CHAPTER 19

What Happened Between Us?

28 December 2007

Music bank Year-End Special.

It’s only been 2 days since they’ve been couple. Everything is beautiful. They text to each other almost every second. But, something shocking about to happen. One of KBS music bank Pd came to their waiting room and told that they need to do the special collaboration stage once again because that stage won first place. Both Wonder Girls and Big Bang shock and worried. They barely remember the step and Sohee and GD are more worried because this is their first stage as a couple. What if people noticed it? No wonder the Pd gave them the same waiting room.

Sohee: oppa, what are we gonna do? Fans won’t notice it right? I’m so nervous.

GD: just be as always. Like our first collaboration stage. I’m more worried about the step. I barely remember it. Let’s practice a little bit can we?

Sunye: okay. We can do a raw practice right here.

Sohee: aigoo. Why I’m feeling so nervous. Chill Ahn Sohee. You have done this once. You can do it again. Just take a deep breath. You can do it.

(You guys can look at the 2nd collaboration stage on YouTube. we all can see how awkward Sohee and GD right. She can’t even look at him. Cute!)

TOP: what was that? It’s so messy. I’m so embarrassed. hahaha.

Yoobin: yeah it’s so messy. I feel like we’re running around on the stage trying to figure out things.

GD: it’s okay. Fans will understand us. This is last minute performance. We don’t even get a proper practice.

Sunye: yes you’re right. But, Sohee-ah, you look so awkward with Jiyong oppa. You can’t even look at him. You should act natural if you don’t want people to saw through your act.

Sohee: I’m sorry. I’m just feeling very awkward.

GD: it’s okay Sohee-ah. You can be comfortable around me. No need to feel awkward. I’m your boyfriend after all. Don’t be shy.

Seungri: whoa hyung, sound so manly huh. kekeke.

GD: yah, get away from us. I’m having a moment with my girlfriend right now.

Seungri: aigoo aigoo. You’re getting ignorant after having a girlfriend huh. Fine, fine.

Sohee: hahaha. Seungri oppa, you too should find yourself a girlfriend instead just hanging around in front of other girl group waiting room. hahaha.

GD:  Seungri has a lot of girlfriend already. We need to keep an eye on him. So he won’t do anything dumb. hahaha.

Seungri: eo eo, look at this couple, whoa, y’guys having fun teasing me huh. Okay, okay, I’ll go somewhere else.

Sohee: sorry oppa. hahaha

Seungri: it’s okay Sohee-ah. I’ll let you two lovebirds having your moment. Bye.

GD: Sohee-ah, you want to go out with me after this? You guys are done with the schedule today right?

Sohee: yes, our schedules already finish for today, but, won’t it be too risky going out together in daylight? What if people see us?

 GD: don’t worry, you just need to cover up little bit and don’t wear any make up. I’ll wait for you here. Hurry changes.

Sohee hurry goes to the changing room and getting ready for their first proper date. Feeling excited, she can’t hide her facial expression which is beaming in her eyes. The WG saw this and teasing her.

Yoobin: looks like someone has a date. hahaha

Sunye: aigoo, our baby mandu has grown up so much that she even has a boyfriend now. Meanwhile, the unnies are feeling lonely.

Sunmi: Ahn Sohee, even though you cheated on me, but have fun with you date. kekeke

Yeeun: Sunmi-ah it’s okay, you can have a loveline with me instead. Let’s hug each other. (Yeeun and Sunmi hugging each other while making a crying face)

Sohee: stop it you guys, I’m just going out for a while. We’re still sleeping together Sunmi-ah. hahaha

Sunmi: omo omo. Ahn Sohee, you ert. hahaha

Sunye: yah, stop it kids. Mandu, I know you’re having fun, and we also feel happy for you. But, please remember, be careful okay. Don’t make any headlines. We’re still a rookie. I don’t want anything bad to happen.

Sohee: I got it unnie. I’ll be careful and Jiyong oppa said, he will take care of me. I need to go now. Catch you guys later at home. Bye.

Sohee hurriedly goes to Jiyong. As she came nearer, Jiyong flash a smile that has caught her heart before. She smile back and they start walking together. Since, they’re still at the broadcast station, they need to be careful and hide their identity. They got onto BB van and move to the somewhere.

Sohee: oppa, where are going today?

GD: just, somewhere. (GD smile at her.)

Sohee: somewhere? Sunye unnie told me not to go the crowd place. She afraid we might get caught.

GD: aigoo, don’t worry. I know how to take care of my girlfriend. You’re safe with me. Don’t worry mandu-ah.

Sohee: (pouts) I don’t really like you call me mandu.

GD: eo? Why? It’s you nickname. Your member and fans call you like that. Why I can’t call you like that?

Sohee: I don’t really like being dubbed as mandu. Why can’t I get a pretty nickname too? Even though I’m not that pretty, but, mandu is…

GD: (he cups her face and look at her eyes) Sohee-ah, you don’t need a pretty nickname. You are pretty and beautiful. Mandu represent your cute chubby cheeks. You should be proud. Sunye didn’t give that nickname for nothing. She knows you best. She makes a brand for you. Mandoo Sohee. Now, when everyone about to eat mandu, don’t they’ll be reminded of you? You should be proud. Not everyone got a nickname like that. (GD smiles at her.) And don’t worry, as you wish, I won’t call you mandu anymore. Okay?

