CHAPTER 21

What Happened Between Us?

2 month later. Around March.

All the WG members are inside the JYP room. JYP arranged a meeting with them.

JYP: kids, I’ve an announcement to made. Your new song is here. Your comeback will not be long from now.

Sunye: really Pd-nim? Whoa that’s great!

Yeeun: yeah that’s awesome. I’m looking forward to it.

JYP: you guy’s will be more busy after this. Since Tell me was a hit songs, people will anticipated your comeback more. So, my advice is, work harder girls. But, not too hard. I don’t want anything bad happen to you guys. Always take care of your health okay.

Sunmi: alright Pd-nim. We all get what you’re trying to say. We’ll work hard but not toooooooo hard. Okay?

Yubin: Silly girl Lee Sunmi.

Sunmi: what did I do? Why unnie why? I’m not a silly girl.

Yubin: just keep your mouth shut.

Sohee: when we’ll start recording Pd-nim?

JYP: after you guys done with practicing the songs. Your comeback will be around May. So, we have about 2 month from now.

Sohee: that’s not so long. We need to start practicing. I’ll go to the vocal room first.

2 weeks later.

WG Dorms.

Sunmi: yah, Ahn Sohee, how can you put my clothes like that. You’ll make it crumbled. Yahhhh.

Sohee: it’s your clothes. Not mine. Fix it yourself. mehrong~~

Sunmi: yahhh, you’re so dead Ahn Sohee.

Sunye: yahh kids. Can’t you sit still? I’m trying to have a peaceful resting time here.

Yubin: when will you guys grow up? These silly girls. Aw, my headache.

Sunmi: we already a grown up young ladies unnie. mehrong~~

Sohee: I’m already grown up. Sunmi is the only one living in her weird worlds. kekeke

Sunmi: what did you say? Do you want to be strangled to death by me? Come here Ahn Sohee.

Yeeun: they just can’t. But my stress kinda faded away watching them like that. hahaha

Sunye: yeah, these two silly girls always know how to comfort their unnies.

Yubin: you both wanna get strangled by me? Huh? (Yubin start playing around with the two.)

Yeeun: stop it you guys. Yubin unnie, you too? aigoo.

Sunye: Girls, come take a look at this. (All the girls gather around Sunye and her computer.)

Sunmi: Youngbae oppa having a solo debut? That’s totally daebak.

Yeeun: And it’s going to be the same time with our comeback. We’ll promote together. Whoa, daebak.

Yubin: Solo debut is totally daebak. I’m jealous. (Yubin hugging Sunmi.)

Sunmi: me too want to have a solo debut in the future. It must be amazing right?

Yeeun: yeah. Having a solo debut is amazing for an idol group.

Sunye: yah, stop talking about solo debut, it’s for the future. For now, just focus on our group okay. I believe we all will have our chance later in the future.

Sohee: But, I don’t want to have a solo debut. I don’t feel comfortable performing alone on stage. I prefer acting. I want to be the best actress from idol group.

Sunye: its okay mandu, we all can have our own dream. No matter what we want to be in the future, we’ll always stick to Wonder Girls, once a WG, always a WG. Okay guys?

Yubin: can I have a group hug? This is so heart warming situation.

WG: okay. (Group hug.)

31 May 2008

WG Staff: congratulations on your comeback Wonder Girls.

WG: thank you. Thank you to all oppa and unnie who have worked hard with us together.

JYP: I’m so proud of you all girls. All of your hard work turns out beautifully. I believe nation will love your comeback. Let’s cheer fighting together.

They’re still celebrating their comeback at JYPE when Sohee phone suddenly ringing. She takes a look at it.

From: Dragon <3

Hello my beautiful butterfly. Having a blast for your comeback? kekeke

YGE Studio.

He looks at his phone waiting the other person to reply his messages.

GD: What takes her so long to reply my messages? (About 3 minutes later, his phone vibrates.)

From: Butterfly <3

Hello oppa. We’re having a small party at the company right now with the staff and Pd-nim. We are having a blast. kekeke

You’re having so much fun without me huh. Just you wait my cheeky girlfriend.

To: Butterfly <3

I’m coming to your party. Just you wait. Who told you can have such a blast without me? ^,^

He calls the other BB members and soon moves to the party together. We’re going to crash a party. kekeke

JYPE Rooftop.

He’s not serious right? He can’t be serious. No, he must be kidding with me.

About 30 minutes later. Sohee phone ringing again. She takes a look at it.

From: Dragon <3

I’m downstairs. Open the back door for me. I’m crashing your party. kekeke

Is he serious right now? She runs towards the back doors and he’s really there, with the rest of BB members.

Sohee: oppa, why are you here?

GD: I’m going to celebrate my girlfriend comeback. Can’t I?

Sohee: but we’re supposed to be a secret couple. Remember?

GD: that’s why I brought them with me. Genius right? kekeke

Sohee: yeah right. Pd-nim will get suspicious seeing you all here. Why BB would come to the WG secret celebration party? Doesn’t makes sense right?

GD: BB and WG is a close friend. We can tell JYP Pd-nim you guys invite us to celebrate your comeback together with Youngbae solo debut right? Great idea isn’t?

Seungri: I told you hyung, we shouldn’t come here. Sohee is right. It’s kinda weird to celebrate it together.

JYP: Sohee-ah just let them joins the party. I’m sure you want to celebrate it together right? (JYP appears from her back. Sohee and BB startled and froze in their place.)

JYP: no need to get shock, I’m not gonna eat you. Sohee-ah, brings them to the rooftop. The more the merrier. And, you don’t need to keep it a secret from me. I’m a best friend with HyunSuk hyung. Whatever he knows means I know that too. So, your little secret is not a secret anymore. And don’t worry, as long as you guys being careful about it, you have my blessing. Have fun with the party.

