yul smiles and bent down to hug her.

‘I will take care of you and Juhyun…I promise…’ Yul whispers in Tiffany’s ear.

 

 

Hi Hi!!! Missed me? LOL~ I know I've been M.I.A for sooooooo looooong!!! I'm sorry guys!!! Busy with school life and keep on postponing this story!!! >< really sorry!! Anyway enjoy!! Hope you'll like it!!!!!