CHAPTER 28

What Happened Between Us?

BB Dorm.

28 September 2008. 9 PM.

BB just come back home from their busy schedule. Everyone looks dead tired. They just lying around on the floor and trying to clear their mind.

YB: a week from now, we’ll stay a month at Japan. I barely feel living in Korea, and now we’re going to Japan. What a life.

TOP: uh huh. I want to breathe. So tired.

Daesung: you should not complaint hyung. This is what we live for.

GD: we’re going to Japan for a month. What is the date of our departure?

Seungri: 30 September if I’m not wrong. And it’s means 2 days from now. Why?

GD: I’ve not told Sohee about it yet.

YB: yah G, don’t you think she should know about it maybe a month ago?

GD: I don’t even get to see her. We’re too busy. She’s also busy for WG upcoming comeback, she’s like triple busy because of it.

YB: but you guys still contact with each other right?

GD: I guess.

TOP: Jiyong-ah, we’re going to Japan for a whole month. A WHOLE MONTH. Don’t you want to see her before we’re leaving? Don’t tell me you’re not going to miss her. Because when we’re leaving for Japan for 1-2 weeks before, you’re acting like some crazy person because you can’t see her. What about now?

YB: call her G. Don’t play hard. You’ll regret it. And as far as I can see, when we have a little free time, you spend it with your friends and not with her. I met Yubin and Sunye a few days ago to have a dinner, and they said Sohee is getting a hard time because of your busy schedule. What happened G?

GD: (deep sigh.) I forgot.

TOP: about what?

GD: about her.

YB: you still love her right?

GD: Always!

Seungri: meet her hyung. Or at least call her.

Daesung: you still got time to meet her hyung. Do it before it’s too late.

GD takes his phone and start typing.

WG Dorm.

Sunye, Yubin and Yeeun are watching the TV. Sunmi is surfing the internet. Sohee just getting into her thought while sitting on the couch. Her mind is somewhere else. She’s thinking about her distant relationship with her beloved boyfriend. She’s trying so hard to accept the facts that they’re busy. But, it’s getting hard. And she’s afraid of losing him. While she lost in her thought, her phone ringing saying that she has a new message. Hurriedly, she opens the messages.

From: Dragon<3

I miss you too. A lot. Let’s meet right now. I’ll wait for you at the park.

She’s tearing, and smiling. All the sadness she’s been feeling past few weeks seems gone. She hurriedly goes to her room and getting ready.

Sunye: where are you going Sohee-ah? It’s getting late.

Sohee: Jiyong oppa want to meet me at the park. I won’t be long unnie.

Yubin: finally. I thought he’s dead or something for not contacting you at all.

Sohee: unnieee, how can you say like that to my boyfriend? (She pouts.)

Sunye: Let her be. You better hurry Sohee-ah. Each second is precious right now. Go, go.

Sohee: thank you unnie.

Yeeun: take care Sohee-ah.

Sohee hurriedly goes to the nearest park at their dorm. As soon as she arrives, she saw GD already there sitting at their usual bench. She silently walks closer and stand behind him.

Sohee: I miss you so much oppa. I thought you have forgotten about me.

GD: (He stands up and give Sohee a hug.) I’m sorry my beautiful butterfly, my works make me away from you for a while. I hope you won’t get mad at me. I miss you so much.

Sohee: we don’t even have a time to meet, how can I have time to get mad at you. I’m just scared.

GD: scared? Scared of what? (They sit at the bench and Sohee rest her heads at GD shoulder and GD wraps his hand around Sohee. Just like usual.)

Sohee: losing you.

GD: don’t be silly. No matter how busy we get, I won’t left you. You own my hearts remember?

Sohee: I know. But still, I’m getting scared when thinking about it.

GD: then, you should stop thinking about it. Okay? (He kisses her top of head.)

Sohee: mmhmm…

GD: nabi-ah… (Nabi=butterfly)

Sohee: mmm?

GD: I have something to tell you.

Sohee: what is it?

GD: I’ll be leaving Korea the day after tomorrow. I have a Japanese tour for a month.

Sohee: …… (Sit straight and look at him.)

GD: I’m sorry Sohee-ah, I know I should tell you earlier. But, I kind of forget about it, I hope you won’t be mad at me. I really forget about it. (He clasped Sohee hand tightly.)

Sohee: we just met… and…

GD: I know. I’m sorry I didn’t get to spend much time with you. I’m so sorry.

Sohee: …….it’s okay, oppa. It’s your works. I understand.

GD: (seeing Sohee expressionless face, make him feels so pain and his heart getting heavier. He takes Sohee into his arm tightly.) I’m so sorry nabi-ah. Seeing your reaction like this make me feel guiltier. I’m sorry, I should tell you earlier. I’m so sorry. I love you, please don’t be upset with me.

Sohee: oppa, I’m okay. Of course I’m sad, but, there’s nothing I can do about it right? I’m not upset with you. Just don’t forget me while you at Japan.

GD: I won’t. I won’t forget you. I will call you. I promise. But you need to promise me you’ll be at the airport when I’m back okay. I want you to come running to me and hug me as soon as I arrived here.

Sohee: I promise oppa. I’ll wait for you.

GD: thank you, my forever love. (He kisses her and they stay like that longer than usual. Both of their heart is heavy with the temporary separation.)