CHAPTER 4

What Happened Between Us?

YG training room.

There’s a loud music inside the room. GD is pretty sure Chaerin is still practicing right now. Looking at the time, it’s already past midnight, so he’s sure that Chaerin is alone practicing. He came inside the practice room and there she is. Dancing alone.

GD: hello, Chaerin-ah.

CL looked at GD.

CL: oh, why are you here oppa?

GD: I’ve got some stuff to do at the studio. Want to drink? (GD actually went to the YGE just to see CL. He already bought the drink to make some reason to have a talk with CL. GD is not sure why he want’s to see CL. But one thing for sure, it’s because of Sohee. He wants to know about her.)

CL: umm,yeah sure. (It’s weird. Jiyong oppa never do this. I mean, he’s nice, but in the middle of night and hanging out with me? Weird.)

Amidst of being confused, CL still sit on the floor in front of GD.

GD: Chaerin-ah, when will you debut? Do you know when?

CL: huh? I don’t know. Boss never tells us about it. So, I don’t really know. (This is really weird.)

GD: how long have you be a trainee?

CL: about half a year. Why? (CL joins YG at late 2006)

GD: including at JYPE?

CL: oh no, I train about 2 years at JYPE. Why? (This is not actual period. I don’t have any information how long CL trained at JYPE.)

GD: nothing. So you must be closed with the others trainee right?

CL: hahaha… I can’t even call them trainee nowadays. My close friend already debut. Three of them are Wonder Girls member now.

GD: are you regretting leaving JYPE?

CL: no. I’m just sad when I miss them. JYP is not really my colour. So I don’t feel regret, but I treasure my friend. So yeah, it’s kinda sad actually.

GD: you must be close with them. That’s why you feel sad. Especially when they already debut and receive a lot of love.

CL: actually, I’m the happiest person for my friends. Sohee, Yeeun unnie and Sunye unnie is really nice. Sunye unnie is always caring about us, with Yeeun unnie I can talk about a lot of think. Sohee is younger than me, but she like to play prank. She always jokes around and makes people around her laugh and adores her. How much I miss them. (Sigh…)

GD: you seem the closest with Sohee.

CL: yeah. I share the room with her. Basically, I spend almost the whole day with her. So yeah, I’m very close with her. Since she’s younger than me, I have always taken care of her before this. Did you know that she joined JYPE originally because she wants to be an actress? But one of our bosses persuades her to be an idol. And with a lot of thinking, she agreed then. She’s very hardworking and passionate in what she’s been doing. To tell the truth, she can’t even sing beautifully when we first met. But now look at her, she has improved. And I believe she will improve more in the future. (CL takes a look at GD and saw GD is dead quite and only stares at the floor.) I’m talking to much right. Sorry.

GD: no. No. Your story is interesting and its makes me immersed when hearing it. Please continue it.

CL: when I left the company, she’s crying a lot in the room. She didn’t even want to talk to me. She said I didn’t love her. She’s such a cry baby back then. I couldn’t even say sorry to her. Whenever I feel like missing them, I always have these to look at. (She takes something out from her bag)

(imagine there's no writing at the bottom of the picture. credit to rightful owners.)

GD takes a look at the photo and she saw Sohee behind CL. She must be close with CL. She looks so cute. They talked about it for almost 2 hours long. Until CL realize it’s already 3am and excused herself to get back to the dorm. 

 

p/s: They are really close back then. But now look likes distance makes them grow further from each other. Who expect that Sohee and CL is a roomies at that time.