CHAPTER 33

What Happened Between Us?

Wonder girls are now back to Korea for a while. Still early in 2009. Tomorrow, Sohee and Jiyong already promise to meet up. She’s planning to do some shopping with him and spend the rest of the day together. While she busy thinking about activity to do tomorrow, she gets an mms from an unknown number.

Sohee: whose number is this? (She opens the message. Her face dried up. She’s tremble and froze.)

There on her phone screen, a picture. A picture of a guy and girl. Kissing each other. And it’s none other than her own boyfriend Kwon Jiyong and the rumour girl, Kiko Mizuhara. Although the picture is a bit blurry, she still can recognize his face. These looks like a new picture since GD just dye his hair ash brown few days ago. He sends her a picture of his new hair few days ago so she knew about it.

How can he? How can he do this to me? Am I stupid to trust all his words before? Or am I being trick from the sender of this picture? But whose number is these? She tries to call the number but it’s never reach. Her mind became blank. She just sits on her bed emotionless. Betrayed, sad, disappointed, heartbroken fills up her heart. She wants to call Jiyong and ask about it. But, when she look at the picture, what more to ask? Let’s just meet tomorrow and decide what to do.

BB dorm in Korea.

YB: G, are you serious with Kiko?

GD: what are you talking about?

YB: I know you well enough G. This is not what a friend does. (He show the picture of gd and kiko kissing to him)

GD: What the hell. Where did you get this?

YB: Kiko send it to me saying she send it to wrong numbers. But I think she purposely send it to me.

GD: No kiko won’t do that. She’s a nice girl.

YB: That’s not the point. But how can you kiss her if she just a friend?

 GD: It’s happen so fast. And it’s just a kiss. Not something big. You better delete that picture. I don’t want any scandal happen from it.

YB: Now you say. When you kiss her have you not thought about the scandal at all? About Sohee at least?

GD: Sohee won’t know about it. Unless you told her or show the picture to her.

YB: I don’t have the heart to tell her because I know it will hurt her so much. I think about her feeling. Not like you. (YB leaves GD alone and takes a deep sigh.)

GD: It’s just a kiss. Nothing more. Don’t worry jiyong-ah, Sohee won’t know about it.

The Date.

GD picks Sohee at her dorm. Sohee act like usual. Like nothing happened. She smiles, laugh, jokes around and being lovable for her boyfriend all day. She just wants to enjoy this date like other couple. Although her heart is hurting so much, everytime GD kiss her, she feels like want to cry so much. Thinking that lips which supposedly belong to only her, has touch another lips behind her. It’s hurt. Futhermore, she notices his kissing style is not same as before. On top of that, she keeps smiling. Hiding all the pain. She doesn’t even know why she did that. But, she just wants to spend her time with her love one. At least this one day. She misses him so much. They haven’t met for so long. At least let this date reach the end. After spending the whole day together, GD sends her back to the dorm. He parks his car at the side of the road. Sohee sit still. No sign she’s getting out of the car.

GD: What’s wrong? Do you want me to open the door for you? (He smiles.)

Sohee: oppa, kiss me again.

GD quite shock but still do as she told. After the kiss, Sohee still being emotionless.

Sohee: your kissing style has changed oppa.

GD: what are you talking about?

Sohee: it doesn’t feel like before.

GD: Sohee stop talking nonsense. (A bit nervous in his tone can be heard. No way Sohee would know about the kissing incident right?)

Sohee: oppa, am I not being a good girlfriend for you?

GD: Sohee, what is this all about?

Sohee: I know we barely get to meet and spend time together, I can’t kiss you every day, I can’t always be beside you.

GD: Stop it. What is wrong with you?

Sohee takes her phone and show the picture to him. GD frozes. He just looks blankly at Sohee.

GD: Sohee, I….

Sohee: just friend? I believe you before. I believe every single word you told me before. Maybe I love you too much that I trust everything came out from your mouth. But oppa, you know I’m hurt. Every time you kiss me today, I feel like dying. Because your lips supposedly belong to me. And what makes me more hurt because your kissing style also has changed. It’s show me how much you have kissed her. Oppa, why are you doing this to me? Am I not enough for you?

GD: No Sohee. I… I love you. 

Her tears start to fall. She feels absurd with the sudden I love you. That is not the words she wants to hear right now. She laughs. She laughs along with her tears. She feels so stupid. Disappointed with her own self.

Sohee: I must be a fool.

GD: No please. Don’t say like that. I’m the one who is stupid. I’m so sorry I hurt you like this. I don’t know why but I keep hurting you. I’m so sorry. (He holds both of her hand tightly and try to hug her but Sohee reject it with her whole body.)

Sohee: oppa, I’m so sorry. But this is not the first time you’ve said sorry to me. Sorry can easily be said but its mean nothing if you keep doing the mistake. I’ve always said to you, please stop hurting me for every time you make me cry, and for that every time you’ve said sorry. ….Maybe ..…Maybe this is it oppa. We should end things here. I don’t see how far we can go after this. Beside, I’m moving out from korea. Wonder girls gonna stay in US and debut there. Maybe we can use this time to find ourselves and maybe if there any feeling left for each other we’ll meet again. (She said it with a bit strength left inside her. She closed her eyes tightly. Looking for some light. Tears still running out from her eyes.)

GD: this is it? That’s all you can say? For someone who loves you more than his own life, that’s it? You think my love for you is nothing? You easily said let’s break up and you outta here just like that? Am I not worthy enough to receive your forgiveness? Don’t you love me?

Sohee: I am! But you don’t show me the happiness in loving you. I feel the happiness for a short time and then I hurt for a long time. This is not the love I want. This is not the future I imagine. Do you want me to still smile and kissing you happily after knowing the fact you’ve been keeping another woman behind my back and kissing her for the whole time I’m not by your side? Am I not human? Don’t I have any feeling? Have you never thought about me when you kiss her? I hurt so much more than your hurt when I said I want a break up. At least you can be happy with her after this.

GD: How can I? How can I be happy with another woman? My heart belongs to you. Only you. I may get distracted sometimes, but it doesn’t change my love for you. Not even an inch. My love for you is always deeper. Please don’t do this Sohee. I can’t.

Sohee: I’m sorry oppa. Let’s give ourselves times to realize our feelings. Maybe, if we really meant for each other, we’ll find our way back to each other. But for the time being, give me time to heal.

GD: Get out. Get out from my cars. (GD finally said something after being silent for about 15 minutes. He seems in a lot of thought.)

Sohee: oppa.

GD: Leave Sohee. Go before I lose myself. Go.

Sohee finally open the car and ready to get out from GD cars. She takes a last look at GD face. Her heart broken to pieces. She can see the traces of GD tears.

I’m sorry oppa. Maybe this is the best for us…

Few days after the sad broke up, Wonder Girls has gone to the US. Preparing for their US tours with Jonas Brother. These also mark their breakthrough to the US market.