Sohee brings all of the boys to the rooftop. WG quite shock when seeing all of the BB are there, but immediately happy since they just got bored because there’s nothing to do as the party goes on. They started chit chatting together until GD pulls Sohee a little bit far from the crowds.

GD: I have something to tell you.

Sohee: what is it oppa?

GD: I already told you about the release of our second EP album for Japanese market 2 days ago right?

Sohee: yeah.

GD: we need to go to Japan again. But only for a while like before.

Sohee: Japan again? But, Youngbae oppa having his solo promotion. (She bits her bottom lips. she feels worried and scared for no reason.)

GD: (noticed her worried looks.) Youngbae won’t be coming. He’ll stay here. Don’t worry my butterfly, it’s just for a short time.

TOP: we’ll take care of him for you Sohee-ah. Don’t worry.

Sohee: (she turns to take a look at TOP face.) Promise me oppa?

TOP: of course. I promise you I’ll watch him out for you. Don’t worry Sohee-ah, we’ll make sure he won’t do anything bad. You got our words. Okay?

Sohee: thank you oppa. Please keep an eye on him for me. I’ll treat you guys for ice cream later on.

Seungri: aw, that’s very sweet of you Sohee-ah. But BB only eats the expensive ice cream.

GD: it’s okay Seungri-ah, hyung can give you the expensive ice cream now. Want it? (Jiyong start chasing Seungri around and make the rest of the members laugh.

Yubin: yah, G. I thought you’re the leader. Grow up.

GD: I AM grown up Yub. And I’ve grown to be such a fine, talented and handsome young man. Why? You’re jealous with me huh? Admiring my talent? kekeke

Yubin: EXCUSE ME KWON JIYONG-SHI. omo, Sohee-ah, where did you get a boyfriend so full of himself like this? aigoo, poor our mandu.

GD: Sohee is the luckiest girl in this world to have me as her boyfriend. Right my beautiful butterfly?

Sunye: stop it you guys. Act by your title and age, Big Bang leader and the oldest unnie. Stop being so childish. hahaha

GD&Yubin: CHILDISH? SHE/HE STARTED IT.

TOP: stop it you guys. You’re more immature than the maknae. hahaha

Seungri: yes that’s right. I’m more matured than you guys.

GD&Yubin: WHAT? (They both started chasing Seungri around. The rest of the members laugh and enjoy this moment knowing that this kind of situation won’t always happen.)

Junsu: Yah, Youngbae, Jiyong!! (He started running towards them.)

YB: eo? Kim Junsu!! How are you man? It’s been a long time since I last talking to you. (They hug and exchange their very own handshake with each other.)

GD: yah Junsu. Long time no see. Looking great man. (Hugs and also doing the same handshake.)

Junsu: you’ve been cooler nowadays. Should I call you sunbaenim? hahaha

YB: don’t be like that. We’ve known each other long enough to drop the sunbaenim or whatsoever.

GD: yeah, you’re still our best buddies. So, when will you guys debut? (He takes a look at all the other members behind Junsu.)

Junsu: Soon. JYP Pd-nim told us our debut is coming soon.

GD: whoa, that’s great. Looks like your group have a new face since our battle before right?

Junsu: oh yeah. There a new member selected from the survival show.

YB: yeah, we’ve watch the survival show before. You guys have work hard.

Jay: yeah, it’s really hard. hahaha. Long time no see guys.

GD: yeah hyung, since the battle, we never get a chance to see each other. It’s great to see you again.

TOP: yeah man, great to see you. Debut faster so we can hangout with each other more often.

Wooyoung: Thank you hyung. I hope we can work together in the future.

Junsu: actually, we just stop by to say our congratulations to WG. We need to get back to the practice room after this. WG, you guys did a good job and hope you can be the top girl group with this comeback. Fighting!

Yub: yah, junsu, since when you be so formal with us? hahaha

Junsu: you guys are so popular right now and you guys are our sunbae. So, we need to start acting like one. Pd-nim told us about it. So, we need to be a little formal with each other in the broadcast.

Jay: yeah, even though you guys are our loveable dongsaeng, we can’t help it. hahaha

Sunye: oppa, don’t make us feel uncomfortable. If Pd-nim want you guys to be formal with us, do it only in front of camera. No need to be so formal in real life.

Yeeun: yeah, you guys are making us feels uncomfortable. Taecyeon oppa, since when you become so quiet? Don’t you want to congratulate me like before?

2PM are little bit lost. They’ve been told from the JYP staff to act formal around WG. But, they didn’t have heart when their close dongsaeng feels so uncomfortable and unhappy about this.

Sohee: Khunnie oppa, don’t you want to congratulate me? (Sohee makes her signature puffy cheeks and pouts.)

Khun: it's not like that Sohee-ah. I... I...

Jay: I don’t think this is right. We can act like this. Its feels so awkward. They might be our sunbaenim in this industry, but, they also our loveable close friends. To suddenly act formal around each other is so not right.

YB: yeah, I think you guys can be normal in real life. Maybe in front of camera, you guys need to be a little formal around them. But in real life, no need to be like that.

GD: that’s true. It can be awkward to act formally in real life.

Sunmi: that’s right oppa. We’ve been together for so long. How can you guys suddenly be like that towards us?

Wooyoung: aigoo aigoo, we’re sorry. We don’t know what to do. We won’t be acting like this again in the future okay?

Sohee: that’s okay. We are family after all. But, don't act like this again okay?

After saying their congratulatory and clearing the misunderstanding, 2PM excused themselves to continue their practice. WG and BB end their small party not long after that. The days after that, BB depart to Japan and WG continue on promoting their So hot song.