Sohee: I guess you’re right. Since almost everyone like to eat mandu, I’ll be recognized more right? I need to start liking that nickname. Thank you oppa. (Sohee smiles brightly at GD.)

GD: now, that’s my girlfriend. Oh, looks like we’ve arrived. Let’s go.

They got out from the van and going inside a boutique café in front of them. They got inside and the staff of the boutique café show them the way to the second floor. It’s a store full’s of fashion items. From clothes to accessories.

GD: I want to do some shopping with you. And don’t worry, this place owner is my close friend. We’re safe here. (He smiles at her.)

Sohee: oh, than that’s good. This is my first time shopping with a man. I wonder how man does their shopping. kekeke

They look around the shop and starts looking at the clothes and some accessories. After finishing their long shopping spree, the couple decide to go to the first floor and have a drink.

GD: I didn’t know you like to drink coke?

Sohee: eo? Oh yeah, I like coke, it’s refreshing. Don’t you like it?

GD: every man have no problem with coke. Including me. But mostly, girls don’t really like to drink cokes. I bet you’re different from them.

Sohee: really? Never heard of it. I thought everyone likes coke.

GD: it’s okay. Actually, I have something to tell you. (He takes a look at her and enjoying the sight in front of his eye.)

Sohee: what is it oppa?

GD: you've heard about our incoming debut in Japan right?

Sohee: yeah. I heard it from Seungri oppa before. Why?

GD: well, the debut is schedule to be held on January. This is mean 2 days from today. And, the date is already set. Even though we’re not going to make a big promotion, but still, we’ll be there. The album will be release on 4 January. So, we’ll be heading to Japan on 2nd Jan after all the Gayo’s. And YG boss only told us last night. So, it’s quite rushed. But I want to tell you by myself, face to face. And what make me sad is, we’ve only getting together 2 days ago and barely get to have our first date as official couple today, yet, 4 days from now we’ll be far from each other. (He looks at her and waiting for her answer.)

Sohee: it’s okay oppa. It’s about our career. This is just the starting right. As an idol, we have a lot more to get through in the future. Also, we have 4 more days to be together right? We should use it as good as we can. Don’t you think so? And, you’re just going there for a few days. You'll be back here in no time. (This will happen frequently. We’re an idol after all. I need to get used to this. Since we’re still in the beginning stage, the feeling won’t get hurt so much right?)

GD: thank you for the understanding Sohee-ah. You’re indeed the best girlfriend in this world. Even though a few days feel like years when I can’t be with you. (He holds her hands and looks at her eyes.)

Sohee: you’re making me feeling shy oppa. Stop it. hahaha

GD: We’ll spend these 4 days together after all for the collaboration stage. I'm gonna spend it wisely.

Sohee: that’s right. We also have a mini music drama filming for SBS Gayo tomorrow. And we’re gonna spend the rest 4 days practicing together and seeing each other at the broadcast station.

GD: its sounds so exhausting. But, as long as you’re there, I’m okay with the entire schedule.

Sohee: you sound so cheesy oppa. hahaha

They spend the remaining days together as they said. Filming for the music drama for half of the day. Then goes straight to the practice room. All of the rehearsal and different Gayo’s stage make them barely able to talk to each other. But as long as they’re ‘together’, they can still be happy about it. And even though they only have 5-10 minutes to have their little moment, they still feel happy as long as they can be together. After all the Gayo’s stage ended, it’s already morning of 1st Jan 2008. And they decide that the last day of BB in Korea, they will spend the very minutes they have, together. They headed to the Han River, in their very casual clothes. They sat at one of the benches and just rest their head on each other watching the dark sky with a very little star shining. GD wraps his arm on Sohee shoulder.

GD: This is my happiest moment. Being here with you like this. I'm the luckiest man in this world, having you as my girlfriend. My beautiful butterfly.

Sohee: you’ll be heading to Japan tomorrow oppa. You should treasure this time so much. And, why did you like to call me butterfly? I've always want to ask you about it.

GD: hmm, butterfly is my nickname for you. I choose that nickname because, you're like a butterfly, beautiful and attractive, spreading your wings and charm, making people immersed in your beauty. But you can't be catch. You brings a smile whenever people see you. Just like a butterfly. And I can’t see your face for and hear your voice about 4-5 days after tomorrow. How I’m supposed to live? Sigh…

Sohee: Thank you oppa. That's was the best word people ever describe me. It's so soothing to hear it. But, oppa, are you planning on not calling me at all when you’re in Japan? You’re too much oppa. And also, 4-5 days is so short, you won’t get a chance to miss me with all the launching. (Sohee takes her head from GD shoulder and looks at his eyes.)

GD: hahaha. Of course I’ll call you. But, talking on the phone won’t be the same as talking with you like this. I’ll miss this so much Sohee-ah.

Sohee: me too oppa. (she puts her head on GD shoulder again.)

GD: and… international calls are expensive Sohee-ah. kekeke. (He stills teasing her and he earned a pinched on his arm from Sohee because of that. But, no matter what she did, he loves her. He loves her so much.)